PDA

View Full Version : Is This Game Fixed?

ge1974
03-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Sorry, but I have to wonder. At the end of the Villanova-Georgetown game and at the beginning of the MU-Butler game the network already had us locked for 7th place in the bracket (not true if we would win today). It makes me wonder if the Big East told these officials to make sure Butler wins this game so they can get into the NCAAs. The calls the refs made to put us in such a hole from behind were inexcusable. Talk about home cooking. I know Marquette has not played well buy they are playing more than 5 guys on the floor. They have been playing eight.

John Cahill should be fired as head of Big East officiating. The refs have to be held more accountable and so should Cahill. If Commissioner Val Ackerman doesn't have teh balls to fire him then she should be fired.

TheSultan
03-05-2016, 02:45 PM
I've never checked, but I don't think Val has balls at all.

ge1974
03-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Just an expression Mr Know-It-All

TheSultan
03-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Lighten up dude.

ge1974
03-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Up yours, DUDE

TheSultan
03-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Oh. I get it now.

You actually expected people to take your fixed question seriously.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

ge1974
03-05-2016, 03:03 PM
You are really, really immature. Grow-up

TheSultan
03-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Who started calling who names??? Hint: not me.

ge1974
03-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Well, I would have thought you' d like that name, Mr Know-It-All. At least I didn't call you an arrogant, narcissistic a-whole. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!.

TheSultan
03-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Did you wear a tin foil hat when you typed all these posts? Or just the first one?

MUMac
03-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Who started calling who names??? Hint: not me.

Well, you did with me. Don't act so self righteous.

79warrior
03-05-2016, 03:34 PM
Sorry, but I have to wonder. At the end of the Villanova-Georgetown game and at the beginning of the MU-Butler game the network already had us locked for 7th place in the bracket (not true if we would win today). It makes me wonder if the Big East told these officials to make sure Butler wins this game so they can get into the NCAAs. The calls the refs made to put us in such a hole from behind were inexcusable. Talk about home cooking. I know Marquette has not played well buy they are playing more than 5 guys on the floor. They have been playing eight.

John Cahill should be fired as head of Big East officiating. The refs have to be held more accountable and so should Cahill. If Commissioner Val Ackerman doesn't have teh balls to fire him then she should be fired.

Yes. The phone call came in about 20 minutes before the game started.

Gato78
03-05-2016, 03:49 PM
I will say we walked into a hostile environment and it fed on itself relative to the refs. GE brings up a great point and it thoroughly irritated me throughout this game from the beginning to the end. The announcers kept talking about what this game meant to Butler. IT MEANT ALMOST THE EXACT SAME THING TO MARQUETTE. Position in the BIG EAST tournament was exactly the same for us as them but it was never mentioned. DItto on the NCAA tourney. We were trying to get in a bubble position but all they talked about was how the outcome affected Butler's position. So when things started turning bad on the floor in the first half, those yo-yos were pissing me off and coupled with the pathetically bad officiating, I can certainly see how it looks like the whole world was working against us. That officiating crew was the worst we have seen this year--and that is saying a whole lot. Either Cahil gets rid of a lot of officials after this year or he looks for new work. The zebras took us out of this game in the first half. Period.

ge1974
03-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Half-kidding, I guess, with starting this thread. The Big East and Marquette certainly deserved better officiating than the three clowns we got today. Shame on the Big East, John Cahill, Stu Jackson and Val Ackerman for hiring them. One of the worst officiated games I have ever seen and I have been watching college basketball since 1960. Not saying the refs are why we lost but their employment by the Big East did not give us a fair chance to win today.

TheSultan
03-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Well, you did with me. Don't act so self righteous.

Actually I thought you'd like the name Mr. Angry. It usually is your persona around here.

My apologies if I offended.

MUMac
03-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Actually I thought you'd like the name Mr. Angry. It usually is your persona around here.

My apologies if I offended.

Then why were you offended by "Mr. Know it All"? Afterall, that is your persona around here. Well, among other things, to which ge touched on just a few.

TheSultan
03-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Then why were you offended by "Mr. Know it All"? Afterall, that is your persona around here. Well, among other things, to which ge touched on just a few.

I wasn't offended. Merely bemused.

MUMac
03-05-2016, 05:13 PM
I wasn't offended. Merely bemused.

To be truthful, I knew I made a gratuitous cheap shot at you in the heat of the game. Frustration with the play and officiating got the better of me. I came back to the board and planned to take it down or apologize, but then saw your name calling. Thought better of it after that attack.

