PDA

View Full Version : MU not playing UWM this year

GOMU1104
05-31-2012, 07:02 PM
According to PantherU.com

Couldn't match up dates because of the Carrier Classic.

I sure hope there is a journalist out there that will make this a bigger deal than it really is. Too bad there are none of those in Milwaukee, Madison or Racine.

Hamostradamus
05-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Interested to hear what Jimmy Lemke is hearing.

milkbone
05-31-2012, 08:01 PM
Mike Broeker ‏@mikebroeker
@PantherU slot taken for Carrier Classic. Personally spoke to UWM staff. Committed to discussing future opportunities. #mubb

Gato78
06-01-2012, 08:01 AM
I understand the UWM Admins were very gracious when they heard about the Ohio State game.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-01-2012, 10:10 AM
That must mean all the games are set.

tOSU - Carrier Classic
Wisconsin - Home
LSU - Home
Maui Mainland - Home
Green Bay - Away
BE/SEC - Away
Maui Game 1 - Neutral
Maui Game 2 - Neutral
Maui Game 3 - Neutral

That must mean the Maui Mainland game, whoever it is, and probably 4 buy games, because I'm pretty sure if we had a new series lined up it'd have been leaked at some point. I feel confident saying there will be no more than 3 projected sub-200 teams among those buy games.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-01-2012, 01:52 PM
That's a pretty damn good schedule... Will be hard for anyone to call that a weak non-conf slate... Wish more were at home, but unfortunately that's how things go.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-01-2012, 02:20 PM
There will be 4 more buy games at home. Still only a 16 game schedule, but my guess is that we'll end up going to 16 most years in the future. 9 in the Big East, 7 in non-conference, with 1-2 high majors, 1-2 in-state teams (UWM/UWGB), 1 Non-con Tournament home game, and 2-4 straight buy games.

My real hope is that for the buy games, they focus on getting some quality mid-majors. Look for mid-level teams from solid leagues (Horizon, MVC, CAA) or conference front-runners from small leagues. They may not all end up being postseason teams come March, but even if 1-3 teams are playing in the NITs or at least competing for their autobid, it's a benefit for Marquette on the seed lines.