PDA

View Full Version : Freak board is Lord of the Flies

Jimmy Lemke
03-23-2016, 02:49 PM
I'll remain active over there because I'm never going to quit the argument, but it's time this board brings back sane discussion.

MayorCK
03-23-2016, 03:28 PM
It's become a damn company picnic over there if you ask me...

Jimmy Lemke
03-23-2016, 05:45 PM
Pretty ridiculous. I've finally found out exactly who gomkepanthers is, by the way.

MayorCK
03-23-2016, 05:56 PM
Someone we all know, I assume?

Jimmy Lemke
03-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Yeah, most definitely. Although I see he's trying to throw people off the scent.

MU/Panther
03-24-2016, 08:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuKTheCcsE

TheDarkHawkReturns
03-24-2016, 08:49 AM
The board is now down for maintenance. Having not been around for a long time, is this normal, or unusual? Also, just who is gomkepanthers?

jhart05
03-24-2016, 11:34 AM
No, that is not normal.

I have a guess as to who gomkepanthers is, but not sure if I should post it here.

JGPanthers
03-24-2016, 12:12 PM
Why not?

jhart05
03-24-2016, 12:32 PM
Not my place to call people out.

If Jimmy wants to tell us, he can.

Mine is only a guess anyway.

Jimmy Lemke
03-24-2016, 12:39 PM
The person I think it is was a baseball player who used to intern for Amanda. I don't think it is PantherLou, who a few people have guessed privately to me - as much as Lou is supportive of Amanda, I don't see him hiding behind a screen name to make the argument.

Edit: I think I posted this later in the thread, but I know that the baseball player isn't "gomkepanthers."

TheDarkHawkReturns
03-24-2016, 12:41 PM
If the admins have really locked out the board, that is just ridiculous. The point of that board is to discuss the program, and sometimes disagree with the decisions and direction. I hope that they are really fixing something and this is just a coincidence. I really would hate to find out that the AD told the admins to shut it down. That is just....well....petty.

jhart05
03-24-2016, 12:43 PM
It was a good guess thou.

Not many people have the ability to "take the ball and run away" like that.

Jimmy Lemke
03-24-2016, 12:55 PM
Well I don't actually know who the admin is. Years ago, I knew it was Lou, and he had told me that he passed it along to Hack. When I later asked Hack an admin question, he claimed he wasn't the admin and didn't know who is.

So either Lou or Hack lied to me about who is the admin - anyone who was around long ago knows that Lou was the admin, because it was common knowledge on the board.

jhart05
03-24-2016, 02:08 PM
Well, I'm done for the summer anyway.

I have to move away from this civil war for my own sanity.

I've had enough of the bitching about everything from Amanda, to Jeter, to certain players not performing how some think they should have, to whining about the funding and budget cuts.

I can't take it anymore and I have to put it aside for awhile.

Jimmy Lemke
03-24-2016, 02:10 PM
No worries buddy. I know I'm not taking a break from the fight!

BBF
03-24-2016, 03:18 PM
No worries buddy. I know I'm not taking a break from the fight!

Fight the good fight, Jimmy, I'm with Jeff. This is what she has wrought. Fan against fan. Even worse, fans against the fans who have been loyal and generous of the program through thick and thin.

(By the way -- just out of curiosity I checked some other proboards randomly. No problemo. I think we all know what's going on. If you can't control the debate, lock the room.)

When some obvious changes are made in administration I may come back to the program. I have realized that my customary annual donation would more than pay for very nice vacations to the next couple Big Ten tournaments in DC and NYC, and that's how that money is going to be spent.

I hope our players and their families find great situations for themselves.

Out.

TheDarkHawkReturns
03-24-2016, 03:42 PM
As some of you ride off into the sunset, let me play you a tune.

http://youtu.be/UZxD6JKXGV0

https://youtu.be/UZxD6JKXGV0

Mark Miller
03-24-2016, 04:22 PM
Why on Earth would Braun prevent Austin Arians or any of the others from going to Marquette?

Milwaukee and Marquette do not even play each other.

Seems somewhat spiteful to me.

TheDarkHawkReturns
03-24-2016, 04:24 PM
Seems somewhat spiteful to me.

There was a reason for the video.... :)

pantherfan85
03-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Guessing ADMIN enabled maintenance mode

https://www.proboards.com/admin-guide/security/maintenace-mode

jhart05
03-24-2016, 10:39 PM
If the admins have really locked out the board, that is just ridiculous. The point of that board is to discuss the program, and sometimes disagree with the decisions and direction. I hope that they are really fixing something and this is just a coincidence. I really would hate to find out that the AD told the admins to shut it down. That is just....well....petty.

