PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft

mufan2003
04-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Draft Express as of April 8:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

MU/Panther
04-09-2016, 05:32 PM
That can't be. Ben Simmons going number 2. The World Wide Leader was telling us he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I also noticed Henry Ellenson a Milwaukee Buck.

mufansince72
04-10-2016, 02:05 AM
Henry would be a terrible pick for the Bucks. If he was at the Bucks pick I would look at trading it.

mufan2003
04-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Not sure that Henry makes the most sense for the Bucks either. I guess they could eventually have a lineup of Giannis, Middleton, Parker and Henry at the 1-4 positions, just seems like they need another strong perimeter player and a defensive center.

Goose85
04-11-2016, 04:51 PM
I could see the Bucks going with a center if they like one at their position (the kid from Utah).

I agree, strong guard with shooting and ball skills - in a playoff series can Giannis really play the point full time? I also wonder if they will keep Monroe if a team is interested and has picks or a player available.

With Parker I don't see them taking Henry from a need standpoint.

mufansince72
04-12-2016, 12:51 PM
I could see the Bucks going with a center if they like one at their position (the kid from Utah).

I agree, strong guard with shooting and ball skills - in a playoff series can Giannis really play the point full time? I also wonder if they will keep Monroe if a team is interested and has picks or a player available.

With Parker I don't see them taking Henry from a need standpoint.

I'm sure they will look to move Monroe, but it won't be that easy because you have to get a player or players back in the same salary neighborhood.

Goose85
04-12-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm sure they will look to move Monroe, but it won't be that easy because you have to get a player or players back in the same salary neighborhood.

Easier to do near the draft than once rosters are set and you get closer to the season (resigning players, free agents, etc.).
When the season ends, guys like Mayo, Bayless, Vasquez become free agents so there will be space to take on salary as needed.

mufansince72
04-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Easier to do near the draft than once rosters are set and you get closer to the season (resigning players, free agents, etc.).
When the season ends, guys like Mayo, Bayless, Vasquez become free agents so there will be space to take on salary as needed.

I'm not worried about the Bucks having space, I'm worried about potential trading partners having 16 million dollars worth of players to trade for Monroe that are not complete garbage.

Kidd Karma
04-13-2016, 11:53 AM

That would not be true, if the team Monroe is going to can absorb the entire salary. And with the salary cap expected to take a big jump 10-15 million finding a team would not be that hard.

mufan2003
04-13-2016, 02:19 PM
That would not be true, if the team Monroe is going to can absorb the entire salary. And with the salary cap expected to take a big jump 10-15 million finding a team would not be that hard.

Good point. Any team getting Monoe would not be tied down by a long term contract either. 1 to 2 years max.

Kidd Karma
04-13-2016, 03:10 PM
Good point. Any team getting Monoe would not be tied down by a long term contract either. 1 to 2 years max.

In addition teams that were rumored at the trade deadline that did not make the move.....will probably revisit things....New Orleans.....maybe Minnesota with Rubio in some type of 3 way, who knows, lots of possibilities, just need 1 team to love Monroe. I say Rubio, seems there's some tension stemming from our talks about him, Newton named their core of KAT, Wiggins and LaVine, in addition, Rubio asked Newton about trade deadline rumors, Newton said it's all false, Rubio called bull, Newton backed up and said we asked about Rubio.

So with the camp bump, there will be many teams with space that went to the ball with free agents, only to be left holding their cash....next best things....a guy like Monroe...maybe a team wants to get ahead of everyone and starts pushing for Monroe around the draft.

Goose85
04-13-2016, 03:33 PM
We gave up a first for Vasquez, is he someone that is in the picture for next season, or does he just walk?

Hopefully our team will improve and we won't be a lottery pick next season, so with that in mind hopefully we take advantage and get someone who can eventually play for us this draft.
Of course knowing if Monroe will be back would help.

Kidd Karma
04-13-2016, 04:18 PM
We gave up a first for Vasquez, is he someone that is in the picture for next season, or does he just walk?

Hopefully our team will improve and we won't be a lottery pick next season, so with that in mind hopefully we take advantage and get someone who can eventually play for us this draft.
Of course knowing if Monroe will be back would help.

Depends on his open market offers, I would think his role as a shooter is a good selling point, his ability to defend....or matchup with 1-3 is a good help. Does he sign a 1 year 6-8 million dollar deal to prove his worth? Now if he was solely a Kidd pick....then maybe not. He can fit as a 1, 2 or 3 in a Giannis driven offense.