PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Tourney Thread

DCwarrior
03-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Big East is 1-0 as Butler takes care of Texas Tech. Butler is a really hard team for schools unfamiliar with them to play. They are so physical and unorthodox in many ways...they just wear down and frustrate opponents. Butler will beat higher seeded teams, but they never lose to lower seeded teams in the tourney.

Bummed about Duke...UNC Wilmington was my upset special today. Who would have thought Plumlee would have his career day today?

CaribouJim
03-17-2016, 02:58 PM
I always feel confident that Butler won't wet their pants - I'm more worried about Nova and X this year. Would be great to get all five moving on to the next round.

IWB
03-17-2016, 03:01 PM
What's up with Tony Bennett? Went down on the YVA sidelines, then went to locker room with medical staff?

Djgoldnboy
03-17-2016, 03:05 PM
I picked Nova to win it all, I'm a sucker for punishment, but d@mn would that shut up all the talk about the BE. Feel like Jay is due one of these years.

warriorfan4life
03-17-2016, 03:17 PM
I picked Nova to win it all, I'm a sucker for punishment, but d@mn would that shut up all the talk about the BE. Feel like Jay is due one of these years.

Any other region and I would have probably picked Nova to make it to the Final Four. Cannot pick against Kansas (despite their own spotty tourney history) with the way that they finished the season. That beatdown of a good Texas team in Austin a couple of weeks ago was the most impressive performance I saw all season. Not sure if we have a Final Four team, but like our chances of having a few playing in the second weekend.

CaribouJim
03-17-2016, 03:30 PM
What's up with Tony Bennett? Went down on the YVA sidelines, then went to locker room with medical staff?

“I think I was crouched down and was a little dehydrated and blacked out a little bit, but I’m OK.”

bergamont
03-17-2016, 04:34 PM
Yale! 21 a big baby for Baylor walking off the court at the end.

Nukem2
03-17-2016, 04:36 PM
Congrats to Yale. Will give Duke a good run.

CaribouJim
03-17-2016, 04:38 PM
Yale! 21 a big baby for Baylor walking off the court at the end.

Didn't two Baylor guys get in a tussle with each other?

ge1974
03-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Every time I think of Baylor basketball I think of this sad, incredible story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_University_basketball_scandal

MUMac
03-17-2016, 05:53 PM
So the top conference already has 2 gone.

CaribouJim
03-17-2016, 06:30 PM
....and down goes the Boilermakers!

milkbone
03-17-2016, 06:34 PM
12 seeds are 2 for 2 right now. Is Crean next to go down??

IrwinFletcher
03-17-2016, 08:16 PM
The Purdue game goes to show that you need two PGs on the roster. They played the OTs without a PG and it really hurt them on both ends of the court.

bergamont
03-17-2016, 09:47 PM
Didn't two Baylor guys get in a tussle with each other?

Yes, they pushed each other during a time out.

Nukem2
03-17-2016, 09:47 PM
Lots of empty seats in today's games. BC always does much better (Bucky or not ).

MayorBeluga
03-17-2016, 11:06 PM
Neither Providence nor USC wants to win. Great game gets sloppy in last few minutes and Trojans are the last to give it away. Good for the Big East though.

warriorfan4life
03-17-2016, 11:11 PM
Neither Providence nor USC wants to win. Great game gets sloppy in last few minutes and Trojans are the last to give it away. Good for the Big East though.

Providence wanted to win, but the three refs on the floor had other ideas. Thankfully, Providence fought through the ref show and had enough poise to pull it out in the end.

IWB
03-18-2016, 08:34 AM
Providence vs USC game is another perfect reason why I hate home town advantage in the NCAAs.

Watching games all day and night - fans at all arenas were going crazy. The Providence/USC game was possibly the best/closest game of the night and the crowd was dead. The place was a Scooby Doo ghost town. Why? 90% of the fans were only there to see home town UNC, and as soon as that game ended - they all left. What a waste, and a true sign of how entitled UNC fans are.