Nope, don't think they are fixing something. Might be "fixing" a few posts thou. Wouldn't surprise me if the school contacted the Admin and asked to have it closed down for awhile. I mean colleges today have become the speech and thought police after all.

Skrapheap
03-25-2016, 08:33 AM
If they have shut down the board, I can't imagine what would have pushed them to it.

Did I miss some Startling Revelation About Amanda Braun That Must Be Supressed At All Costs? Seemed to be business as usual, although the disagreements were sharper than normal.

TheDarkHawkReturns
03-25-2016, 09:05 AM
Criticism seems to be something that the AD has a hard time dealing with. I would also imagine that the AD feared that is was going to impair her ability to attract a candidate. What's funny about that is that the stuff that is most damaging to Braun is in the mainstream media (JS, WTMJ, etc.), and they cannot be shut up so easily. The best they have been able to do is issue "No comment" responses.

It seems like Braun is adopting a bunker mentality and closing ranks very tightly. What that says to me is that her decision has a whole lot less support than she and her supporters would like you to believe...and perhaps significantly less.

jhart05
03-25-2016, 12:02 PM
And it's still down for "maintenance".

Must be taking quite a long time to alter all the negative AD posts.

Jimmy Lemke
03-25-2016, 01:25 PM
This is the most incredible overreaction I've ever seen; it's also going to have the worst intended effects:

1) The Admin who runs the board has branded him/herself a disciple of Amanda Braun, or a disciple of the Bud Haidet-Jeter crowd (far less likely). I think it's obviously not the latter.

2) The board was shut down to end the discussion. Braun's supporters were obviously fighting a losing battle, because there were plenty of people who wanted Jeter gone who were arguing that Amanda should go too, not just the Jeter supporters (me, Fran...maybe another couple).

3) All this does is help this board and hurt that one. They've gotta know that. We've been very democratic in letting people of opposing viewpoints get on here.

4) Make it look like Braun's crowd has something to hide.

PantherLou claims that he's not the admin, and that he's told me that he wasn't - I must have misremembered, I thought he had told me he was the Admin and gave those duties to Hack. No matter, because even if he's not the Admin, PantherLou knows who is - because he claimed on Twitter that he was told it is actually maintenance, and the board should be back up in the next day or so.

Spirit of Bruce
03-25-2016, 02:03 PM
Apparently, they don't know who they are dealing with, and that we have an alternative board. So when is ghostofdylan going to show up?

DunneDeal
03-25-2016, 02:05 PM
I just dont get why there wasn't a message saying as much. I'd like to overhaul some things make some changes, like 2 days down at this time, like the board doesnt see a ton of traffic and now the board goes down when there is.

Not that Im posting a ton of stuff, but it would be nice to see the story unfold.

Spirit of Bruce
03-25-2016, 02:12 PM
It just goes to show the true lunacy of some of the people working in that department. If they would actually hire people competent in college athletics, we wouldn't have these problems.

jhart05
03-25-2016, 02:37 PM
I have to post this again because it's just such a great South Park episode.
This entire past season was great. One of the best ever if you haven't watched that show in awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U

TheDarkHawkReturns
03-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Here is the reaction to the new "Discussion" policy on the Eunich Board (hat tip to BBF). My response is (so far) in the thread....until it is deleted and I am warned and then banned for non-compliance with the thought police.

http://uwmfreak.proboards.com/post/128685/thread

TheDarkHawkReturns
03-26-2016, 11:49 AM
For posterity so when my response to the Eunuch Board's new terms and conditions is eventually deleted and I am banned.

"So, we have a "discussion board" where "discussion" is only allowed if the shadow admin (a person who is nameless and faceless) deems the discussion to be a) worthy and b) not critical of the program or of the administration?

From the admin post on why the site was down, there is this gem: "Posts here are a reflection on the university and athletic programs we all love so much. Yes, you are a reflection on the university."

Ummm...no they are not, and no we are not. Comments here are a reflection of the opinion of private individuals, and in no way reflect anything other than that person's opinion. To state otherwise misses the point of a PRIVATELY run FAN forum. That statement by the admin is frankly absurd.Are we similarly going to discover that we are not allowed to boo at games as well, because it hurts the feelings of some in the administration?

Some other gems from admin:"You’ll see some threads have been locked or deleted, and some posts have gone missing. We need to bring civility back to the board, no matter which side of the issue at hand you fall on." - Well, since all the threads started after March 8th are locked, I guess that means that only threads that have no criticism of the AD are considered "civil".

A thread I started that asked for answers to very relevant, substantive questions dealing with the specific responsibilities of the Athletic Director has been locked. There was no reference to the firing, or alleged actions she has taken. There were only real, serious questions, no name calling, and not even calls for her termination.

