PDA

View Full Version : MU Lax ...#realdeal

Smitty
04-14-2016, 10:35 AM
Lost to #2 ND in OT @ South Bend (http://laxpower.com/laxnews/news.php?story=48293)

The Reptile
04-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Lost to #2 ND in OT @ South Bend (http://laxpower.com/laxnews/news.php?story=48293)

Actually, there's more to the story than that. We have been playing without Connor Gately for the last 3 games. Even without him we've been on quite a ride and remain undefeated in conference with remaining games against Providence and defending National Champs Denver. We also have a game at Duke next Friday - I'd go but my son has a LAX game that night.

MUAlphaBangura
04-14-2016, 04:10 PM
19 seniors on this year's squad. Talk about a rebuild next year.

CaribouJim
04-14-2016, 05:03 PM
19 seniors on this year's squad. Talk about a rebuild next year.

Yikes - how many are on a Lacrosse roster?

ge1974
04-14-2016, 05:08 PM
MU also lost one of their best scorers and captain to injury early in the season in Kyle Whitlow.

MU/Panther
04-14-2016, 06:27 PM
Yikes - how many are on a Lacrosse roster?52 is on the roster

Nukem2
04-15-2016, 09:31 AM
52 is on the roster
How many scholies are available for LAX and how are they split up. Seems more like a glorified club sport in some respects?

MU Viking
04-15-2016, 09:51 AM
When LAX started about 4-5years ago, Coach had to fill the roster will a lot of transfers and young players all at once. The transfers were able to use the first year where MU didn't compete as their redshirt year so they could be eligible in MU's first year. I believe the freshmen may have done this same thing and essentially used a redshirt year. A lot of those guys are now graduating.

MU Viking
04-15-2016, 09:58 AM
How many scholies are available for LAX and how are they split up. Seems more like a glorified club sport in some respects?

Not at all like a club sport, in my opinion.

12.6 full scholarships for men's lacrosse, I believe. That can be split among students and combined with academic money.

9.9 in men's soccer, I believe, FWIW.

Nukem2
04-15-2016, 10:35 AM

12.6 full scholarships for men's lacrosse, I believe. That can be split among students and combined with academic money.

9.9 in men's soccer, I believe, FWIW.More like Div 3 and NAIA in that respect.

MU Viking
04-15-2016, 10:37 AM
No, more like men's sports that don't have full scholarships, which is most aside from basketball and football.

CaribouJim
04-15-2016, 11:07 AM

9.9 in men's soccer, I believe, FWIW.

All 52 don't go on road trips I assume. Do they have the equivalent of a Taxi Squad where only 25 or so dress? Did not think they had remotely close to 52 on the roster.

Smitty
04-15-2016, 11:47 AM
All 52 don't go on road trips I assume. Do they have the equivalent of a Taxi Squad where only 25 or so dress? Did not think they had remotely close to 52 on the roster.

I would guess ~30 on the road. I was at the STJ game last week and it looked about like that amount.

Nukem2
04-15-2016, 11:48 AM
No, more like men's sports that don't have full scholarships, which is most aside from basketball and football.Understand that. Just saying.

CaribouJim
04-15-2016, 12:02 PM
I would guess ~30 on the road. I was at the STJ game last week and it looked about like that amount.

I'm impressed - all the way in from Westport? Where does St. John's play - on campus?

Smitty
04-15-2016, 01:33 PM
I'm impressed - all the way in from Westport? Where does St. John's play - on campus?

You give me too much credit! 1 hr away.

Real nice field on campus. Good amount of MU fans there. Mostly parents, I'm sure but Amplo is from nearby (Hofstra alum?) so maybe they were his supporters also.

CaribouJim
04-15-2016, 02:40 PM
You give me too much credit! 1 hr away.

Real nice field on campus. Good amount of MU fans there. Mostly parents, I'm sure but Amplo is from nearby (Hofstra alum?) so maybe they were his supporters also.

Cool. I'll have to start following this website for all things college Lacrosse - check out the very first score listed:

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/scoreboard/DI

MUMac
04-16-2016, 12:21 PM
No, more like men's sports that don't have full scholarships, which is most aside from basketball and football.

Exactly. Most sports have to split scholarships and supplement with academic scholarships, when possible. Like D-3? That is truly an ignorant comment.

Nukem2
04-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Exactly. Most sports have to split scholarships and supplement with academic scholarships, when possible. Like D-3? That is truly an ignorant comment. :confused:That's all I was trying to allude to as I was not trying to write an essay on the subject. Other than Div I FB and BB, getting scholie/R&B assistance in all other "minor"/Olympic sports at any level whether Div I, II, III or NAIA is almost an art so to speak since there are so few full rides or academic scholies or other forms of assistance (all of which are allocated every which way in practice).

MUMac
04-16-2016, 02:50 PM
:confused:That's all I was trying to allude to as I was not trying to write an essay on the subject. Other than Div I FB and BB, getting scholie/R&B assistance in all other "minor"/Olympic sports at any level whether Div I, II, III or NAIA is almost an art so to speak since there are so few full rides or academic scholies or other forms of assistance (all of which are allocated every which way in practice).

That is not how I read your post. It reads more like you are calling Lax a D-3 sport, due to the how schollies are earned. If I misread that, I apologize.

ge1974
04-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Marquette beats Providence today at home 8-7. Congrats seniors!

Nukem2
04-16-2016, 03:20 PM
That is not how I read your post. It reads more like you are calling Lax a D-3 sport, due to the how schollies are earned. If I misread that, I apologize.

Thanks. Guess I was in a hurry when I posted that.

The Reptile
04-17-2016, 06:41 AM
Marquette beats Providence today at home 8-7. Congrats seniors!

If we win out against Duke and Denver this team has a legit shot at the NCAA's even with a loss in the Big East tournament. That would be the best send off for this senior class that built this program.