ValiantSailor
03-18-2016, 08:51 AM
Providence vs USC game is another perfect reason why I hate home town advantage in the NCAAs.

Watching games all day and night - fans at all arenas were going crazy. The Providence/USC game was possibly the best/closest game of the night and the crowd was dead. The place was a Scooby Doo ghost town. Why? 90% of the fans were only there to see home town UNC, and as soon as that game ended - they all left. What a waste, and a true sign of how entitled UNC fans are.

The home town advantage puts more butts in the seats. Take it away, and all the games would have the interest of today's St Joe's - Cincinnati game in Spokane. How many fans do you think will be there?

VS

Gato78
03-18-2016, 09:01 AM
We have plenty of locals who show at the BC without a team allegiance.

MayorBeluga
03-18-2016, 09:13 AM
We have plenty of locals who show at eh BC without a team allegiance.

While that has been true in the past, I doubt it will be so going forward. I know of many people who bought tickets for the tourney games at the BC who are not buying for next year. I am among them. Combine absurdly overpriced tickets, the lack of beverages of an adult nature, a crappy game or two, a couple teams you don't care about and the ability to watch multiple games in glorious high definition from a bar or your own couch, and the NCAA has an attendance problem.

The Big East Tournamnet, on the other hand, is truly incredible. But we already knew that.

Gato78
03-18-2016, 09:25 AM
The BIG EAST Tournament, in my mind, is preferable to the NCAAs as an in-person experience. Still love NCAAs and I have ordered tickets. BET is better.

DCwarrior
03-18-2016, 09:26 AM
While that has been true in the past, I doubt it will be so going forward. I know of many people who bought tickets for the tourney games at the BC who are not buying for next year. I am among them. Combine absurdly overpriced tickets, the lack of beverages of an adult nature, a crappy game or two, a couple teams you don't care about and the ability to watch multiple games in glorious high definition from a bar or your own couch, and the NCAA has an attendance problem.

The Big East Tournamnet, on the other hand, is truly incredible. But we already knew that.

They don't serve beer anymore at tourney games? I'm hating the NCAA more and more every day now.

Goose85
03-18-2016, 09:27 AM
West is tough because the west is not big on college hoops like many of the east cities, and there are normally not as many teams to draw from within a reasonable distance.

Cal is in Spokane, and San Fran is about 14 hours away. Eugene Oregon is 7 hours away. Those are the two closest teams, and unlike Milwaukee where Chicago fans come to see NCAA action, Spokane isn't really near other big cities with diverse college hoops fans.
Gonzaga gets to stay west playing in Denver, which is a 16 hour drive.

I've seen many an empty seat in Boise and other west coast places.

MUfan12
03-18-2016, 09:37 AM
The in-person NCAA experience is lacking, unless your team is playing. Very few replays, no beer, and only one game at a time.

As a neutral, I'd rather be at home for the first two rounds.

Nukem2
03-18-2016, 09:43 AM
The in-person NCAA experience is lacking, unless your team is playing. Very few replays, no beer, and only one game at a time.

As a neutral, I'd rather be at home for the first two rounds.Actually, it is a lot of fun for BB junkies. Hard to do four full games in a day in Round 1 though.

MUfan12
03-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Actually, it is a lot of fun for BB junkies. Hard to do four full games in a day in Round 1 though.

As a "BB junkie," I like being able to watch another game if the one I'm watching stinks. That's not easily done when you're at the venue.

unclejohn
03-18-2016, 11:15 AM
Lots of empty seats in today's games. BC always does much better (Bucky or not ).

