PDA

View Full Version : Ranking of Title Teams

MUWhistler
04-01-2016, 08:31 AM
ESPN has ranked all 77 NCAA title teams from top to bottom. 1977 MU team comes in at #58. I can't tell by the comments if they are ranking the whole season or just the performance in the tourney, as the comments seem to flip flop from school to school. Certainly don't like Pitino in 2013 being 17 spots ahead of us.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15104532/john-wooden-1972-ucla-bruins-top-list-ncaa-champions

CaribouJim
04-01-2016, 09:25 AM
I can see that ranking for the most part. I think their 7 losses that season were the most ever up to that time for a champion. Nice to see the MU mention for David Thompson's team.

I also think that the the '75-'76 team was the best MU team of all-time and that Chones team was pretty studly too until he left.

MUMac
04-02-2016, 07:34 AM
I can see that ranking for the most part. I think their 7 losses that season were the most ever up to that time for a champion. Nice to see the MU mention for David Thompson's team.

I also think that the the '75-'76 team was the best MU team of all-time and that Chones team was pretty studly too until he left.

I think the best team in MU history was the one in '70-'71. The Dream was a Sr. Chones first year playing. Got screwed in the tourney for their only loss of the year (and only time the Dream ever fouled out of a game). Should have won the whole damn thing. The '75-'76 team was a close 2nd.

Nukem2
04-02-2016, 07:58 AM
I think the best team in MU history was the one in '70-'71. The Dream was a Sr. Chones first year playing. Got screwed in the tourney for their only loss of the year (and only time the Dream ever fouled out of a game). Should have won the whole damn thing. The '75-'76 team was a close 2nd.

Agree with your take.

MUBasketball
04-02-2016, 04:43 PM
These damn rankings, just trying to cause arguments and discussion. Who the hell knows?? Comparing different eras? Impossible.