PDA

View Full Version : The promising return of Jabari Parker...

CaribouJim
03-16-2016, 10:03 AM
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/03/15/jabari-parker-milwaukee-bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-jason-kidd

Make sure to watch the rehab video on the quasi trampoline. I assume in the future Bucks players would be conducting their rehab at the new facility?

Goose85
03-16-2016, 10:24 AM
Thanks for posting Caribou.

Just curious, which NBA team do you cheer for the most? I know you are from NY and in those days the Knicks were fun, and are a long time Chicago guy too.

CaribouJim
03-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Was a Knicks fan that '69 - '70 season that captured everyone's imagination, but being a Western NY guy (not too far from Mike Parker) was a big Buffalo Braves fan during the Bob McAdoo/Ernie D./Randy Smith years until they bolted to L.A. Really fun team to watch and root for - if it wasn't for those damn Celtics!!!!

I lived in Texas from '84 - '91 (Austin and San Antonio) and was a season ticket holder for the Spurs through work the two years that David Robinson had to sit out and his first two years he played in the NBA - Robinson @ center...Rod Strickland @ PG...Willie Anderson @ the 2...Sean Elliot @ the 3...Terry Cummings @ the 4. Robinson's rookie year was the biggest improvement in wins from one season to the next that stood until Duncan's rookie year. The old Hemisphere was right on the River Walk and the environment was very college like.

I was meeting my boss at a San Antonio hotel and was waiting for the elevator and when it opened lo and behold out comes Jerome Whitehead - I was too shocked to say hello - he had just signed with the Spurs. Tom Copa had a cup of coffee with them as well. Doc too, but after I moved up north.

Spurs remain my favorite team by far, followed by the Bulls and then the Bucks. I'm a huge NBA fan - NBA playoffs are hard to beat. Just as big a fan of college b-ball as well.

IWB
03-16-2016, 11:04 AM
Funny, watching the show Brooklyn Nine Nine last night and the lead character was going out on a ledge and said he was not afraid of heights. Said there were only three things he was afraid of....

"There are only three things that I am afraid of; snakes, spiders and the fact that the New York Knicks may never be good again in my lifetime."

Goose85
03-16-2016, 11:41 AM
Was a Knicks fan that '69 - '70 season that captured everyone's imagination, but being a Western NY guy (not too far from Mike Parker) was a big Buffalo Braves fan during the Bob McAdoo/Ernie D./Randy Smith years until they bolted to L.A. Really fun team to watch and root for - if it wasn't for those damn Celtics!!!!

I lived in Texas from '84 - '91 (Austin and San Antonio) and was a season ticket holder for the Spurs through work the two years that David Robinson had to sit out and his first two years he played in the NBA - Robinson @ center...Rod Strickland @ PG...Willie Anderson @ the 2...Sean Elliot @ the 3...Terry Cummings @ the 4. Robinson's rookie year was the biggest improvement in wins from one season to the next that stood until Duncan's rookie year. The old Hemisphere was right on the River Walk and the environment was very college like.

I was meeting my boss at a San Antonio hotel and was waiting for the elevator and when it opened lo and behold out comes Jerome Whitehead - I was too shocked to say hello - he had just signed with the Spurs. Tom Copa had a cup of coffee with them as well. Doc too, but after I moved up north.

Spurs remain my favorite team by far, followed by the Bulls and then the Bucks. I'm a huge NBA fan - NBA playoffs are hard to beat. Just as big a fan of college b-ball as well.

Those Celtics / 76ers ruined the chances of a lot of good Bucks teams back in the day.
Ernie D and the Braves with Bob McAdoo. What a fun team.
Too bad more NBA wasn't on tv back then.

As a long time hoops fan you may enjoy a spin through this classic hoops website
http://remembertheaba.com/

I too like playoff basketball, as that is the NBA playing with the urgency of college.

Bad time for the Spurs to have one of the best seasons ever. Nobody notices with GS and their run at less than 10 losses.

Goose85
03-16-2016, 11:43 AM
Funny, watching the show Brooklyn Nine Nine last night and the lead character was going out on a ledge and said he was not afraid of heights. Said there were only three things he was afraid of....

"There are only three things that I am afraid of; snakes, spiders and the fact that the New York Knicks may never be good again in my lifetime."

I really like that show and loved that statement - which is probably the feeling of many New Yorkers.

CaribouJim
03-16-2016, 05:51 PM
Those Celtics / 76ers ruined the chances of a lot of good Bucks teams back in the day.
Ernie D and the Braves with Bob McAdoo. What a fun team.
Too bad more NBA wasn't on tv back then.

As a long time hoops fan you may enjoy a spin through this classic hoops website
http://remembertheaba.com/

I too like playoff basketball, as that is the NBA playing with the urgency of college.

Bad time for the Spurs to have one of the best seasons ever. Nobody notices with GS and their run at less than 10 losses.

I have both baseball, football & basketball cards going back to the late '60s including ABA cards and yes I had a Nolan Ryan rookie card, but me and a brother cut it in half as you had two players per card. And yes, my mom threw out my older brothers' cards from the mid, to late '50's - ouch.

As far as the Spurs, I think since mid-December they have a better record than the Warriors - if they can stay healthy I think they can give the Warriors a run for it - that is if they don't trip up before then - the western conference is insanely deep.

Goose85
03-17-2016, 08:29 AM
I have both baseball, football & basketball cards going back to the late '60s including ABA cards and yes I had a Nolan Ryan rookie card, but me and a brother cut it in half as you had two players per card. And yes, my mom threw out my older brothers' cards from the mid, to late '50's - ouch.

As far as the Spurs, I think since mid-December they have a better record than the Warriors - if they can stay healthy I think they can give the Warriors a run for it - that is if they don't trip up before then - the western conference is insanely deep.

Many of our cards hit the landfill too. That is why cards from the 70's and earlier are valuable, nobody kept them.

Warriors v. Spurs - that would (hopefully will) be must see tv.

mufan2003
03-17-2016, 11:25 AM
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/03/15/jabari-parker-milwaukee-bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-jason-kidd

Make sure to watch the rehab video on the quasi trampoline. I assume in the future Bucks players would be conducting their rehab at the new facility?

The tools for rehab and how quickly players are returning from significant injuries is truly remarkable. Seeing it in all sports. Despite the disappointing season, it is really fun to watch the maturation of Giannis and Parker.

Kidd Karma
03-22-2016, 01:55 PM
The tools for rehab and how quickly players are returning from significant injuries is truly remarkable. Seeing it in all sports. Despite the disappointing season, it is really fun to watch the maturation of Giannis and Parker.

Advances in the sciences has these guys back on the court faster than before. The season took off once the training wheels...the point guard ones that is, were removed from Giannis. I think having the ball in his hand, presents a bigger issue for the defense, versus Bayless, or MCW. Jabari and Giannis are the future of the Bucks, and what better way to get the chemistry going.