PDA

View Full Version : Maria from Homer's show

MayorBeluga
02-11-2016, 05:18 AM
Last night MU had Maria from Homer's show doing bits during timeouts. Could whoever from MU monitors this board please take note: she's God-awful! Not only is she bad maybe she could grow into a similar job. Maybe) but her voice is like nails on a blackboard while screaming into the microphone. Everyone in our section of the Fightin' 218 was cringing when she began her painful screeches.

Please, please, please Marquette Athletics: don't let her anywhere near a microphone.

Marquette
02-11-2016, 08:07 AM
The Bradley Center has a good sound system so there is NO REASON TO YELL INTO THE MICROPHONE!

MU/Panther
02-11-2016, 08:12 AM
I'm glad for the feedback. I need more feedback from others. Please, don't ask why. Let's just say, I have a voice in what happens.....

wiscwarrior
02-11-2016, 08:12 AM
Really? With a great game going on the "fighting 218th" is critiquing the on court announcer. I thought she did quite well. Showed enthusiasm and was quite pleasant. Screeching nails indeed!

Goose85
02-11-2016, 09:03 AM
She is an MU grad, which I like. I'm fine with that and like the idea of someone doing the in game announcing as opposed to it coming from the announcer at the scorers table.
A bit loud, but it was her first time doing the gig so I say keep working and keep improving on it - glad they are trying new things for the in game experience.

MUFAN2010
02-11-2016, 09:17 AM
I thought it was much better than not having anyone at all. Added more excitement to it and a personality to the game than just the announcer at the table reading off promos.

shaquilvaine
02-11-2016, 09:21 AM
my kids really liked it. She's an MU grad as mentioned... thought the original post was a bit harsh. give her a chance it was her first time.

CaribouJim
02-11-2016, 09:21 AM
I vote for the Mayor as the Scrooge poster of the day!

MU/Panther
02-11-2016, 12:02 PM
A bit loud, but it was her first time doing the gig so I say keep working and keep improving on it .

I'm waiting to see how it sounds on Saturday night with what should have 15,000 in the building.

I thought it was loud and hurt the ear a bit, but I don't think it was her, more than the mic was up too high and with what 7,000 in the building.

MUwarrior1090
02-11-2016, 12:54 PM
The real question is how do I get on the court for the Qdoba shot challenge? Nobody can even get to the free throw line this year!

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-11-2016, 02:37 PM
The real question is how do I get on the court for the Qdoba shot challenge? Nobody can even get to the free throw line this year!

Last night's Qdoba shot challenge was just terrible. I loved how they had to make a crescent moon shape because Providence was so close to the basket during the timeout.

Gato78
02-11-2016, 02:43 PM
I vote for the Mayor as the Scrooge poster of the day!

I think he has been recognized as the Scrooge poster for all time. Why limit it to one day?

Nukem2
02-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Last night's Qdoba shot challenge was just terrible. I loved how they had to make a crescent moon shape because Providence was so close to the basket during the timeout.
Yeah, that was hilarious. I can do better at my advanced age. Guess its hard to have your A game under the bright lights. :)

MayorBeluga
02-11-2016, 03:23 PM
I think he has been recognized as the Scrooge poster for all time. Why limit it to one day?

You kids get off my lawn! 876