PDA

View Full Version : Despite the loss still a great day!

Gato78
03-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Just ignore today's game and focus on Bo Ryan's comeuppance. Look at his statement to, of course, Andy Katz. He acts as if his 5+ year affair was no big deal. He did nothing wrong and his wife is strong. He goes on to say he retired to give Greg Gard the job and that his retirement is entirely unrelated to his banging on the side, you know, because the University investigation determined that he didn't commit the crime of Misconduct in Public Office. This guy is a first class *******--just to even make a statement today. Moreover, his world of morality makes him the good guy because he went back to his wife AND he is so selfless, he retired to give Gard the job. Give me a frickin' break. Mrs. Gato, speaking as a woman, said this will cause the other woman/women to take this up a notch. Just think, the University is doing an investigation of his whole mistress situation while they were on the Final Four run. If he really had a mistress at the FF as has been rumored, that would be so incredibly ballsy. Then, with all of this in the background, he fails to credit Duke and, rather, says UW does it the right way without one and dones like Duke--WHILE AN INVESTIGATION INTO HIS OWN wrong doing is going on! This is just beautiful. Bucky gets to its first NC game in the modern era and it will forever be tainted. How could this get any better?

AlexJesswein
03-05-2016, 04:29 PM
I don't give a rat's a** about the badgers. Not a great day.

kneelb4zerg
03-05-2016, 04:33 PM
Come on man. This is weak.

Nukem2
03-05-2016, 04:39 PM
It's embarrassing for Bo and Bucky, yes. But it's already yesterday's news and he is not the first philanderer in college BB. Still not a great day for MU. Though, I must say that Diamond Stone must have been duly impressed by Bo's family values when Bo brought his wife along to see Diamond play last year.

Gato78
03-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Not old news. This is confirmation of an investigation going on last season. Add to that, now the local media has to cover it because it has been on ESPN, not just Buzzfeed. Bo's reaction may initiate a bimbo eruption. It is all on the public table now. This is a big deal, now out in public, tainting the greatest achievement of our biggest rival.

Hamostradamus
03-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Come on man. This is weak.

What, you want to focus on the dumpster fire of our season instead?

MUMac
03-05-2016, 04:48 PM
It's embarrassing for Bo and Bucky, yes. But it's already yesterday's news and he is not the first philanderer in college BB. Still not a great day for MU. Though, I must say that Diamond Stone must have been duly impressed by Bo's family values when Bo brought his wife along to see Diamond play last year.

Yesterday's news to this board and others, but now that it is out in public, it changes the dynamics and dialogue. How much? Time will tell, but I suspect it will be a topic of discussion on air and in offices around the state.

That said, I cannot take an solace in the outing to replace the sour taste of the game.

IWB
03-05-2016, 04:50 PM
While it blows that MU lost, I am enjoying the news.

Old news? Yes, to us, but casual fans have no idea. I have many Badger friends that still didn't believe me, or others who are from Zmadison and had never even heard about it.

Media attacks MU when players are underage in a bar, but cover up wasted recruit stories and this Bo fiasco. No more hiding now - it's just getting started.

MayorBeluga
03-05-2016, 04:50 PM
The media in Wisconsin will spin this as old news and accept the BS offered by the government school's PR flacks.

Nukem2
03-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Bo has done nothing illegal. Non fans will just say tsk, tsk...what a dirty old man is Bo Ryan. Doubt that Madison or Milwaukee media will pick up on this as it really is not newsworthy. If they do, it's just a momentary embarrassment. It could have beens newsworthy if Bo was still coach. Obviously that is why he retired when he did.

Hamostradamus
03-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Bo has done nothing illegal. Non fans will just say tsk, tsk...what a dirty old man is Bo Ryan. Doubt that Madison or Milwaukee media will pick up on this as it really is not newsworthy. If they do, it's just a momentary embarrassment. It could have beens newsworthy if Bo was still coach. Obviously that is why he retired when he did.

Technically, Adultery is a felony in Wisconsin. But whatevs.

Gato78
03-05-2016, 04:58 PM
JS Online has been mute on this today. Would love to hear that discussion in the Journal building.

IrwinFletcher
03-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Things have spiraled downward for Pitino when it came out about his Italien Restaurant love affair, right?

Seeing the press will cover this up, it won't be a big deal other than for us Warrior fans.

I would have preferred a W today.

kneelb4zerg
03-05-2016, 05:15 PM
What, you want to focus on the dumpster fire of our season instead?

The game was a dumpster fire, not our season.

Hamostradamus
03-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Wisconsin State Journal is reporting the woman is Robin Van Ert, a massage therapist from Madison

Gato78
03-05-2016, 05:53 PM
JS now reporting. Apparently Potrykus knew this at least before the Holiday Bowl. He is being chided in the comments section for not reporting it.

Hamostradamus
03-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Great comment:

"I think this situation confirms that the Journal Sentinel and the State Journal are only extensions of the UW sports information office."

Question: Is there a moral turpitude clause in Bo's contract? Couldn't find a copy online (it is a public record). If so, it raises a whole host of questions: Did Barry know Bo violated his contract terms? If this isn't moral turpitude, what is? Are Bucky fans claiming this is the only mistress?

IWB
03-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Someone said Bo did nothing illegal - misuse of state funds is illegal. If she flew to Vegas with Bo on a state owned airplane, or on a private jet funded by state, that is misuse of funds and illegal.

Nukem2
03-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Someone said Bo did nothing illegal - misuse of state funds is illegal. If she flew to Vegas with Bo on a state owned airplane, or on a private jet funded by state, that is misuse of funds and illegal.
"if" is the question and I've raised that point a couple times during the past 5 months. I have not read everything, but is there evidence that you are referring to?

