PDA

View Full Version : Big East Tournament bracket (through 2/21/16)

MUBasketball
02-21-2016, 06:02 PM
Movement since last Sunday:

Seton Hall +1
Butler +1
Creighton -1
Georgetown -1

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d15/MUBasketball/BE%20Tourney%202-21-16.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/MUBasketball/media/BE%20Tourney%202-21-16.jpg.html)

Nukem2
02-22-2016, 07:40 AM
Why would G-Town be the 7 seed at this point? Beat MU and have a better BE record.

MUBasketball
02-22-2016, 09:02 AM
Why would G-Town be the 7 seed at this point? Beat MU and have a better BE record.

Ummmmm yeah? MU is the 8 seed.

Nukem2
02-22-2016, 09:22 AM
Ummmmm yeah? MU is the 8 seed.Oops read that backward.

MUBasketball
02-22-2016, 09:31 AM
If St. John's beats DePaul this week to complete the sweep (especially likely if Garrett is out), assuming DePaul loses out then St. John's will win the tiebreaker and be the #9 seed. MU REALLY needs to get out of that 8 seed. Playing in the first game of the tournament on St. John's home floor trying to beat them a 3rd time? I don't like those odds. They aren't world beaters right now, but they are certainly much improved.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-22-2016, 10:34 AM
MU just needs to win. To be honest if we want to make the NIT (which should be the goal at this point), we probably need to win 3 out of our last 4 to feel comfortable, and that will be tough given who we play. If we are still sitting in the 8 or 9 seed come BET time I'm not sure it matters who we play or what side of the bracket we are on.

MUBasketball
02-22-2016, 10:52 AM
MU just needs to win. To be honest if we want to make the NIT (which should be the goal at this point), we probably need to win 3 out of our last 4 to feel comfortable, and that will be tough given who we play. If we are still sitting in the 8 or 9 seed come BET time I'm not sure it matters who we play or what side of the bracket we are on.

Why not win the tournament? :cool: If so, positioning in the bracket is vital. Avoiding that 8/9 game would be ideal.

MUBasketball
02-22-2016, 10:53 AM
By the way, had MU beaten Creighton, they'd be in Creighton's spot as the #4 right now. That is crazy!

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-22-2016, 11:04 AM
Why not win the tournament? :cool: If so, positioning in the bracket is vital. Avoiding that 8/9 game would be ideal.

It's all a moot point, if we win 3 out of 4 we will be off that 8 or 9 line because those wins will most likely come at the hands or Creighton, Butler, & Georgetown... Win those games and we most likely will vault into the top 5

TheSultan
02-22-2016, 11:08 AM

I would rather be on the bottom part of the bracket so we don't have a night game followed followed by a noon tipoff.

If we are #7, we would be able to wait until the evening. #6 would be better since we would avoid the first round entirely.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-22-2016, 11:12 AM
Yes but getting a higher seed means we won more games, I'd rather take the wins heading into the tournament then try and position ourselves in the tournament.