To be fair, I have been to games at the BC that were half empty. Typically, a site is likely to get two pretty good games and a couple bad ones in the first round. I recall one year that the second game of the day was Villanova beating the snot out of somebody, and my friends and I took the opportunity to go to dinner and return for the evening games. The last one of the day was pretty good, with Texas knocking off Michigan because Michigan repeated the mistake of the previous year and called a time-out it did not have. It helped that there were plenty of drunken rodent fans there just to cheer against Michigan. But the game before that was Wake Forest beating somebody up, and not too many people hurried back from dinner to watch it.

unclejohn
03-18-2016, 11:20 AM
The home town advantage puts more butts in the seats. Take it away, and all the games would have the interest of today's St Joe's - Cincinnati game in Spokane. How many fans do you think will be there?

VS

Hell, I'd be there. That is a good game. On the occasions I had to watch the games, just showing up to watch the games is a lot of fun. Actually, there is something uniquely fun about watching a game where you really do not care who wins. I enjoy the whole experience, even if it includes watching some low seed getting killed far away from home. But that is just me I guess.

unclejohn
03-18-2016, 11:26 AM
I have to say the courts this year are a huge improvement over the awful black-and-blue ones they have used in recent years. The lime green in St. Louis is a little loud for my taste, but tolerable.

Goose85
03-18-2016, 12:02 PM
TV has changed a lot, and the in game experience has not kept up.

It doesn't seem like that long ago not every game was on tv in every market, so going to games did not mean you were missing out.
Now every game is on, so guys like me last night flipped between games, and with the scores and time left of all games at the top of the screen, I knew where to change and when.

I knew there was no reason to watch Kentucky, so I didn't. But if that was the game you were at, I'd be you were in the atrium watching a tv monitor of Providence or any other game.

The NCAA or Big East or whomever needs to rethink in stadium replays. If you want me to pay top dollar for teams I don't know a year in advance, what are you going to do for me, the in arena viewer, that is better than sitting with my friends at a bar or at home. One thing you can do is let me see the replays. If there is a foul let me see it. If there is a ball out of bounds in the last minute, show me the same angles the people that didn't pay are getting.

IWB
03-18-2016, 12:58 PM
First off, I love going to the NCAA tourney. While yes, a conference tourney will be better, that is because you are familiar with every team, you are familiar with all of the players and you are familiar with all of the fan bases.

The NCAA is different. The NCAA tournament is not about the home team crowd, it is much more than that. First off, the base is dependent upon the host school. If MU is the host school when it comes to Milwaukee - you depend on the host school's season ticket holders supporting the event. Marquette has done very well in that respect over the last two decades. Some places do not, example - New Orleans. I remember years ago New Orleans had the 1st & 2nd round because of the Final Four deal. Who is going to support it? Tulane fans? No. They ended up seeding Duke and Notre Dame there just to try and sell tickets. Fail.

Send it to cities where the host school does their job and sells tickets.

Next you have the 8 teams. They need to sell tickets. Now you need some of those teams to be close enough to drive, but you can't have all. You want a balanced crowd. Giving a school a home game does not provide a balanced crowd.

Finally you have the local basketball junkies/fans, and they buy a good number of tickets.

If you have all three categories above, you have a good mix.

When you have a city like New Orleans hosting - the #1 ticket seller is non existent.
When you have a home team like UNC in Raleigh or UW in Milwaukee, # 2 is non existent.
When you have it in Boise, #3 is non existent.

You need a balance. When you have that balance, it creates a great atmosphere. Watch the games - you can tell by the size of the crowd and the electricity of the crowd whether or not you have it in that location.

Games - Some say it is boring because of blowouts - Thank the NCAA and their BS pod system for that. You should always have a good mix...
1-16, 4-13, 5-12 and 8-9
or
2-15, 3-14, 6-13, 7-10

You have a good balance - sure, the 1-16/2-15 will be blowouts, but you get to see the best teams in the nation. 8-9/7-10 should be great games and of course the 6-13/5-12 are the upset specials. Cheer like hell for the underdog.

