PDA

View Full Version : SHU Meltdown

Nukem2
03-18-2016, 09:24 AM
The Pirates played one of the worst games of opening day. Whitehead kept shooting blanks as he does every few games. In general, they rushed the action far too much. Also, had no answer for Sabonis and Wiltger. Now, will Whitehead go to the NBA draft? I think so as his stock will never get higher despite last night. He is what he is.

CaribouJim
03-18-2016, 10:19 AM
Sabonis was very impressive - highly skilled. Not too far into the game I started to worry about him. I don't recall the last b-ball player taking oxygen - Whitehead looked so out of sorts. When they got it down to 6 I thought they were back in it, but things headed south from there. Their free throws didn't help much.

Thank God PC pulled it out.

Goose85
03-18-2016, 10:30 AM
The Pirates played one of the worst games of opening day. Whitehead kept shooting blanks as he does every few games. In general, they rushed the action far too much. Also, had no answer for Sabonis and Wiltger. Now, will Whitehead go to the NBA draft? I think so as his stock will never get higher despite last night. He is what he is.

Seton Hall just looked like they were playing a bit out of control and like you said Nukem, they seemed to rush everything.
I haven't seen Whiteheads name in any mock drafts, but that doesn't mean he won't decide he is ready. I hope he stays, as Seton Hall, with him back, should be a rated team all next season.

MU/Panther
03-18-2016, 10:34 AM
Seton Hall wasn't focused after winning the Big East Championship. They were tired. The air got to Whitehead.

DCwarrior
03-18-2016, 11:33 AM
That was a bad match-up in every way for Seton Hall -- A very East Coast team having to travel out West to play a West Coast team. A young team with no Tourney experience having to play a veteran and tourney experienced team. Gonzaga had the size to match up with Seton Hall and lets not forget that Gonzaga is very talented...they greatly underacheived during the season and are only now coming on strong in the postseason.

I wanted SH to win, but I picked this one correctly in my brackets.

Smee
03-18-2016, 12:36 PM
I watched a lot of Gonzaga because my daughter just graduated from there and it has been a good father daughter pastime.

Gonzaga lost some real good guards this last year. In the beginning of the year the guards could not throw it in the ocean from the beach and teams packed it on Sabonis and Karnowski. Wiltjer had a little more freedom because he is more versatile. They started getting a little better (the guards) and this improved the spacing and then Karnowski went down with a back injury and is out for the year. He was a mountain and a very good player. They went back to the drawing board. I also think they lost their backup center, Edwards for a while.

Ultimately, the guards got better and they worked out some space for Sabonis to operate...but I have not seen many teams give them as much room to catch as Seton Hall did. What I saw all year was either a quick double or at least a deeper dig by the guards. I did not watch the whole game, but it appeared they were trying to cover him straight up.

Goose85
03-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Per Zagsblog, Whitehead to test the NBA waters.

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/seton-halls-whitehead-to-test-nba-draft-waters/168001436

IrwinFletcher
03-18-2016, 05:05 PM
He is the 30th ranked sophomore prospect? When was that last updated - June 2015?