PDA

View Full Version : Big East final

MayorBeluga
03-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Texting with Gato who is a few rows behind the bench. He said The World's Most Famous Arena(tm) is electric. It's full and split 50-50 between Hall and Nova fans. Best possible final for fans given proximity since X would not have brought many additional fans. Years past it was often lopsided with fans - Cuse and UConn could take over.

Agree with one other point Gato texted: Big 14 is not like this. No one is like this. Other conferences cannot mimic the history and connection of the Big East as the soul of college hoops and their connection with The World's Most Famous Arena(tm). That's why the B14 tourney there next year will not have the same juice.

If you haven't been to the BET, you've got to go. Words don't do it justice, it just has to be experienced by every Marquette fan.

MU/Panther
03-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Don't need Gato to tell us that. You can feel the energy in the building!

Side not the B1G is in Washington, DC next year. 2018 in MSG.

MUAlphaBangura
03-12-2016, 05:14 PM
Ok,Ok..... I'll go next year!

CaribouJim
03-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Nova's possible #1 seed is going down the drain. Whitehead on fire.

Nukem2
03-12-2016, 05:15 PM
SHU is putting on a show. Nova may lose its one seed.

Markedman
03-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Seton Hall moving on up though. If they win will probably have Nova as a 2, X as a 2/3 and Hall in the 5/6 area.

MayorBeluga
03-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Fox's coverage has been awesome. Love the way they broadcast the national anthem and intros. They are treating the tournament as the event it is.

Also, anyone else notice that when they show Molly McGrath, her blinks spell out "Caribou Jim" in morse code? Or at least that's what Caribou was telling me.

Markedman
03-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Why isn't Whitehead in any of the mock drafts?

Chris Mack: "'[Whitehead's] a monster, he's the best player in the league. I voted for him. He is the real freaking deal."

MU/Panther
03-12-2016, 05:58 PM
Oh oh, here comes the Gus effect!

TedBaxter
03-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Why isn't Whitehead in any of the mock drafts?

Chris Mack: "'[Whitehead's] a monster, he's the best player in the league. I voted for him. He is the real freaking deal."

Kind of Wade-like at the same age. Ankle breaker with passing ability.

CaribouJim
03-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Fox's coverage has been awesome. Love the way they broadcast the national anthem and intros. They are treating the tournament as the event it is.

Also, anyone else notice that when they show Molly McGrath, her blinks spell out "Caribou Jim" in morse code? Or at least that's what Caribou was telling me.

True

CaribouJim
03-12-2016, 06:41 PM
What a freakin' game!

MU/Panther
03-12-2016, 06:46 PM
That was an awesome game! I pitty anyone who missed that.

CaribouJim
03-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Great exposure for the Big East - close, exciting game with some studly athletes with a loud, loud, crowd. Will be interested to see the ratings.

No #1 seed for the BE though - I imagine 'Nova a 2 and X no worse than a 3 and the Hall no worse than a 5?

MUwarrior1090
03-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Great game. Really like this Seton Hall team. Their inexperience in the tournament worries me but they have size, shooting. Built for March.

Markedman
03-12-2016, 06:51 PM
What a game. Tough no call at the end for Nova. Sure looked like a foul.

I'm happy for Willard.....AD stuck with him when they could have let him go and the faith was rewarded.

MUwarrior1090
03-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Great exposure for the Big East - close, exciting game with some studly athletes with a loud, loud, crowd. Will be interested to see the ratings.

No #1 seed for the BE though - I imagine 'Nova a 2 and X no worse than a 3 and the Hall no worse than a 5?

I think Nova still gets a #1. MSU, Kansas UNC/UVA winner and Nova.

CaribouJim
03-12-2016, 06:55 PM
Great game. Really like this Seton Hall team. Their inexperience in the tournament worries me but they have size, shooting. Built for March.

Very, very entertaining team to watch - can see why they spanked the $hit out of MU twice.

CaribouJim
03-12-2016, 07:01 PM
I'm happy for Willard.....AD stuck with him when they could have let him go and the faith was rewarded.

I've done a 180 (not a 360) on Willard in the last week or so while he (and Wright) were talking trash on behalf of the Big East.

IrwinFletcher
03-12-2016, 07:07 PM
Whitehead has to be considered a lottery pick the way he has played the last few weeks. Struggles with decisions sometimes and may not have the outside shot some may want, but he is a stud.

How about Willards comments taking the trophy after the game. Says about Whitehead "I don't know if I will ever see him again....."

I think Willard realizes he may be gone.

Nukem2
03-12-2016, 07:13 PM
What a game. Tough no call at the end for Nova. Sure looked like a foul.

Yeah. Nova absorbed an awful lot of body hits in that game.

MU/Panther
03-12-2016, 07:18 PM
What a classic in the Soul of College Hoops!

MU/Panther
03-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Attendance tonight- 19,812

Gato78
03-12-2016, 08:43 PM
Mrs. Gato and I had the opportunity to be there tonight. It was a perfect storm for the conference. Nova fans came in from Philly and Seton Hall fans came in waves. All four corners were filled, only open seats were in the Chase Bridge. The place was on fire. I was at the UConn win with Kemba, the McNamara Syracuse run and the year Louisville won--this was the best final I have seen. This rivaled Friday night which has always been the best night--I think tonight was better. Refs were BIG EAST refs which means they sucked. Nova fans weren't happy and the Seton Hall fans were not above taunting them. What I can report is that the BIG EAST is in fine shape.

Markedman
03-12-2016, 09:13 PM
Lunardi has a potential Seton Hall/Monmouth matchup in Brooklyn. Pirates are a 6 seed, Hawks would have to win in Dayton to get there.

warriorfan4life
03-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Lunardi has a potential Seton Hall/Monmouth matchup in Brooklyn. Pirates are a 6 seed, Hawks would have to win in Dayton to get there.

I think that Hall is 1-2 seed lines higher then that. I thought that they were on 6-7 seed line border going into New York, and should climb a couple of seed lines after beating X and Nova on a neutral court.

mufan2003
03-12-2016, 09:58 PM
I was at the "Men of Christ" conference today at the Milwaukee Theatre. Great keynote speakers, I highly recommend it, this was my first year going.

Back to the topic, just finished watching the DVR of the BE title game. Wow, it lived up to all the comments in this thread. Seton Hall continues to ascend. Whitehead looking like a 6'4" Kemba Walker. Kevin Willard deserved Co-Coach of the Year. Time for the Big East to make some noise in the NCAA tournament.

mufan2003
03-12-2016, 10:09 PM
Mrs. Gato and I had the opportunity to be there tonight. It was a perfect storm for the conference. Nova fans came in from Philly and Seton Hall fans came in waves. All four corners were filled, only open seats were in the Chase Bridge. The place was on fire. I was at the UConn win with Kemba, the McNamara Syracuse run and the year Louisville won--this was the best final I have seen. This rivaled Friday night which has always been the best night--I think tonight was better. Refs were BIG EAST refs which means they sucked. Nova fans weren't happy and the Seton Hall fans were not above taunting them. What I can report is that the BIG EAST is in fine shape.

Good report Gato. Great to hear!

CaribouJim
03-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Waiting for Gottlieb at the Big 10 final half-time to again say that 'Nova should be a 3 seed.