The pod system changed that. In a desperate move to sell tickets in undeserving markets, the NCAA created the pod system. What was it a couple years ago with the games I went to, TWO 2-15 games and Two 7-10s. Really? You need the freaking mix.

Seed it how you seed it, give preference to those within the seed and go from there.

Beer sales - NCAA has always banned beer sales. Well, now you have a good argument....

unclejohn
03-18-2016, 01:07 PM
I thought the pod system was to minimize travel and let the higher seeds play close to home. I have seen some terrible 2/15 games, but it sure must have been exciting to watch Lehigh knock off Duke.

IWB
03-18-2016, 01:09 PM
They say it is to minimize travel but that is BS. It is about getting preferred teams close to home so they can sell tickets.

TheSultan
03-18-2016, 01:34 PM
It's probably both. The NCAA pays for the teams to travel to the sites right?

Goose85
03-18-2016, 02:00 PM
They pay for travel, but I think it might be more trying to get ticket sales.

The NCAA is flying teams west to east and east to west.

Arizona played in Providence, Southern Cal in North Carolina.

If they wanted to worry about travel, in the 8 v 9 games why not have Providence v. UConn and USC v Colorado.
Instead of St. Joe and Cincy in Spokane, have USC and Colorado playing in Spokane. Easy if you are really worried about travel (because who cares if you are an 8 or 9, play the same team).

MUAlphaBangura
03-18-2016, 02:02 PM
Watching Michigan St getting their asses kicked right now. Darnell Harris from Middle Tennessee is the kid from Milwaukee Hamilton if I'm not mistaken. Lost track of where he went, but thought back in his high school days that he was the kind of guy Marquette could use.

TheSultan
03-18-2016, 02:08 PM
Watching Michigan St getting their asses kicked right now. Darnell Harris from Middle Tennessee is the kid from Milwaukee Hamilton if I'm not mistaken. Lost track of where he went, but thought back in his high school days that he was the kind of guy Marquette could use.

Harris went to UW-Whitewater, than to a Juco in Florida somewhere before transferring to MTSU.

Mucrisco
03-18-2016, 03:11 PM
Normally, I don't really listen to the announcers, but Gottlieb is unbearable.

MUAlphaBangura
03-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Pac 12 certainly crapping the bed so far.

Nukem2
03-18-2016, 03:23 PM
Pac 12 certainly crapping the bed so far.
But, Charles Barkley said..... ;)

Nukem2
03-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Michigan State goes down. Big 14 not so good.

Goose85
03-18-2016, 03:55 PM
I barely had time to enjoy my upset pick of Hawaii, when my eventual champ - Michigan State - goes down.

I love the upsets, but not my eventual champ in round 1.

Goose85
03-18-2016, 04:02 PM
There have been 21 games completed thus far.
Of the 21 winners, 11 are from non power 5 conferences and 10 are from power five conferences.

IWB
03-18-2016, 04:18 PM
Congrats to MKE ProAm vet Darnell Harris for knocking off MSU

MUAlphaBangura
03-18-2016, 04:37 PM
Leave it to a Michael Stephen's led crew to allow a 2 handed shove in the back by Adam Woodberry to get the put back to win it for Iowa over Temple. Would have loved to see another BIG1011121314 team go down.

warriorfan4life
03-18-2016, 04:41 PM
There have been 21 games completed thus far.
Of the 21 winners, 11 are from non power 5 conferences and 10 are from power five conferences.

Sorry Goose, but for the love of God do not classify the Big East with the rest of the non "Power 5" conferences. If we badly need a delineation mark, it would be the "Power 6". After reading the drivel on Casual Hoya about JTIII and lamenting their failures in large part to the new conference (which has done just fine even with Georgetown and Marquette falling apart), it pisses me off to see the Big East referred to as anything less then a high-major conference that is at the top level of college basketball. It is no longer an oversized megapower, but damn good as a lean and mean group of 10.

