PDA

View Full Version : EESPN on What's wrong with the Bucks

Goose85
01-15-2016, 04:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14573190/milwaukee-taken-step-back-hoped-taking-two-steps-forward

One interesting aspect of the article is talking about the possibility of trading Greg Monroe.

"All three of Boston, Charlotte and Portland could offer combinations of players, picks and salary filler that might interest Milwaukee. One lottery-protected Boston pick wouldn't do it, and the Celtics aren't flipping those golden Brooklyn picks for Monroe. But what about two of their own picks, or one pick and Jared Sullinger? Would one unprotected Charlotte pick do the trick, since the Hornets are something like a 50-50 bet to end up in the lottery even with Monroe? Portland has chased Monroe before, and they have some interesting young guys and $20 million in cap room. After working to establish themselves as a player-friendly place, the Bucks would have to be careful about where, and how, they deal Monroe."

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-18-2016, 10:49 PM
Seems a bit hasty to move Monroe... I think MCW is part of the issue, but I'd like to wait and see what we truly have with Jabari before trading away some pieces.

mufan2003
01-19-2016, 10:49 PM
Don't look now, Bucks have won 3 in a row and 2 straight on the road. Middleton continues to play really well. Giannis with some really strong performances. Parker will only get more and more comfortable as the season plays out.

I have to look again at the schedule, but I thought I remember hearing that the Bucks have a lot of home games in March/April. Could they still make the playoffs? This draft is not going to be loaded, so not too fixated on getting in the Lottery. Bucks would likely end up at the back end anyway and miss out on Dunn, Simmons, Hield, etc.

Goose85
01-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Nice run for the Bucks. Hopefully they are getting on a roll.
Right now the Bucks would pick around the 8-10 area in the draft. I'd love a kid like Hield, but I don't think we get him there.

MUfan12
01-20-2016, 10:40 AM
Can't quite figure this team out yet. But, I do love the job Prunty is doing managing their rotations and minutes. They've found some good combinations in the past few weeks.

Goose85
01-20-2016, 12:13 PM
Prunty is Kidd's offensive guy. I've seen many times late in games Prunty is the guy drawing up the play during a time out, or giving direction to the offense.

This team needs more outside shooting, but hopefully things are starting to click a little bit.

mufan2003
01-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Seems a bit hasty to move Monroe... I think MCW is part of the issue, but I'd like to wait and see what we truly have with Jabari before trading away some pieces.

I have felt the same way reagarding MCW. His lack of a midrange shot and basically nonexistent 3-point game has allowed defenses to sag off of him and double other players and/or clog the lane. That being said, I have noticed better defensive intensity from MCW and more ball movement from him as of late. He even hit a couple 3's against Atlanta. MCW can be a phenomenal defender and is best pushing the ball quickly up the court off of defensive rebounds. I am willing to give this team a full season and an opportunity to turn it around. Sounds like Kidd will be back next week.