Nukem2
02-20-2016, 01:29 PM
Is Duane going to shoot today?

Nukem2
02-20-2016, 01:45 PM
Any one guarding Hamilton?

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-20-2016, 01:47 PM
11 point halftime lead, took advantage of a ton of DePaul turnovers.

Nukem2
02-20-2016, 01:52 PM
11 point halftime lead, took advantage of a ton of DePaul turnovers.
Lead should have been greater than 11....?

MUwarrior1090
02-20-2016, 01:59 PM
Lead should have been greater than 11....?

Maybe. But winning a half by 11 on the road is always good.

21rooster
02-20-2016, 02:05 PM
Jj's passing has been great lately.

Nukem2
02-20-2016, 02:15 PM
Jj's passing has been great lately.
JJ has had a nice game. Dribbled another one off his foot in transition...must lead the country in that. :)

Nukem2
02-20-2016, 02:28 PM
Any one guarding Hamilton?

Bump

Markedman
02-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Hamilton made some tough shots.

Cheatham with another man excellent game.

Didn't finish the game great and missed a bunch of free throws but a solid win on the road.

MUfan12
02-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Job done, hey?

It's hard not to watch Haanif and not get carried away. Has a great foundation to build from over the next few years. Offseason emphasis needs to be on his handle, and developing a pull-up jumper.

TheSultan
02-20-2016, 03:17 PM
Got a little sloppy at the end, but they laid the hammer down against a bad team. Good win.

MUMac
02-20-2016, 03:19 PM
Got a little sloppy at the end, but they laid the hammer down against a bad team. Good win.

I liked the start to the 2nd half. Took it to DePaul and eliminated any doubt.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-20-2016, 04:37 PM
Job done, hey?

It's hard not to watch Haanif and not get carried away. Has a great foundation to build from over the next few years. Offseason emphasis needs to be on his handle, and developing a pull-up jumper.

Haanif Cheatham is an absolute stud, and if he continues to improve and stay healthy could be the type of guy that makes a run at Jerel's scoring title. He is exactly the type of player we needed with this class. The future is bright with him, just need to continue to surround him with talent.

MUMac
02-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Haanif Cheatham is an absolute stud, and if he continues to improve and stay healthy could be the type of guy that makes a run at Jerel's scoring title. He is exactly the type of player we needed with this class. The future is bright with him, just need to continue to surround him with talent.

Sometimes I get a little frustrated with his play and then remember that he's only a frosh. He just looks more than a frosh that I sometimes forget. Man, when he develops a mid range game, watch out. It will be enjoyable to watch his development and I agree, he could make a run at Jerel's scoring record ... if he doesn't leave early.

MUwarrior1090
02-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Sometimes I get a little frustrated with his play and then remember that he's only a frosh. He just looks more than a frosh that I sometimes forget. Man, when he develops a mid range game, watch out. It will be enjoyable to watch his development and I agree, he could make a run at Jerel's scoring record ... if he doesn't leave early.

He's not going to leave early unless he improves a ton. He is a very good freshman but he doesn't really have NBA athleticism. He does have pretty good NBA size though.

IrwinFletcher
02-20-2016, 06:59 PM
The best way to reduce Haaney's TO's is to take the ball out of his hands and move him to the wing. I would love to see how many of his TO's have come with him running the point and how many with Traci out there.

As hard as it will be to see Henry go, we should be comforted that HC is going to be around for a few more years.

AbovetheRim
02-20-2016, 07:24 PM
He's not going to leave early unless he improves a ton. He is a very good freshman but he doesn't really have NBA athleticism. He does have pretty good NBA size though.

Disagreed and he's only 19. What athletic skills are you basing your comment on? All I see to warrant your point of view is that he doesn't have great/elite jump skills. I think he'd actually test out great at the NBA combine on everything else.

MUMac
02-20-2016, 07:50 PM

You may be right, but I definitely do not see it the same way as you. He's shown decent athleticism for a frosh.

Halo
02-20-2016, 08:19 PM
You may be right, but I definitely do not see it the same way as you. He's shown decent athleticism for a frosh.

