PDA

View Full Version : OT The Bucks

Markedman
02-04-2016, 11:40 AM
I'm not a big fan of Woelfel but this rings true to me.
http://journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/bucks-beat-is-a-major-shakeup-coming/article_5c355e2d-58f8-554e-b6d6-1f5716f7fa3e.html

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Sad to see, there was so much promise heading into this season. The new owners better be careful because if they aren't they will lose the momentum they have building up. It's not hard to build an above .500 roster, which is all this city really wants, I don't think anyone is expecting to compete for championships.

MUfan12
02-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Simply put, Kidd can't keep the amount of pull he has on personnel. The moves he has influenced have been disasters.

DCwarrior
02-04-2016, 01:48 PM
The Knight / Carter-Williams trade has been an utter disaster for the Bucks.

mufansince72
02-04-2016, 03:43 PM
Simply put, Kidd can't keep the amount of pull he has on personnel. The moves he has influenced have been disasters.

I think Kidd's coaching isn't that great either. The team played better when he was out on medical leave. The rotations were much more consistent. He has been jerking guys like MCW around. Two games ago he played an awesome game. Then the next night he yanks him after about 7 minutes and he hardly saw the floor the remainder of the first half.

mufansince72
02-04-2016, 03:46 PM
The Knight / Carter-Williams trade has been an utter disaster for the Bucks.

Knight might be available pretty shortly if the Bucks want to get him back :). Sounds like Tyreke Evans is available as well. I would be open to trading everyone on the team outside of Giannis. I would have no problem trading Parker in the right deal.

Goose85
02-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Knight might be available pretty shortly if the Bucks want to get him back :). Sounds like Tyreke Evans is available as well. I would be open to trading everyone on the team outside of Giannis. I would have no problem trading Parker in the right deal.

Would the Suns pick up some of that money that Knight is getting paid? If so, that might be interesting.

MU88
02-04-2016, 05:12 PM
I am not so sure the downfall is that surprising. They played pretty poorly after the Knight trade. But, they didn't think Knight was worth the potential contract. Williams is inconsistent on both ends of the court and doesn't seem to be motivated all the time. Monroe is not a great fit, but they don't use him correctly. The lack of outside shooting is an ongoing issue. Parker is a player without a position. He is skilled, but he can't guard 3s or 4s. This team needs a first class point and another outside shooter. Actually, one more high draft pick isn't the worst thing that could happen to the Bucks.

DCwarrior
02-04-2016, 07:30 PM
I am not so sure the downfall is that surprising. They played pretty poorly after the Knight trade. But, they didn't think Knight was worth the potential contract. Williams is inconsistent on both ends of the court and doesn't seem to be motivated all the time. Monroe is not a great fit, but they don't use him correctly. The lack of outside shooting is an ongoing issue. Parker is a player without a position. He is skilled, but he can't guard 3s or 4s. This team needs a first class point and another outside shooter. Actually, one more high draft pick isn't the worst thing that could happen to the Bucks.

Hopefully that point guard would be their additional outside shooter. They also lack what MU lacks - a physical power forward/center to rebound, bang inside and play D.

MUfan12
02-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Hopefully that point guard would be their additional outside shooter. They also lack what MU lacks - a physical power forward/center to rebound, bang inside and play D.

Monroe does that, he's just not a good defender.

Goose85
02-05-2016, 08:18 AM
I understood the trade at the time, they didn't think it was worth paying both Knight and Middleton big time money. They picked Middleton.
Now they are seeing that the team makeup isn't working, and it sounds like they are willing to MCW, who might be a nice piece on a team with more outside shooters.

Mucrisco
02-05-2016, 08:39 AM
I understood the trade at the time, they didn't think it was worth paying both Knight and Middleton big time money. They picked Middleton.
Now they are seeing that the team makeup isn't working, and it sounds like they are willing to MCW, who might be a nice piece on a team with more outside shooters.

I agree. I still like the trade. The problem with the Bucks in the past is that they were always good enough to just make the playoffs. Signing both Knight and Middleton would have kept them in that ceiling of success. They put their cards into Parker and The Greek Freak. They were the future. Then, they decided that Middleton would be part of that. I don't think their ultimate goal was to be good this year. I think they want to have a dynamite team when the new arena opens. In the meantime, they signed Monroe, showing that they are willing to go the extra mile to win. If they could win now, without mortgaging the future, what is the harm? If they can trade Monroe for a draft pick or a guy who will develop later, that is a win, considering the ultimate goal.

What really hurt the Bucks this year is that neither Monroe and Parker are good defenders. When you have to play both of them together, the strength of your team is now a weakness. If we could get another lottery pick and trade Monroe for a future piece, that would be better getting into the playoffs with a 6-8 seed, yet again. I still like MCW. But, I think he could be part of that future. However, if they trade him for a pick or another player with a high upside in the future, I can understand that too.

MUfan12
02-05-2016, 08:44 AM

I wonder if there's a market for him with one of the contenders out West. He was magnificent in both games against GSW, and made life difficult for Curry.

mufan2003
02-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Now that the arena legislation has passed, they can be more patient in trying to build a championship team. I am concerned about how much power Kidd is being given. He should have input, but Hammond and his scouting staff should have the final say. Also would be unfair to allow the media to hold Hammond accountable for personnel decisions if Kidd is the one calling the shots. I hope the media presses the Bucks on this issue.....who has final say on personnel decisions?

mufan2003
02-05-2016, 03:21 PM
I wonder if there's a market for him with one of the contenders out West. He was magnificent in both games against GSW, and made life difficult for Curry.

I was thinking the same thing. A team like the Spurs, OKC or the Clippers. MCW would be a nice defensive option on Curry or Thompson. Would the Bucks take a late first round pick for MCW? I would.

Goose85
02-05-2016, 03:24 PM
I was thinking the same thing. A team like the Spurs, OKC or the Clippers. MCW would be a nice defensive option on Curry or Thompson. Would the Bucks take a late first round pick for MCW? I would.

As would I.

MUfan12
02-05-2016, 05:38 PM

Especially if it was a 2017 pick.