PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to coach Crean

Markedman
03-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Tom Crean was voted Big Ten Coach of the Year by both the coaches and the media. #iubb

Nukem2
03-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Congrats as we'll. Yeah, we all disliked how he left. But, he was really good for MU. Sure he has his limitations, but that's the human condition. Again, congrats.

CaribouJim
03-07-2016, 10:53 PM
I would imagine Buzz would get some votes for the ACC COY as well.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-09-2016, 06:06 AM
Great season for Crean, but surprised Gard didn't get it. What he did with the Badgers after how Bo left the program has me in awe. Great coaching job.

MUMac
03-09-2016, 08:12 AM
Great season for Crean, but surprised Gard didn't get it. What he did with the Badgers after how Bo left the program has me in awe. Great coaching job.

Same could be said for what Crean did after losing Yogi Ferrell. Especially after their NC record. He turned the season around on the backs of his freshman class.

Markedman
03-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Mac did you mean someone else? Crean didn't lose Yogi.

They did have some injuries......Lost Blackman IIRC

Nukem2
03-09-2016, 10:38 AM
Same could be said for what Crean did after losing Yogi Ferrell. Especially after their NC record. He turned the season around on the backs of his freshman class.
Think you mean James Blackmon.

MUMac
03-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Think you mean James Blackmon.

Yep. Brain fart.

IWB
03-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Story time:

12 years ago I was traveling for work in Indiana. Hotel room got a copy of the Indy newspaper. In it was an article blasting recruiting experts, primarily Clark Francis because he just published his list of top 5th graders in the nation. 5TH GRADERS!!

Article went on to say it's too early, let kids be kids etc.

I thought it was ridiculois so I intentionally kept the paper stashed away thinking, "Yeah right, let's see where this top 5th grader is come college time."

I thought about it about a year ago and dug it out.

Yogi Ferrell.

Good call Clark

CaribouJim
03-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Story time:

12 years ago I was traveling for work in Indiana. Hotel room got a copy of the Indy newspaper. In it was an article blasting recruiting experts, primarily Clark Francis because he just published his list of top 5th graders in the nation. 5TH GRADERS!!

Article went on to say it's too early, let kids be kids etc.

I thought it was ridiculois so I intentionally kept the paper stashed away thinking, "Yeah right, let's see where this top 5th grader is come college time."

I thought about it about a year ago and dug it out.

Yogi Ferrell.

Good call Clark

Creepy and cool at the same time...

ge1974
03-12-2016, 03:20 PM
He had Austin Rivers as one of the best 5th graders, as well but that was an easy evaluation due to Austin's pedigree.

Is Clark Francis still in business? I was a lifetime subscriber to the Hoop Scoop but his website went dark 10 or so years ago.

AlexJesswein
03-12-2016, 03:48 PM
He had Austin Rivers as one of the best 5th graders, as well but that was an easy evaluation due to Austin's pedigree.

Is Clark Francis still in business? I was a lifetime subscriber to the Hoop Scoop but his website went dark 10 or so years ago.

http://www.hoopscooponline.com/members/classof2011-6thGrade.html

Matt Carlino as the top 6th grader