Agree. His game has reminded me of a young Jalen Rose all year. That high dribble that goes to a low crossover is tough to defend. Hope he takes the next step his soph year.

MU/Panther
02-20-2016, 08:43 PM
So, Sandy with only 5 minutes.

Nukem2
02-20-2016, 08:51 PM
So, Sandy with only 5 minutes.
He is having a tough time. Hope he breaks out. Seems to be a confidence issue.

Phantom Warrior
02-21-2016, 12:32 AM
Sandy passed up a couple of open looks again today.

As far as Haanif and level of athleticism, lets just say he is nowhere near as quick as Sumner of Xavier. I watched him blow right past defenders again today. For that matter, compared to someone like Martin of Butler, Haanif has nowhere near the quicks or the hops that Martin does.

I'm not knocking Haanif or his game, but he seems like an average to slightly above average 6'5"/6'6" wing in terms of quickness and hops. He is having a lot more trouble beating his man off the dribble and finishing at the rim than he had his first time through the league. Opponents are playing him for that drive now, so it has not been anywhere near as effective as it was even four weeks ago.

At some point, as others have noted, he really needs to add a pull-up mid-range jumper to his arsenal.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-21-2016, 06:39 AM
Sandy passed up a couple of open looks again today.

As far as Haanif and level of athleticism, lets just say he is nowhere near as quick as Sumner of Xavier. I watched him blow right past defenders again today. For that matter, compared to someone like Martin of Butler, Haanif has nowhere near the quicks or the hops that Martin does.

I'm not knocking Haanif or his game, but he seems like an average to slightly above average 6'5"/6'6" wing in terms of quickness and hops. He is having a lot more trouble beating his man off the dribble and finishing at the rim than he had his first time through the league. Opponents are playing him for that drive now, so it has not been anywhere near as effective as it was even four weeks ago.

At some point, as others have noted, he really needs to add a pull-up mid-range jumper to his arsenal.

That really impressed me about his game yesterday. One of his biggest problems since conference play started is teams have tightened up on that move. So instead of faking the three and driving into a turnover or block, yesterday he just took the threes. Basically the "if you're going to give me room to defend my drive, I'll shoot over and make you pay" mindset. 4/6 from beyond the arc.

Add in some more ability to use his right and a pull-up, as well as the intelligence to know when to use which move (which should come with experience) and he'll be darn near unstoppable in this league.

Phantom Warrior
02-21-2016, 07:22 AM
The other question with respect to Haanif eventually moving on to the NBA is whether he is quick enough to defend opposing 2s and 3s. I can't see him defending at the point in the NBA. He's not as quick as Wesley or Jimmy B; nor does he have their overall level of athleticism. As he becomes stronger over his career at MU, maybe he can become that kind of versatile defender that both Jimmy and Wes were as upperclassmen.

TheSultan
02-21-2016, 07:27 AM
He is having a tough time. Hope he breaks out. Seems to be a confidence issue.

Second year in a row this has happened with him. Makes you wonder if he simply isn't a player at this level.

DCwarrior
02-21-2016, 08:39 AM
Second year in a row this has happened with him. Makes you wonder if he simply isn't a player at this level.

I stated in a different thread at the beginning of the season that Sandy will be nothing more than a 4 year role player at MU. I just don't see his skills and athleticism make it difficult for him to be more than that. If his confidence level stays this low, he'll be a 4 year bench warmer.

TheSultan
02-21-2016, 09:17 AM
Yeah he seems to be a player that can do a number of things well, but not one thing that makes him stand out. I think he could end up being a very good defender if you surround him with enough offense. And really he is only a sophomore.

One good thing is that we played well without Henry having a big game.

Nukem2
02-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Yeah he seems to be a player that can do a number of things well, but not one thing that makes him stand out. I think he could end up being a very good defender if you surround him with enough offense. And really he is only a sophomore.

One good thing is that we played well without Henry having a big game.Yeah, just another 14 and 9. :rolleyes:
We are really going to miss Henry next year.

TheSultan
02-21-2016, 01:19 PM
He didn't have a bad game by any means, but he shot 38% and was the third best player for Marquette on the floor. It was arguably the first BE win where he didn't carry us.