PDA

View Full Version : Enlund in today's JS

Gato78
05-31-2012, 08:51 AM
From today's Enlund Article on Chew:

"Williams' staff is undergoing a transformation. Last month former associate head coach Tony Benford left to become head coach at North Texas, and assistant Aki Collins reportedly is under consideration for an assistant coaching position at Memphis."

Does this mean Aki is gone and Enlund doesn't know it or does this mean Aki has reconsidered?

Nukem2
05-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Actually, Memphis has yet to make an official announcement and Enlund is simply being "careful" in his reporting? Or, perhaps Aki is still negotiating his contact yet?

IWB
05-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Or, if Aki is not officially named at Memphis, they can have an extra recruiter out on the road next month?

I am sure he will be named soon. Now that Autry has been promoted and Chew brought on board, there is no room for Aki anyways. If Aki hadn't left, they would not have been able to get Chew.

WarriorNich
05-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Actually, I'd guess Autry doesn't get promoted without Aki leaving.

warriorfan4life
05-31-2012, 10:47 AM
I think Aki wanted to be the top assistant, but Buzz preferred Chew for that role. Regardless, Autry deserved a promotion and is well regarded by the local recruiting gurus like Mark Miller and the Bullesye Bros.