PDA

View Full Version : Hammond and Kidd rumor

mufan2003
04-12-2016, 02:17 PM
Warning, it is from Gery Woelful.

According to Gery Woelfel of The Journal Times, there may be a major shake up within the Milwaukee Bucks organization.

Per Woelfel; 1) GM John Hammond could move on to the New Orleans Pelicans; 2) head coach Jason Kidd may be replaced as some of the ownership group have issues with him; and 3) center Greg Monroe will likely be shopped.

Both Hammond and Kidd have contracts that run though the 2016-17 season, while Monroe can join the free agent market in 2017, if he declines his 2017-18 player option worth $17.8 million.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/37510/nba-rumor-central-hammond-kidd-could-be-out

IWB
04-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Crazy thing is, the ownership group got rid of the former coach just so they could bring in Kidd. Now they don't like him already?

Goose85
04-12-2016, 03:03 PM
I actually think Hammond did a decent job, and would not mind him staying.

It will be interesting to see what they do prior to the draft. If they are shopping Monroe, it may be good to get that done in conjunction with the draft.

Look forward to the offseason action.

mufan2003
04-12-2016, 03:10 PM
I like Hammond as well. Supposedly Lasry is the one who is tight with Kidd and was the main reason Kidd was brought in. Speculating here, but maybe Edens and Dinan are disappointed. Was Kidd behind trading Knight for MCW instead of a draft pick? Did Kidd push for trading a future 1st round draft pick (Clippers) for Greivis Vasquez? Kidd supposedly has wanted final say in personnel decisions. If he was behind the previous moves that have not worked out, and he is not happy just as coach, I could see how it could be a mutual agreement for him to move on.

Goose85
04-12-2016, 03:15 PM
I like Hammond as well. Supposedly Lasry is the one who is tight with Kidd and was the main reason Kidd was brought in. Speculating here, but maybe Edens and Dinan are disappointed. Was Kidd behind trading Knight for MCW instead of a draft pick? Did Kidd push for trading a future 1st round draft pick (Clippers) for Greivis Vasquez? Kidd supposedly has wanted final say in personnel decisions. If he was behind the previous moves that have not worked out, and he is not happy just as coach, I could see how it could be a mutual agreement for him to move on.

Sure did not meet expectations this year, and if those were Kidd's decisions (they were I believe) then I could see a change.
Key is, these owners are investing a lot of money and are used to getting results on their investments. They want this team to be a playoff team before the new stadium.

By the way, "Warning, it is from Gary Woelful" is a classic line.

mufan2003
04-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Joe Dumars in New Orleans. Hammond was assistant GM to Dumars when the Pistons won it all in 2004, returned to the Finals in 2005 and made the Eastern Finals in 2006. I am sure Hammond would stay in Milwaukee if he was allowed to be GM with final say on all personnel matters. Seems to indicate Kidd has been the one making the decisions.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/1/11/10750012/joe-dumars-new-orleans-pelicans-rumor

mufan2003
04-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Sure did not meet expectations this year, and if those were Kidd's decisions (they were I believe) then I could see a change.
Key is, these owners are investing a lot of money and are used to getting results on their investments. They want this team to be a playoff team before the new stadium.

By the way, "Warning, it is from Gary Woelful" is a classic line.

Too bad Kidd could not be content as head coach. I actually think Hammond making personnel decisions with Kidd primarily coaching could work. Just does not sound like Kidd is happy with just coaching. Maybe it will still work out. Giannis, Parker and Middleton are nice young pieces to work with as a coach...and a Top 10 Pick.

Kidd Karma
04-12-2016, 05:00 PM
I can see it. Kidd hired, he's coaching the team, the team is a surprise early, he earns some cred with the 2 other owners, Lasry convinces them to give Kidd some leeway with personnel....Kidd speculates that they should trade Knight and sign Middleton long term....move is made after the all star break, wheels fall off, first round exit. Summer time, sounded like Hammond wanted Portis and Kidd wanted Vaughn at the draft. The vets start to move, Ilyasova, Pachulia, Dudley, key guys in the early season run, who provided veteran leadership, did the dirty work off the stat sheet, in place, we pick up Vasquez, Monroe. Kidd guys? Offensively I can see it, guys with multiple tools, he loves versatility to disguise sets and plays. Monroe is an effective low block scorer as well as a face up 15 foot shooter/passer from the elbow, versatility Kidd loves.

We know this is not going to work....Kidd seems to want more personnel say, Hammond was not hired by this ownership group. 1 of the 2 owners not named Lasry thinks Kidd is arrogant and should have put off hip surgery. Hammond has a proven track record as a personnel guy, if I can at any cost keep him, I would keep him and let Kidd walk. Kidd took a solid group of hardhat guys in Zaza, Ilyasova, Dudley, thoroughbreds in Knight and Middleton to a fast start last season. He's moved on from 4 of the 5 pieces and the team has fallen face down. I would convince Hammond to stay with new contract, fire Kidd and go after Luke Walton.

MU/Panther
04-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Crazy thing is, the ownership group got rid of the former coach just so they could bring in Kidd. Now they don't like him already? Isn't that the life of a NBA coach?

Kidd Karma
04-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Good summary, that details everything after the fast start a year ago

http://sircharlesincharge.com/2016/04/10/jason-kidd-may-ruining-milwaukee-bucks/

mufansince72
04-12-2016, 07:54 PM
I am not impressed with Kidd as a coach or talent evaluator. He jacks his lineups around more than any coach in the league not named Pop.

Kidd Karma
04-13-2016, 11:49 AM
I am not impressed with Kidd as a coach or talent evaluator. He jacks his lineups around more than any coach in the league not named Pop.

Very true, for young guys, that's hard, roles are not defined, just a lot of instability on the court. Pop has earned that cred, Kidd has not. Players playing for Pop, know their roles and go out there and play it, they do their job. For Kidd, when lineups are changed, it's more of a WTF. I think Kidd is trying to hard to throw off opposing scouting reports. A lot of what he does is trying to do the unpredictable, there is not go to guy, there is no one set inbound play, etc. He wants the element of surprise in his back pocket.
It was funny early in the season, one of the fantasy sites were constantly pissed at Kidd for the way he would not announce lineup changes.