PDA

View Full Version : Hoyas Pick Up Pryor

Phantom Warrior
04-18-2016, 07:54 AM
Re: Jeff Borzello: "Robert Morris grad transfer Rodney Pryor has committed to Georgetown, source tells ESPN. Immediately eligible. The 6-foot-5 wing averaged 18.0 points and 8.0 rebounds last season."

Nice player. GTown just got a lot stronger. It will be interesting to see how JT-3 handles rotation next year, especially among Govan, Derrickson, Copeland, Peak, and now Pryor.

AlexJesswein
04-18-2016, 09:30 AM
Seems like he will be more of a power guard for them--sort of like Trawick was. Hopefully not as much of a thug tho

Markedman
04-18-2016, 01:34 PM
And Butler gets some help this year as well....

Memphis grad transfer Avery Woodson tells ESPN he just committed to Butler. Immediately eligible. 9.6 PPG. es.pn/1U2VuOp

AlexJesswein
04-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Rumors are strong that St. John's will land Michigan State transfer Marvin Clark and Arizona transfer Justin Simon. Both have to sit out tho

mufan2003
04-18-2016, 02:36 PM
Re: Jeff Borzello: "Robert Morris grad transfer Rodney Pryor has committed to Georgetown, source tells ESPN. Immediately eligible. The 6-foot-5 wing averaged 18.0 points and 8.0 rebounds last season."

Nice player. GTown just got a lot stronger. It will be interesting to see how JT-3 handles rotation next year, especially among Govan, Derrickson, Copeland, Peak, and now Pryor.

http://www.casualhoya.com/2016/4/18/11450158/georgetown-hoyas-basketball-preview-rodney-pryor-jonathan-mulmore

Goose85
04-18-2016, 02:54 PM
I just can't figure that team out. It seems like they have a pretty solid roster, but I thought that last year too.

Nova, Xavier, Seton Hall should be NCAA locks.
MU, Butler, G'Town, Creighton have potential. I think Providence all depends on Bentil.
DePaul and St. John's will be better, but I think the Johnnies need another year before they are in the NCAA tourney mix.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-18-2016, 03:08 PM
Does Georgetown have a point guard yet? Can't see any way they make a significant step forward without one. The only returning player that had a lower turnover percentage than assist percentage is Paul White, and he still had a 26.9% turnover rate.

Phantom Warrior
04-18-2016, 05:20 PM
Campbell is a point guard, not a great one, but should be decent enough given the rest of the roster.

However, the Hoyas also landed a juco point guard who was the number one juco scorer in the country at 26 ppg and has two two years remaining. Don't know much else about him, but 26 ppg is 26 ppg.