PDA

View Full Version : What's your limit of patience with Jordan?

Jimmy Lemke
04-20-2016, 04:02 PM
There were people who were calling for Rob Jeter's firing on the Eunuch board as early as the 2006-07 season. That was year 2. This is a different situation; while the cupboard wasn't bare until the end of Jeter's first year, in LaVall Jordan's case Amanda Braun picked up the cupboard, tilted it face forward so gravity swung open the doors, and then proceeded to beat the back of the cupboard with a heavy mallet.

So what is the limit of your patience? How long can he go without making the NCAA Tournament before you get on the bandwagon to chase him out of town?

Just wondering.

Kyle Rawling
04-20-2016, 04:49 PM
Five years. Give him time to get his guys in and really make it his team.

TheDarkHawkReturns
04-20-2016, 08:07 PM
Top 3/Top 100....dance by year 2. SWEEP THE LEG!!!!! NO MERCY!!!!

jhart05
04-21-2016, 11:27 AM
I honestly don't care. I want Braun gone, then I will care again.

FrankTheTank
04-21-2016, 03:34 PM
Top 3/Top 100....dance by year 2. SWEEP THE LEG!!!!! NO MERCY!!!!

FrankTheTank
04-21-2016, 03:38 PM
My hope is by 2020...the standard has been set by AB. The better question may be when does she start clambering for him to be fired. Given her actions with RJ and her expectations for the program given her quoted reasons for RJ's firing, I can't see him struggling more than 2-3 years TOPS. Unless Mone is the puppet master behind the curtain allowing him to stay on longer than she or any of us would want to see if he does have a few rough years early on

Skrapheap
04-21-2016, 04:24 PM
I honestly don't care. I want Braun gone, then I will care again.

i'm with you on this. But since there's no immediate sign of Braun leaving, i'd say Coach Jordan should be judged by the same standards Coach Jeter was judged by. If Coach Jordan gets a pass where Coach Jeter got sabotage, that's only further proof that Braun ought to go.

Buppie05
04-21-2016, 04:36 PM
i'm with you on this. But since there's no immediate sign of Braun leaving, i'd say Coach Jordan should be judged by the same standards Coach Jeter was judged by. If Coach Jordan gets a pass where Coach Jeter got sabotage, that's only further proof that Braun ought to go.

Jeter was given a lot of lee way early on. His teams struggled to get consistency his first several years, yet he was rewarded with extensions. I imagine coach Jordan will be held to higher standards immediately.

JGPanthers
04-21-2016, 04:41 PM
Didn't Jeter coach for 11 years?

dylanrocks
04-21-2016, 10:12 PM
I think that this poll itself underscores what a tough spot L.J. is in.

Best of luck to him.

Skrapheap
04-22-2016, 12:04 AM
I think that this poll itself underscores what a tough spot L.J. is in.

Best of luck to him.

A difficult spot that is none of his doing. By all accounts he is a good guy, and it's a shame that he's in such a spot.

I hope he took the job with eyes open; i suspect that he did. If he succeeds, particularly if he succeeds fairly soon, that would be evidence that he's a pretty good coach, which might mean he gets to move on and up sooner.

TheDarkHawkReturns
04-22-2016, 08:34 AM
HE had to be aware of the situation here. I have no idea what was said to him about it by the administration, specifically Mone.

This is PURE SPECULATION: We do know that he was hired by Mone, not Braun, so it leaves one to wonder if he was told that he really reports to Mone and not Braun, and i he has any issues or concerns, that he should go straight to Mone with them. If I were in Val's position, that is about the only thing that would make me comfortable enough to sign on here, D1 job or not. He was an up an coming assistant, and this was not going to be his only shot at a D1 gig. There had to be something that was said or done that made this attractive enough to commit to it for him.

I do find it a bit odd that Val has stated again and again that doing things the right way, being honorable and conducting yourself above board is so important to him, when there is so much out in the public about how Braun was anything BUT that. It just seems like an odd fit to me.

DunneDeal
04-22-2016, 03:43 PM
The goals are set, and depending on AB being here. We should be consistent at the top of the Horizon within 3 years.

Montana87
04-22-2016, 04:47 PM
When they are 9th next season, what's A.B.'s goals and standards then?

dylanrocks
04-22-2016, 05:02 PM
The golden goals are hanging out there like a big matzah ball. They are at once great and terrible.

But they can't be taken back now. That would be duplicitous and deceitful.

You know who else has been put in a tough spot? The fans, with brother pitted against brother like in the Favre fiasco ... and I find it just as distasteful.

Jimmy Lemke
04-23-2016, 11:13 AM
The golden goals are hanging out there like a big matzah ball. They are at once great and terrible.

But they can't be taken back now. That would be duplicitous and deceitful.

You know who else has been put in a tough spot? The fans, with brother pitted against brother like in the Favre fiasco ... and I find it just as distasteful.

The fact that some 'brothers' know what's going on and are on the other side in this is pretty disheartening. Hate for Jeter courses through their veins, and there was no way they were going to see anything that might show him in a sympathetic light, even when the wide majority of people railing against Braun wanted Jeter gone as well.

BBF
04-23-2016, 11:36 AM
I'm a patient guy in general. But this question doesn't interest me. Let's be honest. The program has been set back years. It would take a Bo Ryan or Bruce Pearl level coach at least two and probably three years just to bring the program back to the level where Rob had it in the last two non-APR years. We had a legitimate chance to get back to the tourney this year, and we would have had a legitimate chance to get back to the tourney next year before the carnage happened. Now we have zero chance, probably for three years at least, and it astonishes me that so many people are okay with that.

I don't have LaVall on the clock. I have the University on the clock. We have an athletic administration that doesn't seem to care that they are pointing our program back to the WIAC. Does the university?

Skrapheap
04-23-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't have LaVall on the clock. I have the University on the clock. We have an athletic administration that doesn't seem to care that they are pointing our program back to the WIAC. Does the university?

I get what you're saying, but the Panthers went to the WIAC, they'd be moving to a mult-bid league :)