PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Dixon to TCU...

CaribouJim
03-21-2016, 05:00 PM
...per ESPN.

Not a surprise I guess.

unclejohn
03-22-2016, 07:52 AM
Great hire for TCU.

Goose85
03-22-2016, 08:50 AM
Per zagsblog, Dixon was on the last TCU team that won a NCAA tourney game.

" Jamie Dixon is leaving Pittsburgh to become head coach at TCU, where he played on the last Horned Frogs team that won an NCAA Tournament game nearly three decades ago."

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/jamie-dixon-leaving-pittsburgh-for-tcu/168395238

The S.F. Austin coach is off to Oklahoma State. Looks like a good hire.

Marquette
03-22-2016, 09:59 AM
People still blast Buzz for leaving Marquette to go to a bottom feeder in the ACC, why is no one ripping Dixon for leaving Pittsburgh for a bottom feeder in the Big 12?

Nukem2
03-22-2016, 10:08 AM
People still blast Buzz for leaving Marquette to go to a bottom feeder in the ACC, why is no one ripping Dixon for leaving Pittsburgh for a bottom feeder in the Big 12?There were plenty of naysayers on the Pitt scout.com board well before the TCU thing came up. Guess a lot of folks there are happy for change?

79warrior
03-22-2016, 10:14 AM
People still blast Buzz for leaving Marquette to go to a bottom feeder in the ACC, why is no one ripping Dixon for leaving Pittsburgh for a bottom feeder in the Big 12?

He played there. Why blast him for that. Even the Pitt AD reduced the buyout amount to let him go. I totally understand why Jamie did what he did.

jpvegas52
03-22-2016, 01:56 PM
He played there. Why blast him for that. Even the Pitt AD reduced the buyout amount to let him go. I totally understand why Jamie did what he did.

It definitely sounds like the powers to be at Pitt, who didn't hire Dixon, wanted him out and wanted their own coach in. One of the blogs said they weren't going to fight hard to keep him and now I read that they reduced his buyout. Everyone is able to save face, he wanted to go back to his alma mater, and the people at Pitt, we didn't want to hold him from his dream job.

Dixon was at Pitt 12 years and probably best for both sides for him to leave. Although, in Pitt's case, be careful what you wish for, it might not be as good as what you had.

As far as Buzz is concerned, he wanted out and took the first job at a major conference that would pay him what he wanted. Odds are if he would have waited he could have had a job at a better basketball school.

Markedman
03-22-2016, 03:59 PM
I hardly think TCU was Dixons dream job. It was the right job at the right time. If it was his dream job he would have taken it the last time it came open.

Goose85
03-22-2016, 04:19 PM
Pitt is in an interesting spot. Did well with Dixon and he was an established coach. I'd guess the brass thinks Pitt hoops should be better.
Careful what you wish for, as that is one tough conference, and Pitt is a bit of an outlier in the conference.

I'm not going to say they are going to turn into Boston College, but if they make a bad hire things could go south quick there.