PDA

View Full Version : D Wade still got it

mufan2003
01-05-2016, 12:51 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/dwyane-wade-goes-way-up-to-complete-this-sick-alley-oop-010416

Miami is 21-13, 3rd in the East right now. In a better Eastern Conference as well.

mufan2003
01-05-2016, 12:56 PM
D Wade, Wes Matthews, Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder. All starting for teams that would be in the playoffs as of today. Nice representation for MU.

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings

CaribouJim
01-05-2016, 02:29 PM
When I saw DWade's dunk last night the first thing that came to my mind was the East Carolina dunk or was it the DePaul dunk? His 34th b-day is coming up shortly, but certainly didn't look like it last night.

MUMac
01-05-2016, 03:28 PM
When I saw DWade's dunk last night the first thing that came to my mind was the East Carolina dunk or was it the DePaul dunk? His 34th b-day is coming up shortly, but certainly didn't look like it last night.

My thought when I saw it was the De Paul dunk.

pbiflyer
01-05-2016, 03:53 PM
He was a beast last night. Watched the whole game. He was determined not to let the Heat lose.
He sliced to the basket as time expired easy as you please. Then, he forced the Pacers to call two time outs on the last in bounds play and forced them to finally throw a risky pass to the opposite corner. I loved hearing the term "future hall of famer" too. Will he be our first NBA HoFer?

IWB
01-05-2016, 03:57 PM
I loved hearing the term "future hall of famer" too. Will he be our first HoFer?

No - JG is in the MUHS Hall of Fame.

Nukem2
01-05-2016, 04:00 PM
No - JG is in the MUHS Hall of Fame.
Suspect a lot of MU players are in their HS's HOF... ;)

TheSultan
01-05-2016, 04:05 PM
How can Maurice Lucas not be in the HoF, but the likes of Jamaal Wilkes and Calvin Murphy are?

Nukem2
01-05-2016, 04:17 PM
How can Maurice Lucas not be in the HoF, but the likes of Jamaal Wilkes and Calvin Murphy are?
I can see Calvin Murphy. But .... Wilkes over Lucas...?

TheSultan
01-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Murphy made one all star team. No championships.

The Reptile
01-06-2016, 12:15 AM
Murphy made one all star team. No championships.

I loved Lucas as an NBA player, but I could have won a title playing with Kareem, Magic, Worthy and company. Championships are the result of team effort and chemistry, not something that should determine entry to a HoF.

CaribouJim
01-06-2016, 05:14 AM
I loved Lucas as an NBA player, but I could have won a title playing with Kareem, Magic, Worthy and company. Championships are the result of team effort and chemistry, not something that should determine entry to a HoF.

Maurice won his championship with the Trailblazers in '77 with Walton. He was a key player on that team - 2nd best to Walton - and was on 4 All-Star teams. Played only one season w/ Lakers later in his career when he was past his prime.

pbiflyer
01-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Maurice won his championship with the Trailblazers in '77 with Walton. He was a key player on that team - 2nd best to Walton - and was on 4 All-Star teams. Played only one season w/ Lakers later in his career when he was past his prime.

Funny, I was in high school in 77. Won a bet with a friend about that NBA championship that got me tickets to a Miami Dolphins game. Loved Lucas. But at the time, the only thing I knew about Marquette was that Al McGuire was there and they won the championship. I had no intention of even thinking about going there. Little did I know......

TheSultan
01-06-2016, 08:42 AM

I agree with this. Which is was the Wilkes addition to the Hall of Fame is odd. He won a bunch of championships at UCLA and with the Lakers, but I don't think anyone really thought of him as an elite basketball player. A very good one yes.

And maybe Lucas shouldn't be in the HoF. Just because they made a mistake with a couple players, doesn't necessarily mean the bar should be lowered.

pbiflyer
01-09-2016, 09:35 AM
Classic Wade move last night.
http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/931796