Goose85
03-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Sorry Goose, but for the love of God do not classify the Big East with the rest of the non "Power 5" conferences. If we badly need a delineation mark, it would be the "Power 6". After reading the drivel on Casual Hoya about JTIII and lamenting their failures in large part to the new conference (which has done just fine even with Georgetown and Marquette falling apart), it pisses me off to see the Big East referred to as anything less then a high-major conference that is at the top level of college basketball. It is no longer an oversized megapower, but damn good as a lean and mean group of 10.

My point was more along the lines of when it comes to hoops, the 'power 5' conferences are the the be all end all like most think of in football.
I don't like it, but I often hear references to 'power 5', and I was happy to see those conferences were not winning like many think they should.

Gato78
03-18-2016, 04:51 PM
Temple should have been on the line to win the game with 1 second left. Obvious call. Typical of this year's crappy officiating. Even Verne called it rather obvious based on Woodbury having extended his arms. If that happened to MU I would just go to Froedert for my coronary max protect.

IWB
03-18-2016, 04:55 PM
No question, that was a foul, and allowed the eye poker to win it for Iowa.

warriorfan4life
03-18-2016, 04:56 PM
My point was more along the lines of when it comes to hoops, the 'power 5' conferences are the the be all end all like most think of in football.
I don't like it, but I often hear references to 'power 5', and I was happy to see those conferences were not winning like many think they should.

And my point is, the Big East is in the same class as the "Power 5" by all objective measures and it's a "Power 6" in basketball. I am also enjoying the struggles of the overrated Pac 12 and B1G, but we are part of the haves and not the American, A-10, and everyone else.

MUMac
03-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Leave it to a Michael Stephen's led crew to allow a 2 handed shove in the back by Adam Woodberry to get the put back to win it for Iowa over Temple. Would have loved to see another BIG1011121314 team go down.

Yeah, it was a shove and was obvious. The ref swallowed his whistle. That said, the majority of the officials would have swallowed their whistle in that situation. Not just this crew.

I pull against the big10 teams. Part of me, though, wants to see the coronaries from the badger fans if Iowa, Indiana and Maryland are the only one's to advance. The ones they denigrate the most.

MUMac
03-18-2016, 04:58 PM
And my point is, the Big East is in the same class as the "Power 5" by all objective measures and it's a "Power 6" in basketball. I am also enjoying the struggles of the overrated Pac 12 and B1G, but we are part of the haves and not the American, A-10, and everyone else.

I believe goose's post missed a "not" in there. I am guessing he meant to say his point is the Power 5 are not the end all be all in hoops.

warriorfan4life
03-18-2016, 05:10 PM
I believe goose's post missed a "not" in there. I am guessing he meant to say his point is the Power 5 are not the end all be all in hoops.

Not necessarily, and I'd much rather have the SLU job then Rutgers for comparison, but it is still better to be part of the haves. With our performance on the court and the resources of the TV contract, the Big East is part of the haves ("Power 6").

MUAlphaBangura
03-18-2016, 06:07 PM
BIG10-14 escapes again with Maryland hanging on for dear life against South Dakota St.

MayorBeluga
03-18-2016, 06:31 PM
And Greg Gard looks to be continuing the tradition of coaching unwatchable basketball at the government school

DCwarrior
03-18-2016, 06:44 PM
Pitt and UW just set college hoops back 50 years with that first half

MUAlphaBangura
03-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Pitt and UW just set college hoops back 50 years with that first half

Let's think about this...... in 2 games, the UW final four game in 2000, and the current game against Pitt, Wisconsin has set college basketball back 100 years combined! :cool:

Halo
03-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Yeah, it was a shove and was obvious. The ref swallowed his whistle. That said, the majority of the officials would have swallowed their whistle in that situation. Not just this crew.

I pull against the big10 teams. Part of me, though, wants to see the coronaries from the badger fans if Iowa, Indiana and Maryland are the only one's to advance. The ones they denigrate the most.

Yep. My feelings also Mac.

