PDA

View Full Version : Updated Big East Tournament bracket (it's looking better!)

MUBasketball
02-25-2016, 09:45 PM
Through 2/25 games:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d15/MUBasketball/BE%20Tourney%202-25-16.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/MUBasketball/media/BE%20Tourney%202-25-16.jpg.html)

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-25-2016, 10:55 PM
I really want to avoid Seton Hall in our first game. I'd be very happy in that 4/5 game, no matter the seed.

MUwarrior1090
02-25-2016, 10:57 PM
I really want to avoid Seton Hall in our first game. I'd be very happy in that 4/5 game, no matter the seed.

Yep. And I think anyone other than SJU/DePaul has a shot against Nova/Xavier....getting the 4 or 5 would avoid SHU and give someone else a chance to knock off Nova before we'd have to face them.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-25-2016, 11:08 PM
Agreed. Georgetown is weird and schizophrenic enough to be able to pull off an upset. 3-8 in their last 11, but 6/8 losses were by single digits. Just need it to bounce right for one game (and hopefully not against us).

Nukem2
02-26-2016, 09:28 AM
Even if MU had won those deflating DePaul and Creighton home games, we would still be in the 4/5 game. Our young Warriors have their destiny in their own hands.

MUBasketball
02-26-2016, 10:24 AM
Even if MU had won those deflating DePaul and Creighton home games, we would still be in the 4/5 game. Our young Warriors have their destiny in their own hands.

But, MU would have breathing room. Awfully crowded in the standings right now, and by the skin of their teeth they win the tiebreakers...for now. Very likely still will have to play on Wednesday night once the season ends. If that's the case, those DePaul & Creighton were killers.

21rooster
02-26-2016, 11:26 AM
It's only very likely that they play on Wednesday if you think it's very likely they go 1-2 or 0-3 over the next three. I think they're watching games on Wednesday if they go 2-1.

2-1 with loss to Nova, wins vs. Hoyas and Butler: MU is 9-9, and still better than both in mini-conference. MU is 2-0 vs. Butler.

2-1 with loss to Hoyas, wins vs. Nova and Butler: Hoyas pass MU by beating both Butler and Nova, which would be an amazing finish for them. Hoyas also could pass MU if they beat Butler or Nova, putting them in a tie with MU at 9-9. If nobody else is 9-9, advantage Hoyas. As long as someone else is 9-9, I believe it goes to mini-conference, where it would be close depending on the other team(s). Butler is behind MU in head-to-head and mini-conference. Providence only moves ahead of MU if it goes 3-0, including a win versus Creighton. But if Creighton losses to Providence, Creighton would need to win at Xavier to remain ahead of a 2-1 MU. I like MU's chances in this scenario.

2-1 with loss to Butler, wins vs. Nova and Hoyas: Butler theoretically could have a better record than MU, but that would require that Butler beats both the Hoyas and Seton Hall. Even if Butler goes 3-0, MU has a decent chance of being above either Providence or Creighton based on the scenario above.

Now, I haven't looked into all the scenarios for mini-conferences, but it seems like MU is in a good position under most circumstances (assuming a 2-1 finish). I realize that MU will not be favored to win two of the three, but I still wouldn't say it's "very unlikely" that they do.