PDA

View Full Version : OT - ESPN's Mike Tirico to NBC

CaribouJim
04-25-2016, 08:40 PM
http://www.si.com/more-sports/2016/04/25/mike-tirico-espn-nbc-olympics-monday-night-football

Didn't see that one coming...

MU/Panther
04-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Word also on the streets is Brad Nessler to CBS, which would be another blow to ESPN.

kneelb4zerg
04-25-2016, 09:14 PM
Chris Berman to SpikeTV?

warriorfan4life
04-26-2016, 12:02 AM
ESPN is getting real cautious about giving out big contracts, but shocked that they let Tirico leave. He's what Jim Nantz dreams of being as a broadcaster (actually good at calling multiple sports).

mufansince72
04-26-2016, 12:57 AM
ESPN is getting real cautious about giving out big contracts, but shocked that they let Tirico leave. He's what Jim Nantz dreams of being as a broadcaster (actually good at calling multiple sports).

I hate Jim Nantz

IrwinFletcher
04-26-2016, 06:36 AM
Hello Friend....

Markedman
04-26-2016, 01:59 PM
Finally some good news from ESPN .....http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/skip-bayless-leave-espn-887747

But bad news for Fox......http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/04/26/skip-bayless-espn-first-take-leaving-august-fox-sports

MU/Panther
04-26-2016, 02:25 PM
How could anyone hate Jim Nantz, for the love for god!

AbovetheRim
04-26-2016, 04:55 PM

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MUwarrior1090
04-26-2016, 05:21 PM

Jim Nantz is fine, but I don't find him any good for anything except college basketball (and he's solid at the Masters). And he definitely came across as weird/egotistical with the whole tie fiasco after the title game this year.

MU/Panther
04-26-2016, 06:30 PM
The tie thing has been done for years, I've heard.

CaribouJim
04-26-2016, 09:59 PM

It has been- he explained the whole history of it a couple weeks back on the Dan Patrick Show. Still kind of a weird thing IMO.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-27-2016, 06:56 AM

The weird thing is that if it's been done for years, how is this the first time anyone has ever heard of it? I mean...wouldn't we have seen someone with a tie in the past? Or was Archie the only one who didn't stuff it in his pocket with an awkward, mumbled "Thanks...I guess"?

KMWTRUCKS
04-27-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm all for reporters actually taking hard look at sports, players, coach's, teams ETC. But to just grab a dart and throw it at the board see who you hit and then attack when you have no real insight or knowledge, Info or have even educated yourself rally annoys me. In Chicago JAy Marriota did this and never went to games, spent anytime in locker rooms, never met or interviewed players and would never do any research but would just come out and write a article that was basically made up so he had a piece to put in his column once a week.

There are so many good tough articles that could be written but guys like this aren't doing it. Bayless next article will be about steroids back in baseball because someone accused Arrieta of doing it. He will come up with his scathing attacking article why he is on the toilet in the morning with his coffee, but will make it sound like he has some type of inside info ETC.

CaribouJim
04-27-2016, 09:02 AM
In Chicago Jay Marriota did this and never went to games, spent anytime in locker rooms, never met or interviewed players and would never do any research but would just come out and write a article that was basically made up so he had a piece to put in his column once a week.

Mayor Beluga can tell you how cheap Jay is as well.