http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Xavier 1 seed
Villanova 1 seed
Providence 3 seed
Butler 6 seed
Seton Hall 10 seed

Goose85
01-19-2016, 11:06 AM
Looks like X and Nova are getting a lot of love with 1 seeds.

Question on what Big East fans should want going forward.

Is it more important for the league to get those two the highest seeds possible (have them win all games other that head to head obviously)?
Is it better for other teams such as Butler, Prov, Seton Hall to beat them to move up a few spots and cost the league 1 or 2 seed slots?

Basically, better seeds at the top of the league more important than better seeds for the last few to get in the dance?

It looks like we have a real good shot to get half the league in the dance with X, Nova, Prov and Butler in as pretty good bets.

IWB
01-19-2016, 11:30 AM
Get the #1 seeds. Everybody knows who the #1 seeds are and what conference they are from. Nobody remembers the #2 seeds, or #7, #8 or #9.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-19-2016, 03:54 PM
This could be a good year for the Big East, there is no one dominant team, and as you can see from all the teams ranked #1, nobody can seem to stay on top for very long. I agree with IWB though, get the #1 seed's, and hope one of them can make the final 4, that is how you make a name.

IrwinFletcher
01-19-2016, 04:35 PM
Yes to the #1 seeds. First four teams that are announced on selection Sunday and that would be quite a coup with all the attention that the Big 12 has gotten of late. Would be important for the league to get 3-4 teams in the Sweet 16.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-20-2016, 08:14 AM
I care less about the seeds and more about what they do with them. If we get 4 Sweet 16 teams and 2 in the Final Four, it won't matter if they started as 1's or 10's.

unclejohn
01-20-2016, 08:25 AM
I like the #1 seeds like anybody, but I would rather the teams just win. In the years before the BE split, the conference had lots of highly ranked teams, but often under-performed. Often the teams that did well were not the highest seeded ones. When UConn won it, they were a #3 going in. The first year we made it to the Sweet Sixteen, we were the lowest seeded team from the conference. One year the BE had three of the four top seeds. Two teams made it to the Final Four, but only one was the top seed. I would be just as happy with a couple #2-4 and six teams. That presumably gets you to the second weekend, and then your teams either win or not. Time for them to prove themselves. Seeds do not mean as much.