PDA

View Full Version : When we get Davante back...

Hamostradamus
02-06-2012, 10:21 PM
If we can go off for almost 90 points scoring 7 deep, we could really "do some damage" in March.

IWB
02-07-2012, 07:32 AM
His return really is the key to the season. Never thought I would say that about Gardner, especially in his 2nd year, but MU needs him in the post in a major way. He is not a very good defender, but he takes up space. We also need his ability to post up, not only to score and rebound, but also to take the pressure off of our perimeter guys.

5 days until Cincy, will he return? I have said it since the day after he went down, out 2 weeks - returns for Cincy. Come on Earnest Eugene, get Big Self back into the lineup!

Goose85
02-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I think Cincy is a game we will need the big body of Davante. I hope he is able to go even if it is just for 5 to 7 minutes, just to get him back on the court and get back into the game action. Then have him ready to roll for UConn.

MU Viking
02-07-2012, 10:24 PM
We play Cincy at exactly the right time, IMO. We have a few more days to prepare, and they play in NYC Wed night and have to get here on Sat. They are also scuffling a little bit of late. Would be such a boost to get Davante in there, even for 10 good minutes.

IWB
02-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Scoring that many in a run & gun game while only playing 7 says a lot about the team, their conditioning etc, especially looks good when all the cats from Simeon were in the house.

Not sure if Davante will play, hope he progresses this week!

Goose85
02-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Great the the cats from Simeon were there. MU played pressure defense, uptempo offense, showed character in how they played, etc. I bet Taylor was talking big about how he will be playing in those games next season. Hope a few others are good friends with Taylor.

Either way, not a bad high school program to have a connection with, so I hope the coach really likes Buzz.