PDA

View Full Version : OT: Dwyane Wade

mufan2003
05-02-2016, 05:09 PM
Read at JSOnline today that Wade is 22-7 all-time in playoff series. Impressive, and nice seeing him quiet the eccentric Charlotte fan in game 6.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/21669/dwyane-wades-3-point-daggers-deliver-last-word-to-lead-heat-home-for-game-7

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/15427453/ranking-lebron-james-kawhi-leonard-top-10-playoff-mvps-nba

CaribouJim
05-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Read at JSOnline today that Wade is 22-7 all-time in playoff series. Impressive, and nice seeing him quiet the eccentric Charlotte fan in game 6.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/21669/dwyane-wades-3-point-daggers-deliver-last-word-to-lead-heat-home-for-game-7

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/15427453/ranking-lebron-james-kawhi-leonard-top-10-playoff-mvps-nba

He was vintage DWade on Friday - typical 4th quarter stuff from his prime. Would have been nice if Bosh's health situation didn't resurface and they moved far enough along to face the Cavs - would have added some drama to LBJ's already drama filled life with all 3 of the "Big 3" playing.

I was surprised that the refs didn't do something with that goof - looked like he was on the court - thought it was going to get ugly.

Didn't know that was Peppers that he was exchanging high fives with. DWade was sitting out his frosh year when MU lost to UNC and Peppers @ Carolina in '01.

mufan2003
05-02-2016, 06:29 PM
edited.

mufan2003
05-02-2016, 06:31 PM
He was vintage DWade on Friday - typical 4th quarter stuff from his prime. Would have been nice if Bosh's health situation didn't resurface and they moved far enough along to face the Cavs - would have added some drama to LBJ's already drama filled life with all 3 of the "Big 3" playing.

I was surprised that the refs didn't do something with that goof - looked like he was on the court - thought it was going to get ugly.

Didn't know that was Peppers that he was exchanging high fives with. DWade was sitting out his frosh year when MU lost to UNC and Peppers @ Carolina in '01.

Good memory!

CaribouJim
05-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Good memory!

I was at the game! Thought the Dean Dome was a pit, but they have since done some renovations as I recall.

pbiflyer
05-02-2016, 10:05 PM

Purple Shirt Guy has had his court side season tickets revoked. He was a long time season ticket holder, but Wade ended that.

CaribouJim
05-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Purple Shirt Guy has had his court side season tickets revoked. He was a long time season ticket holder, but Wade ended that.

Great to hear that.

Djgoldnboy
05-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Great to see Charlotte choke and big Frank's season over.........not to mention second time in two years a team Justise Winslow was on ended Frank's!! Guess it was a good day to be a Marquette fan........

MUMac
05-03-2016, 11:34 AM

According to this article, he is not renewing his tickets. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article74879247.html

TheSultan
05-03-2016, 11:51 AM
According to this article, he is not renewing his tickets. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article74879247.html

But Deason – who has been a season-ticket holder for about seven years and drives down to every game from the Greensboro area – says there’s been bad blood between him and the Heat for awhile.

“Those guys, they don’t like me,” he said. “The coach (Erik Spoelstra) doesn’t like me, the players get in trouble if they talk to me, (Heat guard) Gerald Green he tries his best not to talk to me and every time he does they ream him a new one. So when the Heat come to town, I try to step it up a little bit more.”

Seriously dude?

The Reptile
05-03-2016, 12:00 PM
I was at the game! Thought the Dean Dome was a pit, but they have since done some renovations as I recall.

It's still nowhere as nice as the palace we will be playing in soon. In fact, the current home court is more palatial. UNC is still looking into replacing the Dean Dome which is older than the BC IIRC.

MUBasketball
05-03-2016, 12:03 PM

I was there for a game this season. You think the BC has terrible leg room? Dean Dome was the tightest I've ever seen. I had to sit sideways or bring my feet up on the seat.

MUBasketball
05-03-2016, 12:04 PM
But Deason – who has been a season-ticket holder for about seven years and drives down to every game from the Greensboro area – says there’s been bad blood between him and the Heat for awhile.

“Those guys, they don’t like me,” he said. “The coach (Erik Spoelstra) doesn’t like me, the players get in trouble if they talk to me, (Heat guard) Gerald Green he tries his best not to talk to me and every time he does they ream him a new one. So when the Heat come to town, I try to step it up a little bit more.”

Seriously dude?

Just a slightly inflated sense of importance here.

2012Warrior
05-03-2016, 03:05 PM
If the guy was Skip Bayless' relative, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked.

CaribouJim
05-03-2016, 10:03 PM
DWade closes the deal in OT tonight with a steal after Raptors Lowrey makes a half court shot to send into OT. Heat played pretty sloppy down the home stretch in OT almost blowing an 8 point lead in last minute.

mufan2003
05-04-2016, 01:57 PM
DWade closes the deal in OT tonight with a steal after Raptors Lowrey makes a half court shot to send into OT. Heat played pretty sloppy down the home stretch in OT almost blowing an 8 point lead in last minute.

"Wade has enjoyed a strong postseason for Miami, averaging 19.6 points on 47.1 percent shooting, 5.5 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 1.1 blocks per game." (ESPN)

More impressed with Miami each time I watch them play (and all without Bosh). More ball movement and team oriented play than when LeBron was there (not that Miami would not want LeBron). Better perimeter shooting with Deng, Johnson, Dragic and Richardson. Wade's midrange shooting has been very good as well.

MUwarrior1090
05-04-2016, 02:35 PM
"Wade has enjoyed a strong postseason for Miami, averaging 19.6 points on 47.1 percent shooting, 5.5 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 1.1 blocks per game." (ESPN)

More impressed with Miami each time I watch them play (and all without Bosh). More ball movement and team oriented play than when LeBron was there (not that Miami would not want LeBron). Better perimeter shooting with Deng, Johnson, Dragic and Richardson. Wade's midrange shooting has been very good as well.

Spoelstra has always been overlooked because of the Big 3 being there, but he is a very good coach.

mufan2003
05-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Spoelstra has always been overlooked because of the Big 3 being there, but he is a very good coach.

I agree. He also is a great story. Started as the video coordinator with the Heat and worked his way up the organization...advance scout to assistant coach to head coach.