PDA

View Full Version : Question for those at the game yesterday...

IrwinFletcher
01-31-2016, 12:19 PM
My son told me that the BC was the loudest he has heard it there in a long, long time.

What were people's opinions on the crowed (15,000+ largest crowd of the year).

Nukem2
01-31-2016, 12:23 PM
The crowd was easily the best of the year. Best in a long, long time? Don't know about that as this has been a long year at the BC this season..so it may just seem like a long time.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-31-2016, 12:39 PM
When was the last time the crowd was really amped up? Jake's shot against Syracuse in 2013?

Nukem2
01-31-2016, 12:55 PM
The crowd was amped for the Butler game last year though ended up losing in OT.

WearGold
01-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Crowd was terrific; loud, standing and cheering on key possessions, especially the second half. The fact that the game was a back and forth battle only added to it. I have not stood that much at a MU game in a while.
The "best" crowd in recent memory (for me) was the February 2003 BC game vs. Louisville, the "Diener and Gaines end of game threes" game. That game/crowd was amazing. Every basket, turnover etc. was made so much more intense by the raucous sellout. If that game was a "10," yesterday's game with Butler was about a 7.5.

MU/Panther
01-31-2016, 01:04 PM
Mike Jakubowski, is a great PA guy. I think he has alot to do with it. The crowd feeds off his voice and energy. He missed the Xavier and Stetson game, I thought the player into were poor.

MU/Panther
01-31-2016, 01:06 PM
When was the last time the crowd was really amped up? Jake's shot against Syracuse in 2013?
Ohio State, Wisconsin, even Iowa this year. Just in the Iowa, it didn't last long.

Creighton and Georgetown last year as well.

CaribouJim
01-31-2016, 01:52 PM
Nova game in the pink unis a couple seasons back was pretty crazy.

Crowd yesterday was great.

I think the loudest sustained home crowd in fairly recent memory was the DJ injury game vs UCONN. The pace of the game was insane. I remember the next morning at work a guy came up to me and told me how he was channel surfing and came across the game and said he had not seen a game pace like that in a long time and was impressed by the crowd noise.

What could have been with that team but for DJ's...

MUfan12
01-31-2016, 02:49 PM
Great building yesterday. The players had to enjoy having a vocal crowd behind them. Hopefully the guys crave that feeling and lock in for the stretch run.

Gato78
01-31-2016, 02:50 PM
When Novak hit the game winner against Notre Dame in 2006 was as loud as any I've attended.

kneelb4zerg
01-31-2016, 02:51 PM
I vote the Syracuse game where Jake Thomas hit the three and one from the corner.

MUfan12
01-31-2016, 02:57 PM
When Novak hit the game winner against Notre Dame in 2006 was as loud as any I've attended.

Loudest moment I can remember at the BC.

The last, best crowd we had was the Syracuse game in '13. It was like a bomb went off when Jake had the four point play, and it was sustained the whole game. One of the wilder crowds was the UW game that season. 5 PM tipoff and most of the crowd was well-oiled.

MUwarrior1090
01-31-2016, 03:03 PM
Loudest moment I can remember at the BC.

The last, best crowd we had was the Syracuse game in '13. It was like a bomb went off when Jake had the four point play, and it was sustained the whole game. One of the wilder crowds was the UW game that season. 5 PM tipoff and most of the crowd was well-oiled.

Cadougan's three pointer to force overtime against Uconn and Carlino's shot against Georgetown to send it into overtime last year are two more examples.

Yesterday was by far the best this season.

MUMac
01-31-2016, 03:04 PM
The Novak shot was loud, but I thought the Louisville game when Mason hit the game winner and was fouled was louder. Especially after a horrible 5th foul call on Diener took some air out of the building.

CaribouJim
01-31-2016, 03:04 PM

Bad snowstorm and I ended up staying at the Hilton and couldn't wait to pick up the Journal the next morning to check out the sports section. Was at the South Bend game that same year where he had an exceptional game as well for the sweep. That was the year ND lost a boatload of really close games - not that I was feeling sorry for them.

MU/Panther
01-31-2016, 07:07 PM
If we are talking about the all time Bradley Center game now, it's in 2003 when #2 Louisville beat #11 Marquette. The student section was filled to the top an hour before tip off. Barn burner of a tight game. Travis tied it and Gaines hit the game winning. ABC game as well with Dick V in the house!

Second, is one year later when Mason hit the shot and got fouled on the play versus Louisville. Still have that game on tape with Kevin Harlan and Dan Bonner.

Third, has to be on a Friday night when Novak hit the game winner to beat Notre Dame.

4th, the Pitt ESPN Primetime game when Gameday was in Milwaukee. Mike Kinsella with two first half three's.

kneelb4zerg
01-31-2016, 07:29 PM
If we are talking about the all time Bradley Center game now, it's in 2003 when #2 Louisville beat #11 Marquette. The student section was filled to the top an hour before tip off. Barn burner of a tight game. Travis tied it and Gaines hit the game winning. ABC game as well with Dick V in the house!

Second, is one year later when Mason hit the shot and got fouled on the play versus Louisville. Still have that game on tape with Kevin Harlan and Dan Bonner.

Third, has to be on a Friday night when Novak hit the game winner to beat Notre Dame.

4th, the Pitt ESPN Primetime game when Gameday was in Milwaukee. Mike Kinsella with two first half three's.

Good call on that Pitt game. Very underrated in recent Marquette lore.

MUfan12
01-31-2016, 07:40 PM
That Pitt game was a blast. As was the year before. MU had Georgetown and Pitt on a Thursday-Saturday. Pitt was in the top 15 if I remember right, with Krauser, Gray, and co. Frigid Saturday night and 19k in the house. Gray missed 2 FTs with about 20 seconds left that could have given Pitt the lead. MU won 84-82.