MayorBeluga
03-18-2016, 06:59 PM
And Pitt begins to play stupid. Alas

MUMac
03-18-2016, 07:45 PM
Brian Anderson's skill of calling a baseball game is coming in handy with the "scoring" in this game.

MU_Iceman
03-18-2016, 07:51 PM
47 points...I'm sure Badger fans must be so proud. What a f'n lucky team...Robinson misses 10 straight to end the game, including two from point blank range. Whatever. If things follow script like they usually do for UW now Weber St will beat Xavier.

Nukem2
03-18-2016, 08:04 PM
And Pitt begins to play stupid. Alas

And on.... Kept dribbling in the for unforced to's

MUAlphaBangura
03-18-2016, 08:04 PM
How the BIG10-14 gets awarded 3 wins today is beyond me. Some of the worst basketball I have ever witnessed from this supposed "power" conference. Don't know how I will even handle it if Bucky beats Xavier. It will be a long, long spring and summer.:mad:

unclejohn
03-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Huggy Bear just got T'd up, putting his team down by double figures. If they lose, that's two of my final four down and my bracket is toast. Why does that not bother me?

Nukem2
03-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Some big upsets and some are not even close. A weird year for Div I BB

unclejohn
03-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Well Xavier apparently does not plan on being the second #2 to go down today.

Goose85
03-18-2016, 09:15 PM

Correct Mac, thanks for the catch

warriorfan4life
03-18-2016, 10:46 PM
Correct Mac, thanks for the catch

I'll just say that a major conference does not have a 14-4 champ either miss the field or get in the field as a 10 seed. It does have half the teams get in each year on average and earns multiple protected seeds each year.

MU/Panther
03-18-2016, 10:53 PM
NIT action, BYU just won a good game over Virginia Tech. BYU will host the Wagner at Creighton winner (Sat 11am in ESPN) on Tuesday for a trip to MSG.

MUAlphaBangura
03-19-2016, 08:50 PM
No way Providence comes close to winning this game jacking up contested jump shots. Need to attack Carolina, especially their guards. Carolina can block some shots but they are soft.

IrwinFletcher
03-20-2016, 10:08 AM
I thought Bentil's 4th and 5th fouls were a little weak. Not sure it would have made a difference or not, but certainly killed any chances of a comeback.

Nukem2
03-20-2016, 11:12 AM
I thought Bentil's 4th and 5th fouls were a little weak. Not sure it would have made a difference or not, but certainly killed any chances of a comeback.

They were very weak. Probably made no difference other than the margin of defeat.

Markedman
03-20-2016, 12:01 PM
Nova looks....ok .....so far......54-29 at the half.

Not sure they can play any better then that.

MU/Panther
03-20-2016, 12:03 PM
nova looks....ok .....so far......54-29 at the half.

Not sure they can play any better then that.
i love it!

DCwarrior
03-20-2016, 12:19 PM
Big East needs Nova and Xavier to win today. Nova looks to be on their way.

If Xavier can win, the added bonus would be that UW will be able to say they finished 0-3 this year against a mid-major conference.

ACC is dominating the tourney right now though.

Nukem2
03-20-2016, 12:30 PM
Guess Iowa feels like MU did that night in November.

mufan2003
03-20-2016, 01:25 PM
Big East needs Nova and Xavier to win today. Nova looks to be on their way.

If Xavier can win, the added bonus would be that UW will be able to say they finished 0-3 this year against a mid-major conference.

ACC is dominating the tourney right now though.

Yes. Although Duke and Syracuse lucked out with "perceived" easy matchups. UNC Wilmington, Yale, Dayton and potentially Middle Tennessee. Not too difficult.

Meanwhile, Providence and Butler each face a #1 seed after their first round wins. The top 2 seeds from the ACC. Seeds and matchups can make a difference.

