PDA

View Full Version : Does this remind you of anything?

CaribouJim
03-08-2016, 03:45 PM
You probably don't even need a hint, but go back to the 2002-2003 post-season for MU.

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/andrew-bogut-doesnt-even-stick-around-to-see-if-stephen-1763454931

MUfan12
03-08-2016, 03:59 PM
Diener passing to Novak right before the four point play against Kentucky.

CaribouJim
03-08-2016, 04:02 PM
In my personal top 10 memories of MU b-ball. Jerome's tip-in vs. UNCC being #1.

MUMac
03-08-2016, 06:13 PM
It reminds me of the Mizzou OT. Diener passed to Novak, who was automatic, hitting every shot. Novak said that Diener told him to shoot every time he nodded his head. After the first two makes, he said Diener was just like a bobblehead bringing the ball up the court.

CaribouJim
03-08-2016, 09:59 PM
It reminds me of the Mizzou OT. Diener passed to Novak, who was automatic, hitting every shot. Novak said that Diener told him to shoot every time he nodded his head. After the first two makes, he said Diener was just like a bobblehead bringing the ball up the court.

That Mizzou game was insanely entertaining and that overtime - yikes! 20-10 right?

I think my memory is correct, but ND lost the game before us so we slid down a few rows to get better seats after that game. A few ND guys hung around and I remember they were blown away by the game and when it was clear that MU was going to win they turned around and gave us an approving nod. Thank God MU beat The Cross on Thursday!!

IWB
03-08-2016, 10:42 PM
I sat two rows behind hoop for both games. I remember walking up the aisle after the Holy Cross game getting stopped every two rows byizzou fans, all of them asking if Diener really was that good or was it just his night?

That whole tourney, it was someone different every game.