Yet this thread has been locked like all the others. So is my take away that even asking substantive questions about the performance of Amanda Braun is now considered to be uncivil, and not allowed as a topic of discussion?

Again, from the admin's post "This is not the place to bash players, coaches, or the administration."

I guess that all the calls for firing Jeter on this board - For many years now - were not bashing of the coaches. That was "civil discourse".

But calling for the firing of the AD for 1 week is uncivil and cannot be tolerated. Good to know. I guess we all must tow the line for the AD, whoever that is, and never demand change at THAT level. Coaches, though, are open season.

Finally, there is this gem from admin: "This board, while not previously moderated very strictly, will not tolerate violations of the guidelines outlined above going forward. Posts/threads violating these guidelines will removed, and posters will be warned and potentially removed from the forum."

Ladies and gentlemen, witness the new definition of "discussion". This is now a safe space where dissent, criticism, or free thought WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

I fully expect to soon be "warned" by the admin for this post, and subsequently banned because I refuse to allow a nameless, faceless party to control the conversation and censor people's expression....and I would feel this way regardless of who the AD is."

jhart05
03-26-2016, 12:06 PM
That's the college world we live in today.

We are raising an entire generation of kids who will not be able to deal with the real world when they learn not everyone thinks the same way they do.

That you do not have this "safe space" garbage in the real world.

I mean did you hear about what happened at Emory University this past week? Sounded like an Onion article.

jhart05
03-26-2016, 12:12 PM
I might actually start watching the Bucks.

Jimmy Lemke
03-26-2016, 12:33 PM
I might actually start watching the Bucks.

Please God no.

jhart05
03-26-2016, 12:38 PM
Yes, that's how disgusted I am with all this.

And I'm not just talking about this Panther Civil War.

Spirit of Bruce
03-26-2016, 01:06 PM
I see that the Freak board is back on. After perusing the admin's scolding of everyone, I can say unequivocally that I will never return to that board.

BBF
03-26-2016, 01:09 PM
I see that the Freak board is back on. After perusing the admin's scolding of everyone, I can say unequivocally that I will never return to that board.

You and many others will never return to the Eunuch board. You can now consider it a wholly owned subsidiary of the administration. If they want your opinion, they'll tell it to you.

jhart05
03-26-2016, 02:02 PM
There. Changed my avatar and added a signature.

Now I'm done with that board.

The Amanda Braun love fest over there can continue without me.

Skrapheap
03-26-2016, 02:06 PM
My question: where do i continue discussions of women's basketball and volleyball, so that i can be ignored here as i am on the eunuch board? :)

madpanther
03-26-2016, 03:09 PM
My question: where do i continue discussions of wonen's basketball and volleyball, so that i can be ignored here as a i am on the eunuch board? :(
H

Being from Madison, I really enjoy your reports on volleyball. I can only watch a game or two a year, so rely on you for info. Thanks.

parkerj
03-26-2016, 03:11 PM
My question: where do i continue discussions of wonen's basketball and volleyball, so that i can be ignored here as a i am on the eunuch board? :(
H

I guess based on the board's structure, this would be the place.

TheDarkHawkReturns
03-26-2016, 11:13 PM
I encourage all of you to not just walk away from the Eunuch board. It is still on the top of google searches, and as such, will be a research tool for the media and other outsiders who deserve the benefit of the views of those of us opposed to Braun's leadership.

If you leave it, the world will be left with the impression that Braun has far more support than she does.......until D'Amato has his say, at least.

Jimmy Lemke
03-26-2016, 11:17 PM
H

I'll engage you in conversation here!

Jimmy Lemke
04-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Now one of Amanda's goons is on there disparaging Fran - FRAN of all people - under two different screen names.

Tell all your friends to visit THIS board: http://pantheru.com/forum

Skrapheap
04-12-2016, 03:07 PM
i can't decide whether Pendleton/B. Smooth is one of AB's goons, or just someone who really doesn't like Fran.

BBF
04-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Who wouldn't like me? :cool:

It's too easy, unfortunately, to rub people the wrong way on message boards. I'm sure I have been guilty of it occasionally, and I regret it to the extent I am guilty of it. But when I look at that thread I still haven't seen a substantive response to the points I raised. I have no problem with people disagreeing, but the ad hominem posts aren't even worth the time it takes to read them. I guess everyone else is just sort of whistling past the graveyard or tired of the controversy, which I believe is exactly what the administration wants. The dismissal of Rob Jeter one year before his contract termed was stupid, clumsy, extremely expensive and terribly counterproductive to the whole athletic program and to the University's integrity in the way it was planned and executed. They are betting that few of us will care, that most of us are more interested in bread and circuses than in people and principles.