PDA

View Full Version : 9!

Phantom Warrior
03-02-2016, 01:01 AM
As in 9 turnovers.

And one of those 9 was an offensive foul (hooking) on Luke. So, in terms of actually turning the ball over, we had 8!

What is really amazing is that we shot 62% from the field and 77% from the line, out-rebounded the Hoyas by one, had more assists than GTown, took twice as many free throws as GTown and made 10 more from the line than the Hoyas did, and still Luke had to knock down two free throws at the end to win by one.

Djgoldnboy
03-02-2016, 08:38 AM
That's what happens when you let a guy go off for 30+ on you. Contain him a little in the second half and it's a different (easier) outcome.

TheSultan
03-02-2016, 08:42 AM
There were two offense fouls. JJJ had a charge.

IWB
03-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Only 3 turnovers in the first half. I hear what you are saying, statistically it looks like MU should have been up more, but the stat that made it closer was the 3pt makes - G'Town had 7 more made 3s than MU.

Djgoldnboy
03-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Only 3 turnovers in the first half. I hear what you are saying, statistically it looks like MU should have been up more, but the stat that made it closer was the 3pt makes - G'Town had 7 more made 3s than MU.

They almost had one more, I was fully convinced from the way it looked on TV (and our tendency it seems to be on the losing end of nut busting big shots) that the last second shot was going in.

IWB
03-02-2016, 09:11 AM
I hear you DJ, can't bieve how close that was!

Nukem2
03-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Yes, that shot looked awfully good from my angle. What is amazing is that he got that shot off with just 1.2 seconds on the clock. Our shot clock guy needs to be faster like that one on the road recently recently when Luke could not get off a close shot with just under a second to go..... ;)

MU/Panther
03-02-2016, 11:35 AM
I saw at halftime and said, wow only 3 turnovers, that explains how MU can get 50 points!

MUwarrior1090
03-02-2016, 12:35 PM
They almost had one more, I was fully convinced from the way it looked on TV (and our tendency it seems to be on the losing end of nut busting big shots) that the last second shot was going in.

I sit at the bottom of the corner section behind the play (407) so we had a perfect view on that shot. It looked like it was in the whole way. Basically had a heart attack for the 2.5 seconds that the ball was in the air.

2012Warrior
03-02-2016, 04:01 PM
From my view in 427, it looked way off and then all of a sudden it bounced off the rim and we let out a sigh of relief. On the other side of the coin, when Bentil missed a late three badly in the PC game, we thought it went in. Everyone else went nuts and we let out a few choice words until realizing it was a miss. The life of an MU fan. Always expect the worst until the clocks reads zero, and then double check to make sure we didn't miss a foul call.

IWB
03-02-2016, 04:31 PM
The life of an MU fan. Always expect the worst until the clocks reads zero, and then double check to make sure we didn't miss a foul call.

That's awesome.

ge1974
03-02-2016, 04:36 PM
I had thoughts of Roosevelt Jones of Butler when that shot was in the air.