PDA

View Full Version : Big East - SEC Matchups To Be Announced Today

ge1974
06-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Per Mike Broeker's tweet this morning the Big East vs. SEC matchups will be announced today with MU having a road game.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Marquette at Florida! Rematch time.

http://www.coachcal.com/14646/2012/06/uk-play-notre-dame-big-eastsec-challenge/

Nukem2
06-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Really tough game. Much harder than the rumored Mizzou matchup.

Nukem2
06-01-2012, 10:29 AM
When will MU get a home game in the Challenge? Went to TN, now FL.....

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Can't believe Mizzou was completely left out. Florida is a tough match-up, but losing Walker and Beal is probably pretty close to us losing DJO and Crowder. They don't have anyone with the instant impact that Beal did in their 2012 class, and I definitely look forward to us being able to better defend them with Otule able to guard Patric Young. It's too bad having to play there on the road, it will be a brutal environment, but I'm glad to get such a marquee game. Looking at all the pairings, ours might be the highest profile one out there.

EDIT: And I'd guess we'll have a home game next year. We would have had one if we had been included last year, but I think playing both LSU and Vandy they didn't really need us to be part of the Challenge. Not sure if that's why. But either way, with no SEC teams set for a home-and-home next year as of yet (and none likely starting this year) I think we'll be a good bet to host a team like Mizzou or Arkansas in 2013.

bleedbluegold03
06-01-2012, 11:34 AM
When will MU get a home game in the Challenge? Went to TN, now FL.....

My first thought as well. When can we get a tad of respect. I'm just glad Providence and South Florida got home games :confused:

Nukem2
06-01-2012, 11:38 AM
My first thought as well. When can we get a tad of respect. I'm just glad Providence and South Florida got home games :confused:Upon review, last year was the first year of the full Challenge as when MU played TN there was not a fuller schedule of challenge games and the game was on a "neutral" court in Nashville. Saw a couple links stating that MU and other are appearing in their first BE/SEC Challenge this year. All in semantics, I guess...:confused:

pbiflyer
06-01-2012, 12:26 PM
What a weird coincidence. I have a meeting in Gainesville on the 29th of November. Well, at least, I will have.........;)