PDA

View Full Version : Seton Hall is a Young Team

Goose85
12-31-2015, 09:58 AM
We keep saying this MU team is young, and that is true, but Seton Hall is also very young.

Starters were all sophs - Rodriguez, Delgato, Carrington, Sanogo, Whitehead.
First off the bench, Nzei is a frosh. Singh the 3 point shooter is also a frosh.
Only other player with any considerable playing time was Gordon, who is a senior.
Seton Hall also has a top 100 guard coming in next year (according to ESPN).

It will be interesting to see how Willard handles this young Seton Hall team through the Big East.
He had his young team ready to play, our team wasn't for much of the second half.

79warrior
12-31-2015, 10:47 AM
I think we are using young as a crutch to ease the pain of our poor play. We still lack a legit PG and that hurts. Inconsistent shooting is another Achilles heel. I am hoping we can achieve a .500 conference record.

kneelb4zerg
12-31-2015, 10:49 AM
I think youth is a legit excuse wrt Carter. It's really showed recently. He needs to get better fast.

79warrior
12-31-2015, 11:25 AM
I think youth is a legit excuse wrt Carter. It's really showed recently. He needs to get better fast.

I think TC will be fine as an upper classman. I fully expect him to struggle in conference play this season. No legit PG spells NIT imo.

Markedman
12-31-2015, 11:38 AM
In other news Nova taking X to the woodshed. Up 39-19 Xavier has 10 turnovers already in the first 12 minutes of the game. Nova hit 6 of their first 8 threes after going 1-11 in their last game.

Markedman
12-31-2015, 11:55 AM
A couple if stats I noticed from last night. The Hall out rebounded us 49-33. Henry and Luke had 23 of our 33 rebounds. SH's 2 bigs had 19 of their 49. So they got 30 rebounds out of their perimeter guys.....we got 10.

SH only had 3 blocked shots......but man they challenged everything at the rim and didn't foul doing it.

Duane talked about the lack of ball movement. He said it was 1 pass and then a drive......not 4 or 5 passes like they have been doing. 1 assist in the 2nd half.

I agree Seton Hall is young but most of those guys went through the wars last year and it toughened them up. Plus even though they aren't old in years they are physically much stronger, longer and quicker then our guys.

That has to be addressed in recruiting.

kneelb4zerg
12-31-2015, 12:13 PM
There's no reason why our guards can't do better rebounding, that's positioning and hustle.

Nukem2
12-31-2015, 12:54 PM
A couple if stats I noticed from last night. The Hall out rebounded us 49-33. Henry and Luke had 23 of our 33 rebounds. SH's 2 bigs had 19 of their 49. So they got 30 rebounds out of their perimeter guys.....we got 10.

SH only had 3 blocked shots......but man they challenged everything at the rim and didn't foul doing it.

Duane talked about the lack of ball movement. He said it was 1 pass and then a drive......not 4 or 5 passes like they have been doing. 1 assist in the 2nd half.

I agree Seton Hall is young but most of those guys went through the wars last year and it toughened them up. Plus even though they aren't old in years they are physically much stronger, longer and quicker then our guys.

That has to be addressed in recruiting.Yes, they did foul and hack. Refs were letting it go. Mu did not adjust.

Nukem2
12-31-2015, 12:55 PM

That has to be addressed in recruiting.Yes, they did foul and hack. Refs were letting it go. MU did not adjust.

Nukem2
12-31-2015, 01:09 PM
Wojo obviously takes some of the blame for last night. The same thing kept happening over and over and he did not adjust. Wojo did not call a timeout until under 10 minutes to go in 2nd half with score 50-59 relying on media timeouts before that. Game was visibly out of hand at that point. Wojo is learning as well.

Goose85
01-04-2016, 08:19 AM
Looks like Willard is trying to get control over his young team. Despite the success, there may be some head cases on this Seton Hall team.

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/seton-hall-beats-depaul-after-rodriguez-is-benched/160891190

MUAlphaBangura
01-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Looks like Willard is trying to get control over his young team. Despite the success, there may be some head cases on this Seton Hall team.

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/seton-hall-beats-depaul-after-rodriguez-is-benched/160891190

Looks like Desi said "pretty please". In the starting line up tonight against Nova. Nice stones Willard.