PDA

View Full Version : Giannis Antetokounmpo blossoming with the ball

CaribouJim
03-08-2016, 01:36 PM
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/03/08/giannis-antetokounmpo-milwaukee-bucks-jason-kidd-kobe-bryant

mufansince72
03-13-2016, 09:56 PM
Another triple double tonight. Almost had one in the first half. When is it time to sign him to a long term contract extension?

mufansince72
03-14-2016, 01:23 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/115214/giannis-etches-himself-into-bucks-history-with-another-triple-double

Goose85
03-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Giannis with some good games of late, but I am just as encouraged by Parker. He really seems to now be playing with confidence, and confidence in the knee, as he has been making some explosive plays. Now scoring and playing like what we fans thought when he was drafted.

Giannis with the ball in his hands does give the Bucks some decisions to make in the off season.

mufansince72
03-14-2016, 09:44 AM
Giannis with some good games of late, but I am just as encouraged by Parker. He really seems to now be playing with confidence, and confidence in the knee, as he has been making some explosive plays. Now scoring and playing like what we fans thought when he was drafted.

Giannis with the ball in his hands does give the Bucks some decisions to make in the off season.

I think the primary plan should be that he plays most of his time at point forward. What is funny is that a guy like Brandon Jennings, a shoot first point guard would probably work really good along side Giannis now. Giannis could be the primary ball handler and Jennings could be the additional shooter the Bucks are missing. When Giannis is on the bench Jennings could run the traditional point.

Goose85
03-14-2016, 09:59 AM
I think the primary plan should be that he plays most of his time at point forward. What is funny is that a guy like Brandon Jennings, a shoot first point guard would probably work really good along side Giannis now. Giannis could be the primary ball handler and Jennings could be the additional shooter the Bucks are missing. When Giannis is on the bench Jennings could run the traditional point.

Anyone in the draft around pick 10 or so that you think could be successful in such a role?

mufansince72
03-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Not that I can think of.

mufan2003
03-14-2016, 10:18 PM
Draft Express, updated today, has the Bucks taking Buddy Hield at #9. Henry going at #8. Have Giannis in essence play PG, like he is now, and play Hield at the 2, Middleton at the 3 and Parker at the 4. Hield and Middleton stretch the floor offensively, give open lanes for Giannis and Parker to attack the rim. If Hield is gone and Henry still available, you could have a lineup of Giannis, Middleton, Parker and Henry at the 1-4 positions. The nice thing about Hield, he should be able to contribute right away, not as sure about Henry.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

mufan2003
03-14-2016, 10:24 PM
Draft Express, which is respected, does not have Isaiah Whitehead being drafted. I am fairly confident Whitehead has every intention to go pro after his season is over. A little concerning he is not on the radar. Although the BE tournament may have opened a lot of eyes and the mock drafts are slow to recognize that?

Goose85
03-15-2016, 08:23 AM
Draft Express, which is respected, does not have Isaiah Whitehead being drafted. I am fairly confident Whitehead has every intention to go pro after his season is over. A little concerning he is not on the radar. Although the BE tournament may have opened a lot of eyes and the mock drafts are slow to recognize that?

I haven't seen Whitehead on any mock drafts, but have seen guys like Nigel Hayes in the second round. Like most guys I think Whitehead needs another year, especially if he wants to be considered a point guard. Not sure he is a first round point guard, don't think he has the outside shot to be a shooting guard, but the guy can play. Hope he gives the Hall one more year.

IWB
03-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Mock Drafts as of 3/15

Draft Express:
Rd 1: Demetrius Jackson, 6'1 PG, Jr - Notre Dame
Rd 2: Nigel Hayes, 6'8 PF, Jr - Wisconsin
Rd 2: Monte Morris, 6'3 PG, Jr - Iowa State

Hoops Hype:
Rd 1: Ivan Rabb, 6'10 PF, Fr - California

ESPN:
Rd 1: Kris Dunn, 6'4 PG, Jr - Providence

SI:
Rd 1: Jakob Poeltl, 7'1 C, Soph - Utah

Draft.Net:
Rd 1: Ivan Rabb, 6'10 PF, Fr - California
Rd 2: Tyler Ulis, 5'9 PG, So - Kentucky
Rd 2: Gary Peyton Jr, 6'2 G, Sr - Oregon State

Kidd Karma
03-22-2016, 02:21 PM

Agreed, when he rolled along side OJ, it kept the floor spread with that extra shooter in there. An extra lane opened up, creating more options. In addition Jenning's ability to create would be a major benefit, when Giannis needs a rest.