PDA

View Full Version : Not that it really matters but...

MUBasketball
02-24-2016, 11:25 PM
If Providence loses at Seton Hall tomorrow night, it will create a 4 team tie at 7-8 (Prov, Butler, G'Town, and Marquette).

That "mini-conference" would look like this:

Providence 4-2 (66.7%)
Butler 1-3 (25%)
G'Town 1-3 (25%)
MU 3-1 (75%)

In other words, Marquette would win tiebreakers against all three and would be in 5th place. 3-8 is a tight race so things can (and likely will) jumble around coming down the stretch but still interesting. Obviously the G'Town and Butler games are vital.

CaribouJim
02-25-2016, 09:20 AM
It matters, at least to me - have to grab onto anything positive at this point. To go 2-1 from here to go .500 in BE play and win 2 games in the BE tourney would be a nice comeback from where MU was just a few weeks ago. Don't know if that gets MU into the NIT, but I would think so.

Still pumped about the 'Nova game Saturday...they will still technically be #1!!!

Awilhelmscream
02-25-2016, 11:13 AM
If we can pull the upset against Nova I think the BE Tourney could get interesting. Assuming we avoid SH all together.

CaribouJim
02-25-2016, 11:28 AM
If we can pull the upset against Nova I think the BE Tourney could get interesting. Assuming we avoid SH all together.

...but I think we can rely on Willard to eff it up for the Hall somehow! He is my personal least liked coach in the BE - I'm sure he is a nice guy, but he just bugs me for some reason.

21rooster
02-25-2016, 12:15 PM
To take it a step further, fourth-place Creighton still has @Xavier and @ Providence on the schedule. Creighton is a game under .500 in the pool, with Providence remaining.

Nukem2
02-25-2016, 01:08 PM
It matters, at least to me - have to grab onto anything positive at this point. To go 2-1 from here to go .500 in BE play and win 2 games in the BE tourney would be a nice comeback from where MU was just a few weeks ago. Don't know if that gets MU into the NIT, but I would think so.

Still pumped about the 'Nova game Saturday...they will still technically be #1!!!
If MU wins against G-town and Butler and loses to Villanova and splits a pair of games in the BET (say SHU and PC), MU's projected RPI would be 86. I would say that would get them in to the NIT. 2 BET wins would ensure an NIT bid.