PDA

View Full Version : MCW done for season

IWB
03-07-2016, 12:58 PM
MEDICAL UPDATE ON MICHAEL CARTER-WILLIAMS

Milwaukee Bucks guard Michael Carter-Williams will undergo season-ending surgery on Thursday (Mar. 10) to repair the torn labrum in his left hip, General Manager John Hammond announced today. Surgery will be performed by Dr. Marc Philippon at The Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colo. Recovery time for Carter-Williams is expected to be three months.

In 54 games (37 starts) this season, Carter-Williams has averaged 11.5 points, 5.1 rebounds, a team-high 5.2 assists and 1.48 steals in 30.5 minutes per contest.

mufan2003
03-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Not much has gone MCW's way. Not necessarily a bad thing for the Bucks, who are now letting Giannis initiate the offense and has played very well in that role.

CaribouJim
03-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Not much has gone MCW's way. Not necessarily a bad thing for the Bucks, who are now letting Giannis initiate the offense and has played very well in that role.

I still think there is a good player in there somewhere although I don't know the precedent of how players recover from that type of injury.

In any event, here is MCW in a drill that I have never seen:

http://www.stack.com/video/4443863607001/180-360-jumpshot-shooting-drills-with-michael-carter-williams

Kidd Karma
03-22-2016, 02:32 PM
I'd push MCW into the 6th man role, even shifting him to 2 guard to get him out of the PG mind set. Tell him to attack the cup at every opportunity. His shot just isn't good enough to help us spread the floor with Giannis as the point forward.