PDA

View Full Version : Sam Hauser / 3 point contest

Nukem2
04-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Just watched the National HS 3 point shooting contest held in Houston over the Final 4 weekend. Sam Hauser finished tied for second with 33 made shots after 2 rounds of 60 seconds per round. Did not go to the final round due to some obscure elimination rules for tie-breakers. They did show his second round in which he made 19 shots from various locations. I believe that was was the highest total for either of the first two rounds. The winner in the finals was Kyle Guy who is going to Virginia and he made 24 shots in that final round. Sam has a very nice looking shot. The other competitors were all guards. Kudos to Sam.

CaribouJim
04-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Crap - totally forgot to watch. CBS SN fortunately will show it again @ 4:30 PM CST.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Wish I would have known this was going on, I'd have gone and watched... So much going on in Houston right now... This is my first time living in a final four host city and its nuts... Will be going to the NC game tomorrow for the experience.

MUMac
04-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Wish I would have known this was going on, I'd have gone and watched... So much going on in Houston right now... This is my first time living in a final four host city and its nuts... Will be going to the NC game tomorrow for the experience.

Please call it the title game or championship so that I don't have to spit up first thinking you meant UNC.

MUMac
04-03-2016, 04:35 PM

Please call it the title game or championship so that I don't have to spit up first thinking you meant UNC.

;)

IWB
04-03-2016, 06:34 PM
I thought the same thing Mac!

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-03-2016, 07:53 PM
Definitely mean National Championship game... And will 100% be pulling for Villanova... I hate UNC

CaribouJim
04-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Crap - totally forgot to watch. CBS SN fortunately will show it again @ 4:30 PM CST.

First time I've seen Sam other than my computer - he has a really nice stroke, but he sure does have Travis Diener and Isiah Thomas syndrome - other than his height he looks like he could be in 8th grade. Hope he can become a zone killer in relatively short order - MU will need all hands on deck.