Halo
03-20-2016, 02:25 PM
Yes. Although Duke and Syracuse lucked out with "perceived" easy matchups. UNC Wilmington, Yale, Dayton and potentially Middle Tennessee. Not too difficult.

Meanwhile, Providence and Butler each face a #1 seed after their first round wins. The top 2 seeds from the ACC. Seeds and matchups can make a difference.

Agree. The committee did the BE no favors by putting them in round 2 facing 1 seeds.

Nukem2
03-20-2016, 03:51 PM
SF Austin goes down at the end. Several key calls against #11 down the stretch.

kneelb4zerg
03-20-2016, 03:57 PM
Some questionable nonsense from the refs there. Ugh.

Nukem2
03-20-2016, 04:03 PM
Some questionable nonsense from the refs there. Ugh.

Hate it when refs get in the way.

Markedman
03-20-2016, 05:28 PM
Saw this....good job by Crean getting another underrated gem

Amazing that OG Anunoby was ranked 261st (RSCI) out of high school. Jefferson City HS, Team Thad AAU. Now a future 1st rounder down the road

MUAlphaBangura
03-20-2016, 07:55 PM
WTF is Xavier doing right now? That 1-3-1 zone is a mess and they are shooting like crap! This could really,really suck if things don't change quickly.

DCwarrior
03-20-2016, 07:55 PM
Wish Xavier would have played this poorly against us both times as they currently are against UW

MUfan12
03-20-2016, 08:12 PM
I can't believe with all of X's switchable athletes, no one can hold Vitto freaking Brown.

DCwarrior
03-20-2016, 08:15 PM
Sumner is playing like crap -- when he's not turning it over he's forcing shots and missing his open shots

MUwarrior1090
03-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Wish Xavier would have played this poorly against us both times as they currently are against UW

They did in game 1. Then they scorched the earth in games 2 and 3.

DCwarrior
03-20-2016, 08:49 PM
Huge foul on Happ. He's their best player and I don't look forward to playing against him for 3 more years.

MUfan12
03-20-2016, 08:56 PM
Huge foul on Happ. He's their best player and I don't look forward to playing against him for 3 more years.

And then X jacks up two quick threes instead of going inside. Oy vey.

Markedman
03-20-2016, 09:28 PM
Texas A&M goes on a 14-2 run in last 40 seconds to send it to OT v Northern Iowa! �� Turn this game back on if you stopped watching. #Shocked

TheSultan
03-20-2016, 10:10 PM
Why didn't the guy from UNI just chuck it down the court?

MU/Panther
03-21-2016, 11:05 AM
This was classic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6A2ZgKV6n0

MUMac
03-21-2016, 11:07 AM
This was classic.

Bobby Knight is smiling somewhere with that answer!

Goose85
03-21-2016, 11:11 AM
Why didn't the guy from UNI just chuck it down the court?

My thought exactly. Just heave it up in the air toward the other side of the court. By the time it came down and was touched time would expire.

IWB
03-21-2016, 11:55 AM
My thought exactly. Just heave it up in the air toward the other side of the court. By the time it came down and was touched time would expire.

I am trying to think of the announcer that I was listening to in another game as he had the perfect breakdown. He was saying that whatever team it was, they should not foul. Said your options on defense are...

1) Try to steam the inbounds
2) Trap them in the corner but do not foul. All players expect to be fouled in that situation so they just bend over and protect the ball. Don't foul let, him stand there and get the 5 second call.
3) If he breaks out of the trap, then foul as quickly as you can.

I am sure the UNI player figured he would get fouled, then panicked after 4 seconds.

IWB
03-21-2016, 12:05 PM
MU Panther - I did not watch any post game pressers all week, but for some reason I saw that one and it was AWESOME! Thanks for posting.

MU/Panther
03-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Mike Gminski was working the UNI-Texas A&M game.