79warrior
03-05-2016, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=ge1974;118699]Sorry, but I have to wonder. At the end of the Villanova-Georgetown game and at the beginning of the MU-Butler game the network already had us locked for 7th place in the bracket (not true if we would win today). It makes me wonder if the Big East told these officials to make sure Butler wins this game so they can get into the NCAAs. The calls the refs made to put us in such a hole from behind were inexcusable. Talk about home cooking. I know Marquette has not played well buy they are playing more than 5 guys on the floor. They have been playing eight.

John Cahill should be fired as head of Big East officiating. The refs have to be held more accountable and so should Cahill. If Commissioner Val Ackerman doesn't have teh balls to fire him then she should be fired.[/QUOTE

Your post is a typical response from the fans of the losing team. The home cooking led to 23 fouls on EACH team. Imagine that. Geez, we got our asses whipped. Plain and simple.

ge1974
03-05-2016, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=ge1974;118699]Sorry, but I have to wonder. At the end of the Villanova-Georgetown game and at the beginning of the MU-Butler game the network already had us locked for 7th place in the bracket (not true if we would win today). It makes me wonder if the Big East told these officials to make sure Butler wins this game so they can get into the NCAAs. The calls the refs made to put us in such a hole from behind were inexcusable. Talk about home cooking. I know Marquette has not played well buy they are playing more than 5 guys on the floor. They have been playing eight.

John Cahill should be fired as head of Big East officiating. The refs have to be held more accountable and so should Cahill. If Commissioner Val Ackerman doesn't have teh balls to fire him then she should be fired.[/QUOTE

Your post is a typical response from the fans of the losing team. The home cooking led to 23 fouls on EACH team. Imagine that. Geez, we got our asses whipped. Plain and simple.

Early on in the game the fouls were like 10 on Marquette and 3 on Butler. It put us in a hole; plus putting Luke on the bench. We had to play way uphill the entire game and that's tough for a young team on the road. The fouls may eventually evened out at the end after the game was out of reach. I said in another thread that the officiating was not the reason Butler won (just reduced our chances at winning).

NOTE: I complained about the officiating of the Creighton road game which we won last week, too. Big East officiating has been atrociousness all season. In fact, very poor since the new Big East began.

Nukem2
03-05-2016, 06:56 PM
To be fair, the officiating in the old BE was criticized roundly as well. B E just has had bad refs, new BE orlon. Need more Driscoll's (w/o the double technicals ).

MUMac
03-05-2016, 07:15 PM
To be fair, the officiating in the old BE was criticized roundly as well. B E just has had bad refs, new BE orlon. Need more Driscoll's (w/o the double technicals ).

What I did not like about the old BE officiating was a couple of the officials, who were too old and should have retired, and that they allowed far too much body on shots, but called touch fouls above. That said, they were light years ahead of what we are seeing today.

Nukem2
03-05-2016, 07:52 PM
What I did not like about the old BE officiating was a couple of the officials, who were too old and should have retired, and that they allowed far too much body on shots, but called touch fouls above. That said, they were light years ahead of what we are seeing today.
I think we saw a lot of the same posts. Yeah, those 2 old guys were ripped. But we were talking about the current BE ref commish running like a girl and on and on. Same old same old. I've always been more impressed with the refs in other conferences. I watched a number of games today and the refs in non-BE games were much more consistent and simply Better in calling the game. Our BE teams are going to have trouble again in the NCAAs due to the allowance of physical play in the BE.

MUMac
03-05-2016, 07:56 PM
I think we saw a lot of the same posts. Yeah, those 2 old guys were ripped. But we were talking about the current BE ref commish running like a girl and on and on. Same old same old. I've always been more impressed with the refs in other conferences. I watched a number of games today and the refs in non-BE games were much more consistent and simply Better in calling the game. Our BE teams are going to have trouble again in the NCAAs due to the allowance of physical play in the BE.

Yes, we are homers and see things one sided. That said, I did feel the old BE was fairly officiated. I do not feel that way with this edition (and I believe MU has benefited at times from the inconsistent officiating.)

mufan2003
03-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Donny Marshall did the Seton Hall/Butler game earlier this week, said the officiating was inconsistent. Sometimes a foul on one end but not the other. He thought it was frustrating, and he is an impartial observer.

TheSultan
03-05-2016, 10:45 PM
To be truthful, I knew I made a gratuitous cheap shot at you in the heat of the game. Frustration with the play and officiating got the better of me. I came back to the board and planned to take it down or apologize, but then saw your name calling. Thought better of it after that attack.

Honestly I don't care. I find it humorous.