PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Bucks will be in draft lottery

Goose85
02-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Ok, with the recent three game skid it is getting more likely that the Bucks will participate in the draft lottery.

Right now I believe the Bucks would pick about 8th. Any early thoughts on who might be a good fit in the top 8 picks for this team?

I like Heild, but with Middleton and Vaughn not sure he fits.

MUFAN2010
02-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Kris Dunn

Goose85
02-02-2016, 11:59 AM
Kris Dunn

While he would be my choice and a great fit for this team, most mock drafts I've seen have him going about 4.
Would he be worth trading up to get? Depending on what we give up I think he might be.

I'm not sure MCW is the long term answer at point guard for this collection of players.

mufan2003
02-02-2016, 01:43 PM
Bucks are now 20-30. I looked at the standings, they appear to be tied for 6th worst record with the Denver Nuggets. Not unheard of for a team in the 6th or 7th spot to move into the Top 3 of the draft. College players I like are Buddy Hield, Kris Dunn and even Melo Trimble. Being able to get Dunn would be unbelievable. Trimble is 6'3", has good size to play PG. He can already shoot well. If Henry goes, he could be Top 5 along with Ben Simmons. Those 2 play the same positions as Giannis and Parker. Trying to think of true centers, there are not many....Jakob Poeltl, 7'0" from Utah would be one off the top of my head. Bucks want to build a championship team, take the best player, you can always make a trade if there is excess talent at a position.

Right now, MCW, Parker and Giannis are all below average perimeter shooters. That is the problem. Parker and Giannis may develop into good perimeter shooters, but who knows? On the other side of the ball, if the Bucks want to be a top defensive team, Monroe is not a rim protector so that hurts them as well. Bottom line, with the youth and where players are at with their skill level, the individual talent does not mesh well together.

mufan2003
02-02-2016, 01:51 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

http://www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/prospect-rankings

Goose85
02-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Dunn would be an upgrade over MCW from a shooting standpoint. He is also a relatively tall point guard which seems to be what the Bucks want.
Vaughn could be the outside shooter with Middleton, but he is still really young. Injuries to Vasquez and Mayo haven't helped, but not sure they are long term pieces.

I think our offense would be upgraded with Dunn, and I really don't think it would affect our defense at all.

Possible you don't really need a true center to compete at a high level, but you would need at least an inside power forward / center to go along with Parker.

Do the Bucks have trade pieces should they want to move up a few slots in the draft? Is Henson worth moving up two slots? Is MCW?

I really don't think you can win with MCW, Parker and Giannis all on the court unless one of them really improves outside shooting (which can happen). For that reason, if they don't turn things around this year, and can get Dunn, I'd think MCW could be on the trade block.

mufan2003
02-02-2016, 02:02 PM
The problem with the NBA these days is how young players are being drafted. Nobody knows, not even scouts and GM's, how many of these prospects will develop. For example, Giannis is 21, Parker 20 and Vaughn 19. Those 3 could all be playing in college. Many hope Giannis and Parker develop their shots, but it is not a guarantee. A good coaching staff to develop these young players is key, I think the Bucks have that.

mufan2003
02-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Dunn would be an upgrade over MCW from a shooting standpoint. He is also a relatively tall point guard which seems to be what the Bucks want.
Vaughn could be the outside shooter with Middleton, but he is still really young. Injuries to Vasquez and Mayo haven't helped, but not sure they are long term pieces.

I think our offense would be upgraded with Dunn, and I really don't think it would affect our defense at all.

Possible you don't really need a true center to compete at a high level, but you would need at least an inside power forward / center to go along with Parker.

Do the Bucks have trade pieces should they want to move up a few slots in the draft? Is Henson worth moving up two slots? Is MCW?

I really don't think you can win with MCW, Parker and Giannis all on the court unless one of them really improves outside shooting (which can happen). For that reason, if they don't turn things around this year, and can get Dunn, I'd think MCW could be on the trade block.

I forgot about Melo Trimble. He is a true sophomore, 6'3", looks like he could be a PG at the next level and shoot from 3. Dunn or Trimble would be a nice upgrade at the PG position.

Goose85
02-02-2016, 02:33 PM
The problem with the NBA these days is how young players are being drafted. Nobody knows, not even scouts and GM's, how many of these prospects will develop. For example, Giannis is 21, Parker 20 and Vaughn 19. Those 3 could all be playing in college. Many hope Giannis and Parker develop their shots, but it is not a guarantee. A good coaching staff to develop these young players is key, I think the Bucks have that.

Good point. Think of a lot of college teams, like Xavier. Many of their players and starters are a couple years older than Giannis, Parker, and Vaughn.

mufan2003
02-02-2016, 09:13 PM
John Hammond is front row tonight for Providence @ Depaul, looking at Dunn. Says something when the GM is there in person, not a scout.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Trade off MCW & Monroe and get a rim protector, then tank the rest of this season and go out and get Dunn in the draft.

Goose85
02-04-2016, 02:11 PM
I'm all for trading MCW. My hesitation on Monroe would be more because he did come here as a relatively big name free agent, and I'd like to see other free agents considering the Bucks down the road. Not sure if trading him after half a season would impact that or not.

Goose85
02-11-2016, 09:52 AM
Ok, after watching more hoops and seeing Dunn up close, I'm not sure he is the point guard of the Bucks future.

Rumors are that the Bucks would be willing to trade Monroe and MCW.
If the Bucks do trade Monroe, they better be sure they are getting Utah's Poeltl or even Labissiere in the draft.

Many NBA scouts in the house last night. Should be an interesting stretch of the season leading to the trade deadline for the Bucks - will they make a trade?