PDA

View Full Version : Submitted without comment

TheSultan
01-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Jesse Temple ‏@jessetemple 40m40 minutes ago
Maryland's Diamond Stone (Milwaukee native and former #Badgers target) booed by Wisconsin fans as he checks in. Students chant A-C-T. Yikes.

kneelb4zerg
01-09-2016, 01:09 PM
Keep it up Badger fans, stuff like this only hurts recruiting.

TheSultan
01-09-2016, 02:01 PM
And UW loses on a last second Trimble 3.

DowntownSweeney
01-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Trimble with that stone cold 3 to send badger fans home unhappy. Good times!

IWB
01-09-2016, 02:06 PM
When Badgers fans and students chant SAT when Diamond Stone checks in for Maryland, do they not realized that DIAMOND STONE WAS ACCEPTED TO UW?

Mark Miller
01-09-2016, 03:28 PM
What's more classless? The students changing A-C-T or Madison writers/broadcasters repeatedly writing/blabbing that Diamond Stone could not get into UW?

Stone chose Maryland. At this point, that looks like a pretty smart decision on his part.

mufansince72
01-09-2016, 03:53 PM
Yeah, guys like Tom Oates will continue to spew that drivel.

Hamostradamus
01-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Remember, it's a self-fulling prophesy: A recruit would never refuse to consider Wisconsin because their fans mercilessly heckle a former recruit. And if a recruit does get turned off, then it wasn't someone they would want anyway. (This isn't a joke, they have said as much on their boards in the past).

MU/Panther
01-09-2016, 05:03 PM
When Badgers fans and students chant SAT when Diamond Stone checks in for Maryland, do they not realized that DIAMOND STONE WAS ACCEPTED TO UW? Most think he didn't when you have articles by Oates saying talking about poor grades.

MUfan12
01-09-2016, 05:44 PM
At one of the bars in the BC there were a ton of people (in MU gear!) cheering when Bronny tied it.

When Trimble won it I made sure to be loud.

DowntownSweeney
01-10-2016, 09:51 AM
Yeah, guys like Tom Oates will continue to kspew that drivel.

Oates' recent article in the WSJ proves again the he is a UW fan, not a journalist.

Halo
01-10-2016, 03:05 PM
You can't make this up from Butch Badger. Here he is agreeing that a 50 year old shouldn't be dressed in paint ripping on Diamond Stone and then he gets into Vander Blue and apparently he was himself following Vander's twitter page when he was in high school. Sums him up very well. I am sure his family is proud with his odd obsession of Marquette basketball, Tom Crean and Buzz Williams.

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/83810/How-will-fans-react-to-Diamond-Stone-Saturday?page=2#.VpLGfsArKRY

butchbadger
Unread Message #24 [url] [-]

January 8, 2016 12:05 PM
Slimm21 wrote:
I should clarify. If the students want to heckle Diamond, as long as it isn't classless I think that is perfectly fine. If a 50 year old from Appleton with his face painted red joins in he is a loser.

Yup.

Stone was a much bigger fish than Vander, but everyone knew Vander acted like a baby and took the easy way out with Buzz's "school will be taken care of" recruiting pitch.

I'll never forget when Vander posted a pic on Twitter of a paper he wrote on Count Basie. It had a grade of "100%" on it. Funny thing was there were two clear errors just on the one sentence you could see in the picture.

Interact
My Recent Posts

Mucrisco
01-11-2016, 09:34 AM
From Diamond's AAU coach:
Great seats for another great game! Maryland vs Wisconsin... So much energy in the building. These fans are brutal. Stone still playing well...

TedBaxter
01-11-2016, 10:08 AM
I understand when booing happens at games. I don't like it, but it happens and it's happened at MU when LeDaryl Billingsley chose Tulane.

Taking personal shots at recruits on a message board, newspaper and sports talk shows because they didn't pick your school is childish.

Nukem2
01-11-2016, 10:16 AM
I understand when booing happens at games. I don't like it, but it happens and it's happened at MU when LeDaryl Billingsley chose Tulane.

Taking personal shots at recruits on a message board, newspaper and sports talk shows because they didn't pick your school is childish.Big difference with Ledaryl is that he committed to MU and then signed with Tulane. Don't like it either, but understandable in Ledaryl's case. That seems like an eternity ago now.

Goose85
01-11-2016, 10:18 AM
From Diamond's AAU coach:
Great seats for another great game! Maryland vs Wisconsin... So much energy in the building. These fans are brutal. Stone still playing well...

Are there kids with D1 potential playing for Diamond's old AAU coach?

Markedman
01-11-2016, 10:29 AM
Are there kids with D1 potential playing for Diamond's old AAU coach?

Unlikely...he played for an AAU team that would feature him from what I understand.

Mucrisco
01-11-2016, 11:19 AM
Unlikely...he played for an AAU team that would feature him from what I understand.

His AAU coach is a big time trainer and is contact with D1 recruits all over. Going to him during the summertime is basically like going to school for basketball. During the summertime, I believe the hours are something like 9-3 with a lunch break.

IWB
01-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Make no mistake about it, that program was built around Diamond, but they do have teams at various ages now, so the program has grown and as long as Under Armour wants to be a player, and as long as they field competitive teams, I don't see them going away.

IrwinFletcher
01-11-2016, 07:43 PM
But, if an UA sponsored teams, unlikely they would go to Marquette, correct?

Litehouse
01-11-2016, 09:18 PM
But, if an UA sponsored teams, unlikely they would go to Marquette, correct?

With UW switching to UA, that might be true.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Make no mistake about it, that program was built around Diamond, but they do have teams at various ages now, so the program has grown and as long as Under Armour wants to be a player, and as long as they field competitive teams, I don't see them going away.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them grow significantly in the next 2-3 years. Once Diamond gets to the NBA there's probably at least a decent chance he puts some money back into the program. Might they change their name to Young Diamonds?