PDA

View Full Version : Marial Shayok

Nukem2
03-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Former MU signee is killing Butker

Nukem2
03-19-2016, 08:13 PM
Marial would have been much appreciated. He was the glue man for VA in the second half htonight as he played far more minutes than usual.

warriorfan4life
03-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Marial would have been much appreciated. He was the glue man for VA in the second half htonight as he played far more minutes than usual.

Ideal player for today's game, as he can score it all levels and can guard a 2-4. I understand why he was the one Buzz recruit that Wojo tried hard as hell to keep. I can easily see him stepping into Brogdon's role next year.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-19-2016, 08:38 PM
I mentioned to my wife that he was a huge loss when Buzz left. I can easily picture him in the 3 role for us that Sandy played with mixed results.

Djgoldnboy
03-19-2016, 09:28 PM
He may have had a good game, but his season stats really are not that impressive.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3138201/marial-shayok

warriorfan4life
03-19-2016, 09:40 PM
He may have had a good game, but his season stats really are not that impressive.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3138201/marial-shayok

Especially with Virginia, I focus far more on shooting percentages/advanced stats and not pure counting stats. He makes 52% of his twos, 45% of his threes, and has a very solid 107.0 offensive rating. Also, he has been the fourth option on offense on the slowest paced team in the country.

On the defensive end, he did a good job on whatever Butler player he guarded. He could easily develop into an all-conference defender in the next two seasons.

Djgoldnboy
03-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Not saying he couldn't, just don't see him as a huge miss at this point. That could change. His free throw shooting is pretty bad though, almost the same as his regular field goal %.

TheSultan
03-19-2016, 09:48 PM
He'd be Marquette best perimeter defender. He's missed.

03-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Especially with Virginia, I focus far more on shooting percentages/advanced stats and not pure counting stats. He makes 52% of his twos, 45% of his threes, and has a very solid 107.0 offensive rating. Also, he has been the fourth option on offense on the slowest paced team in the country.

On the defensive end, he did a good job on whatever Butler player he guarded. He could easily develop into an all-conference defender in the next two seasons.

+1

I'd take him.

http://kenpom.com/player.php?p=27168

kneelb4zerg
03-19-2016, 10:23 PM
He'd be Marquette best perimeter defender. He's missed.

Fair enough, but no point worrying about a player recruited by our previous coach.

TheSultan
03-19-2016, 10:31 PM
Fair enough, but no point worrying about a player recruited by our previous coach.

I'm not "worrying" about anything or anyone. I am participating in a discussion on a message board. You don't have to do so if you don't want. The thread is appropriately titled making it easy to avoid.

Hope this helps.

kneelb4zerg
03-19-2016, 10:32 PM
I'm not "worrying" about anything or anyone. I am participating in a discussion on a message board. You don't have to do so if you don't want. The thread is appropriately titled making it easy to avoid.

Hope this helps.

Yeah. It really does. Thanks so much. I can sleep well now.

03-20-2016, 09:08 AM

FWIW recruited by our current coach as well. Wojo did try to keep Shayok but was unable to.

kneelb4zerg
03-20-2016, 10:47 AM
FWIW recruited by our current coach as well. Wojo did try to keep Shayok but was unable to.

I know that. My point is, hard to cry over spilled milk when the guy committed to a different coach.

Nukem2
03-20-2016, 11:14 AM
I know that. My point is, hard to cry over spilled milk when the guy committed to a different coach.

Don't see anyone crying over spilled milk here. Just discussing Shayok.

IWB
03-20-2016, 12:59 PM
When I looked up his stats about a week ago I was not impressed, but then you see what UVA fans say, and apparently he has been their "glue guy" all year, and apparently a key to their success this year.

TedBaxter
03-20-2016, 01:06 PM
MU missed the guy who would get loose balls, play help defense and take on the opponents scorer. Shayok.