PDA

View Full Version : GB radio announcer ejected

MUBasketball
03-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Have you guys seen this? I've heard him do two radio interviews today about this. He just said he's been doing radio for GB games for 7 years and he's never seen this ref before. He did his research after the game and sounds like he does more big conference games. Came in throwing his weight around apparently. The ego of these guys is getting out of control.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2016/03/07/green-bay-announcer-ejected-horizon-league/81463358/

MU/Panther
03-08-2016, 03:02 PM
http://media.1057fmthefan.com/a/113945233/03-08-16-matt-menzel-joins-chuck-and-wickett.htm

Matt seems like a good guy. Does tons of games on TWCSC.

MUfan12
03-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Pat Adams. Total clown, loves the spotlight. He's the one that gave Humphries a T at the end of the Kentucky-Texas A&M game a couple weeks ago.

TheSultan
03-08-2016, 05:21 PM
That is absolutely ridiculous. Good lord.

MU/Panther
03-09-2016, 10:51 AM
Here is the audio
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/green-bay-announcer-temporarily-ejected-from-horizon-league-semifinal.html

MUfan12
03-09-2016, 11:00 AM
Here is the audio
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/green-bay-announcer-temporarily-ejected-from-horizon-league-semifinal.html

He should be done for the season after that. Unacceptable behavior for a referee.

MUwarrior1090
03-09-2016, 11:19 AM
He should be done for the season after that. Unacceptable behavior for a referee.

Seriously...that audio was completely harmless.

IWB
03-09-2016, 07:21 PM
I didn't see it, didn't hear it, but heard that it wasn't what the guy said, but the fact that he kept waving his arms. ref warned him earlier, then tossed him. I guess I would like to know where he was seated - by the official scorers? Did the ref see him waving and blow his whistle a few times because he thought there was a problem or that TV wanted him to stop? Might make a difference.

MUMac
03-10-2016, 08:11 AM
I didn't see it, didn't hear it, but heard that it wasn't what the guy said, but the fact that he kept waving his arms. ref warned him earlier, then tossed him. I guess I would like to know where he was seated - by the official scorers? Did the ref see him waving and blow his whistle a few times because he thought there was a problem or that TV wanted him to stop? Might make a difference.

I recommend you listen to the broadcast on the link. Your premise does not hold water and had you listened to it first, doubt you would have come to that premise.

Frankly, it is embarrassing to have officials like that. There are far too many of them, though.

2012Warrior
03-10-2016, 08:31 AM
He said he talks with his hands and the ref thought he was reacting to a bad call. The fact the Horizon League president reacted so quickly to send him back out there says a lot.

IWB
03-10-2016, 08:32 AM
I recommend you listen to the broadcast on the link. Your premise does not hold water and had you listened to it first, doubt you would have come to that premise.

Frankly, it is embarrassing to have officials like that. There are far too many of them, though.

My premise? I was simply asking a question. The first report online said that the official complained that he kept waiving his arms. I simply asked where he was seated in relation to the official scorers.

MUfan12
03-10-2016, 08:35 AM
My premise? I was simply asking a question. The first report online said that the official complained that he kept waiving his arms. I simply asked where he was seated in relation to the official scorers.

On the video it was hard to spot him. Certainly didn't see anyone by the scorers table gesticulating wildly.

IWB
03-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Got my answer - looking at the video, looks like he was at the press table a row behind the scorers table. Not exactly a spot that the ref should be concerned about at all.

MUMac
03-10-2016, 09:10 AM
Got my answer - looking at the video, looks like he was at the press table a row behind the scorers table. Not exactly a spot that the ref should be concerned about at all.

You are correct. That was where he was. Wasn't demonstrative, either. That is why I told you to check the link. As I said, I doubt you would have questioned or commented if you had done that first. It was fairly obvious to me by both the audio and video on the link that the announcer was not at fault and the official way, way, way overreacted.

IWB
03-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Can't tell if he was demonstrative, you can't see him in the video, just able to tell where he is located by where the press table is at.