DCwarrior
03-24-2016, 08:06 PM
Nova putting on a clinic tonight. At least the Big East will have a representative in the Elite 8. If they can play like this again, they'll beat anyone and everyone.

mcwman
03-24-2016, 08:18 PM
Worried kansas(assuming they win) will be a much tighter defensive team then Miami. Shots will be far more contested

Markedman
03-25-2016, 06:56 PM
Notre Dame and Wisconsin have combined to make three of their last 19 shots. #Badgers

Markedman
03-25-2016, 07:00 PM
ND is 5-23 from the floor.......not sure that ugly even covers it

MUAlphaBangura
03-25-2016, 07:07 PM
ND is 5-23 from the floor.......not sure that ugly even covers it

It's even uglier when the Badgers are the beneficiary.

Markedman
03-25-2016, 07:18 PM
And of course everybody on Twitter talking about UW's D......reality is it was mostly horrible offense/shooting by ND.

Winning ugly is better then losing but it sure isn't fun to watch.....

Nukem2
03-25-2016, 07:25 PM
And of course everybody on Twitter talking about UW's D......reality is it was mostly horrible offense/shooting by ND.

Winning ugly is better then losing but it sure isn't fun to watch.....

Yeah, ND has missed a lot of wide open shots...and, also has taken some horrible shots.

MUMac
03-25-2016, 07:48 PM
11 minutes to go in the game and Virginia, a team many feel is offensively challenged, and with 14 minutes to go in the ND/UW game, UVA has outscored ND and UW - COMBINED

MUMac
03-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Somebody tweet potrykus and tell him this outcome makes EVERY MU fan happy. The best outcome to happen - an 8-0 run in the last 20 seconds and the underage drinker misses(one of the many secrets potrykus keeps for his employer -uw) the shot and turns it over. Special.

Nukem2
03-25-2016, 08:55 PM
Has Sam Dekker tweeted tonite?

TheSultan
03-25-2016, 10:06 PM
So if UNC and Syracuse hold on to win, there will be a guaranteed ACC team in the Championship Game.

MayorBeluga
03-25-2016, 10:54 PM
So if UNC and Syracuse hold on to win, there will be a guaranteed ACC team in the Championship Game.

Did. Not. See. That. Happening. Ugh.

IrwinFletcher
03-25-2016, 10:55 PM

Actually, there will be two.

Virginia plays Syracuse.

NC plays ND.

MayorBeluga
03-25-2016, 11:00 PM
Actually, there will be two.

Virginia plays Syracuse.

NC plays ND.

And the winner of those games play each other in the Final Four, hence an ACC team is now guaranteed to play in the championship game.

Mucrisco
04-02-2016, 08:02 PM
I still can't figure out who I want to win UNC/'Cuse. I figured once the game started, I'd know but should either of these teams be eligible for this tourney?

MUAlphaBangura
04-02-2016, 08:06 PM
I still can't figure out who I want to win UNC/'Cuse. I figured once the game started, I'd know but should either of these teams be eligible for this tourney?

That's why you need to have money on the games. If Syracuse wins, I am slightly richer than if Carolina wins. Go Orange(just puked a little bit).

Mucrisco
04-02-2016, 08:10 PM
That's why you need to have money on the games. If Syracuse wins, I am slightly richer than if Carolina wins. Go Orange(just puked a little bit).

Good point,

MUBasketball
04-02-2016, 08:15 PM

Alpha, my man! Very disappointed in you. Screw 'Cuse!

MUAlphaBangura
04-02-2016, 08:27 PM

I can be bought!

Mucrisco
04-02-2016, 08:34 PM

Then you are rooting for the other cheaters?

Nukem2
04-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Then you are rooting for the other cheaters?

Caught between a rock and a hard place.;)

MayorBeluga
04-02-2016, 08:42 PM
I can be bought!

Quote pocketed for future reference..,

MUAlphaBangura
04-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Quote pocketed for future reference..,

You will need deep pockets!

MUBasketball
04-02-2016, 09:00 PM
i can be bought!

lol!