Gato78
03-05-2016, 07:52 PM
A the definitive account is on the Wisconsin State Journal website. She calls him a predator. She has hired a lawyer. I don't think this is near the end.

Nukem2
03-05-2016, 07:56 PM
A the definitive account is on the Wisconsin State Journal website. She calls him a predator. She has hired a lawyer. I don't think this is near the end.
That's a different personal issue for Bo. Certainly will have zero impact on UW basketball. We can all cheer Bo's demise. But that is it. Will help MU zero iota. We can laugh at our friends and have some fun. On the court, that's a different scenario.

MUMac
03-05-2016, 07:58 PM

I subscribe to the WSJ and for some reason get "Breaking News" emailed to me (I did not sign up for it). The "Breaking News" today was that bo was cleared of any wrongdoing, not the affair itself.

They are being brought into this kicking and screaming!

shaquilvaine
03-05-2016, 09:13 PM
I love how the journal sentinel headline is "Ryan did not misuse funds during extramarital affair." In other words... " we are good here... Nothing to see". Who cares that the affair went on 6 years and who cares it wasn't the only one. Oh and who cares that he continues to lie about it?

hall of fame coach and hall of fame a$$h_le

Nukem2
03-05-2016, 09:36 PM
I love how the journal sentinel headline is "Ryan did not misuse funds during extramarital affair." In other words... " we are good here... Nothing to see". Who cares that the affair went on 6 years and who cares it wasn't the only one. Oh and who cares that he continues to lie about it?

hall of fame coach and hall of fame a$$h_le
That's the rub. Bo has not been accused of anything other than adultery, which is still technically a "crime" ...but there is nothing else. All very embarrassing for Bo. But he is retired, so there is no real impact. All carefully orchestrated by Barry and Bo. Tomorrow it's yesterday's news. We can all chuckle about it with our Badger friends. Why Bo "retired" when he did. That's all folks. Will not impact Gard's recruiting one iota. Time to move on and let Bo figure out his life.

Halo
03-06-2016, 12:48 AM
It's out there now. Anyone think this was the only one?

MUAlphaBangura
03-06-2016, 07:37 AM
Gard's integrity may come into play regarding recruiting, especially in Wisconsin. If he keeps playing dumb about this whole situation...... it's obvious that he knew about it, yet makes no admission of that. Some people, especially recruit's parents, may question if they want their kid playing for someone who was an enabler to Ryan. May be stretching a bit, but regardless, not great for UW recruiting. Wonder if the Loserville situation has affected Pitino at all?

BLT
03-06-2016, 08:16 AM
This one from Schultz

The Badgers were playing poorly and had a 7-5 record when Ryan left. In an interview with the State Journal shortly after he resigned, in which he denied having an affair, Ryan said he was tired and didn’t want to coach this season but stayed on because Gard was dealing with the death of his father.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/basketball/men/uw-madison-investigated-bo-ryan-for-alleged-misconduct-amid-affair/article_7c288dd0-5c8d-5fcf-86af-176687535c82.html

TheSultan
03-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Gard's integrity may come into play regarding recruiting, especially in Wisconsin. If he keeps playing dumb about this whole situation...... it's obvious that he knew about it, yet makes no admission of that. Some people, especially recruit's parents, may question if they want their kid playing for someone who was an enabler to Ryan. May be stretching a bit, but regardless, not great for UW recruiting. Wonder if the Loserville situation has affected Pitino at all?

Pitino won the national championship post affair. So I doubt it.

DowntownSweeney
03-06-2016, 11:48 AM

+1
Let's hope this has legs.

MUAlphaBangura
03-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Pitino won the national championship post affair. So I doubt it.

But that was him personally. This time he exposed his potential student athletes to prostitution, imo, a totally different can of worms that most parents could never find tolerable.

TheSultan
03-06-2016, 12:12 PM
But that was him personally. This time he exposed his potential student athletes to prostitution, imo, a totally different can of worms that most parents could never find tolerable.

Ah OK. I thought you were referencing his affair.

Gato78
03-06-2016, 05:06 PM
JS Online scrubbed the Bo article from its page. What?

Hamostradamus
03-06-2016, 06:19 PM
It doesn't appear on the page, but if you enter "Bo Ryan" in the js search bar, this comes up:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/national/ncaa/wisconsin-clears-retired-bo-ryan-over-affair-allegations-mjsurnpublicidaporg5ae54bce2dc643e09e6b5345-371174041.html

Interesting, it is far smaller than the last one and the byline is now AP, not Potrykus. Hmmmmm.....

IWB
03-06-2016, 07:09 PM
The JS automatically has a AP feed, so they probably couldn't have bounced the AP story.

Amazing that they entire Milwaukee media attacks MU for players being in a bar underage, but scraps a national story to protect Bo/UW.

IWB
03-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Obviously you can't be sure what's true and what isn't at this point, but it was on these boards about the massage therapist several months ago and that turned out to be true. We also heard that two other women were department employees, including Tara Selah.

Point is, why do the UW releases make a point that the woman was "not a department employee"? Its a press release, so they weren't asked, so why would they feel the need to specify that in the release? Because they want to get this one out there to try and kill it before it gets a lot worse, which it may.

MayorBeluga
03-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Obviously you can't be sure what's true and what isn't at this point, but it was on these boards about the massage therapist several months ago and that turned out to be true. We also heard that two other women were department employees, including Tara Selah.

Point is, why do the UW releases make a point that the woman was "not a department employee"? Its a press release, so they weren't asked, so why would they feel the need to specify that in the release? Because they want to get this one out there to try and kill it before it gets a lot worse, which it may.

Because technically they are correct: THIS woman was not a department employee.

Gato78
03-06-2016, 07:59 PM
I think from the investigator's standpoint, it was important to note it was not an investigation into workplace discrimination.