PDA

View Full Version : Former MU player Tyrone Baldwin....

IWB
12-30-2015, 05:51 PM
You have to be proud of the type of people the Marquette program has turned out. Check this out from Ty Baldwin's Facebook page...

------------------------------------------------
I wasn't going to post this but I thought it would be good idea to share given the plight of things in Milwaukee and the world in general. While driving to work yesterday in the biggest snow storm of the year in Wisconsin, I seen this old lady at the bus stop that reminded me of my mother. So I pull a U- turn to ask her where she was going and if I could give her a ride. Naturally she was hesitant at first but then she accepted my offer. As I helped her get into my car I asked her what brings her out in this weather. She informed me that she was going to the grocery store for her daughter who was very sick (flu) and her grandchildren needed food. So I dropped her off at Wal-Mart and waited for her to finish her shopping. She returned in about 20 minutes or so with one grocery bag. I found that to be very strange that she only had one bag. So I asked her if she was able to get everything she needed. She said no but it would be enough to feed her "grand-babies" for a few days. I glanced in her bag and seen a loaf of bread, ground beef and 2 boxes of Mac & Cheese. I convinced her to go back in the store and to get what she needed and I would pay for it. Like my mother, I could tell that this lady had a lot of pride and it would take all my skills in persuasion to get her to agree. She agreed of course and we went back into the store and got more groceries.

As we returned to the car she began crying and was overwhelmed with the feeling of gratefulness that she began to pray for the both of us. I was overcome as well to be able to help her. I know that this small act of kindness won't change the world but it felt good. I tell you this story not to garner any likes from anyone but to ask all my family and friends to open their hearts and help others in anyway that you can. It does makes a difference.
-------------------------------------------

Ty Baldwin - You should be proud of yourself!

IrwinFletcher
12-30-2015, 08:21 PM
Great story!

mufansince72
12-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Nice!

pbiflyer
12-30-2015, 09:15 PM
Being the Difference!