PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Info for UNC at MU

MU/Panther
05-10-2016, 07:59 AM
NCAA Lacrosse Tickets on Sale Wednesday
Tickets for the first NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championship game in Wisconsin go on sale Wednesday

MILWAUKEE – Tickets for Saturday’s NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship First Round game between sixth-seeded Marquette and North Carolina at Valley Fields will be available for purchase at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, May 11.

Saturday’s game will be played on the natural grass surface of the west field at Valley Fields, which will provide a better fan and student-athlete experience and has the ability to properly accommodate the national ESPNU broadcast team. Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance of game day as numbers are extremely limited and it is expected to be a capacity crowd of under 2,000.

General admission tickets will be available for $5 and can be purchased online (http://go.mu.edu/ncaaLAXtix), over the phone (414-288-4668) or in person at the Al McGuire Center Ticket Office.

A limited number of student tickets will be made available to all Marquette students at the same time as the general sale and can to be claimed through each student’s My Fanatic Account (http://go.mu.edu/MyFanatic). All Marquette student tickets will be provided free of charge, courtesy of MU head coach Joe Amplo.

Fans attending Saturday’s game are encouraged to park on campus in either of the main parking structures and utilize free shuttles provided at the Union Sports Annex (N. 16th Sreet and W. Wells Street). Shuttles will begin running at noon through 30 minutes after the 1:30 p.m. faceoff and from the final horn to one hour after the conclusion of the game.

Group tickets of 15-or-more will need to be purchased over the phone at 414-288-4668 or in person at the Al.

CaribouJim
05-10-2016, 03:04 PM
At first I thought that UNC b-ball team was slated for a game in Milwaukee this upcoming season, but UNC is a blue blood in lacrosse too - very exciting news about the program.

Quick story - growing up in western NY, on my street there were just as many kids playing catch with lacrosse sticks as there were with baseball gloves and the public high school was a national powerhouse and a feeder to a lot of the mid-Atlantic lacrosse programs - about a mile or so as the crow flies from our house - and you could hear the crowd roar when they scored a goal. The sticks back then were a work of art - all wood and the netting was made of leather. You never messed with another guy's stick (that's not a euphemism Mayor Beluga). You could almost imagine the native Americans playing with something similar way back when.

As a little kid I thought it was primarily a Protestant sport as all my Protestant/Public school buddies played lacrosse and none of my Catholic grade school and high school classmates ever played it. I also thought only Protestants were mechanically inclined and were the only ones that went camping - all based upon my father's shortcomings in both areas, but I digress. The things you think as a kid.

My freshman year at MU in the fall of '76 a guy who lived a couple doors from me grew up about 45 minutes from me and we quickly become life long friends - stayed at his and his wife's place this weekend when I opened up our family cabin not too far from Syracuse (I've seen the SU lacrosse coach a few times at the Tops supermarket in the village over the years).

My buddy played lacrosse in high school (a public high school of course) and within the first few days of checking into McCormick we played catch in the area that is now between McCormick and the Alumni Union - me with my baseball glove and he with his lacrosse stick. We didn't expect what happened - he almost stopped traffic by the bus stop at the corner of 15th and Wisconsin - people pointing out their windows yelling or just staring - a lacrosse stick and the game itself was pretty exotic back then. The sport has come a long way since then.

Go MU!

MU/Panther
05-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Tickets for the NCAA Championship matchup vs. North Carolina on May 14 are currently sold out.

Stay tuned to gomarquette.com, Twitter & Facebook for any additional seating that may become available

MU/Panther
05-11-2016, 12:11 PM
Sold out in 20 minutes!

MU/Panther
05-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Ticket Update: Additional student tickets available at 10 AM, GA on sale at 2 PM TOMORROW.*go.mu.edu/16ncaaLAX**

MU/Panther
05-13-2016, 10:23 AM
http://www.wisn.com/sports/the-rise-of-the-golden-eagles-lacrosse-program/39526272?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=wisn12news

CaribouJim
05-14-2016, 04:16 PM
They played tough, but fell just short - nice run.

With losing 19 seniors will how many frosh are coming in or are they bringing transfers and JC guys in to help balance the classes?

Markedman
05-14-2016, 04:23 PM
Got to love schools that win with class....

https://twitter.com/goodsonsports/status/731584193642307584

MUfan12
05-14-2016, 04:33 PM
Got to love schools that win with class....

https://twitter.com/goodsonsports/status/731584193642307584

The students were giving him the business when MU attacked that end. No excuse, but it wasn't unprovoked.

Super entertaining game and a fun atmosphere at the Valley. Too bad they couldn't force OT.