6pm, FS1-Incarnate Word @ St. John's- Brian Custer, Jim Spanarkel

Saturday 12-19-15
11am, ESPN2- #12*Villanova @ #8*Virginia- Dave O'Brien, Jay Bilas

11am, FOX- Wichita State @ Seton Hall- Tim Brando, Jim Jackson

11am, FS1- Auburn @ #10 Xavier- Joe Davis, Nick Bahe

11am, FSN- UNC Asheville @ Georgetown- Rick Ackerman, Ron Thompson

1:00pm, FS1- Northwestern @ DePaul- Aaron Goldsmith, Stephen Bardo

1:00pm, ESPNU Creighton @ #3 Oklahoma, - Ted Emrich, Bryndon Manzer

4:00pm, BTN #9 Purdue vs #17 Butler (Crossroad Classic)- Cory Provus, Jon Crispin

7pm, FSN, Rider @ #14 Providence- Will Flemming, Vin Parise

Sunday, 12-20
11:00 - NJIT @ St. John's, FS1 - Dave Sims, Tarik Turner

MU/Panther
12-18-2015, 08:09 PM
Final
Incarnate Word 73 St. John's 51

Nukem2
12-18-2015, 08:17 PM
Final
Incarnate Word 73 St. John's 51
Ouch.

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 05:51 AM
11am, ESPN2- #12*Villanova @ #8*Virginia- Dave O'Brien, Jay Bilas

11am, FOX- Wichita State @ Seton Hall- Tim Brando, Jim Jackson

11am, FS1- Auburn @ #10 Xavier- Joe Davis, Nick Bahe

11am, FSN- UNC Asheville @ Georgetown- Rick Ackerman, Ron Thompson

1:00pm, FS1- Northwestern @ DePaul- Aaron Goldsmith, Stephen Bardo

1:00pm, ESPNU Creighton @ #3 Oklahoma, - Ted Emrich, Bryndon Manzer

4:00pm, BTN #9 Purdue vs #17 Butler (Crossroad Classic)- Cory Provus, Jon Crispin

7pm, FSN, Rider @ #14 Providence- Will Flemming, Vin Parise

Providence -16
Butler +4.5
Creighton +13.5
DePaul +4.5
Seton Hall +4
Xavier -17
Villanova +4.5
Of the 7 games that have a number, the Big East is an underdog in 5 of them.

DCwarrior
12-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Big opportunities but also a chance the conference falls flat on their face this weekend.

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 11:20 AM
Villanova 35 Virginia 33, 2nd half on ESPN2*

UNCA 31 Georgetown 29, halftime on FSN

Xavier 39 Auburn 30, halftime on FS1*

Wichita State 40 Seton Hall 30, halftime on FOX

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 12:45 PM
15 to 5 run for the Hall.
54-53 Wichita State

UNCA 70 Georgetown 68, 3:57 left on FSN

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Big opportunities but also a chance the conference falls flat on their face this weekend.

So far it's looking like the latter... And we are due for that I guess. Seton Hall down, G'town down, Nova down, and SJU lost to incarnate word.

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Final
UNCA 79 Georgetown 73

Final
Virginia 86 Villanova 75

Wichita State 64 Seton Hall 63, 2:41 left on BIG FOX*

Xavier 82 Auburn 58, 2:27 left on FS1

MUAlphaBangura
12-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Georgetown certainly not helping Wisconsin's RPI. :cool:

MUAlphaBangura
12-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Seton Hall's Isaiah Whitehead is an absolute moron. 30 footer with 5 seconds on the clock and tie score. That is a recipe for a blow out loss in overtime.

Markedman
12-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Natives getting restless......https://twitter.com/casualhoya/status/678291254854086657

Markedman
12-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Really nice win for the Hall. High level game.....crowd was into it. Maybe Willard is going to make it after all?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Natives getting restless......https://twitter.com/casualhoya/status/678291254854086657

They have reason to be, they haven't gotten the kind of results a school like Georgetown should expect... With that said firing him will be incredibly political.

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Huge win for Seton Hall in beating Wichita State, who beat Utah last Saturday, who beat Duke today at MSG.

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Oklahoma 57 Creighton 52, 13:31 left on ESPNU*

DePaul 43 Northwestern 38, 15:50 left on FS1

Markedman
12-19-2015, 03:06 PM
DePaul in OT against the cats.

Markedman
12-19-2015, 03:19 PM
DePaul loses....again

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 03:55 PM
That missed dunk for DePaul to go by three points late was the killer.

Nukem2
12-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Huge win for Seton Hall in beating Wichita State, who beat Utah last Saturday, who beat Duke today at MSG.As I've been saying all along, SHU is going to be much better than most posters on these various MU boards think. Then again, SHU could always implode. I don't think that is going to happen.

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 04:25 PM
As I've been saying all along, SHU is going to be much better than most posters on these various MU boards think. Then again, SHU could always implode. I don't think that is going to happen.
I don't read what most have to say or other boards. So, I missed what you have ever said about Seton Hall.

What do you like about Seton Hall?

warriorfan4life
12-19-2015, 04:32 PM
I'm wondering if DSR coming back was not a good thing for Georgetown. They looked good offensively without him in the Maryland game, and he's not much on the defensive end. Probably should be playing off the ball, but then you'd have to bench either Peak or Copeland.

Nukem2
12-19-2015, 04:35 PM
I don't read what most have to say or other boards. So, I missed what you have ever said about Seton Hall.

What do you like about Seton Hall?SHU has talent and is going to be dangerous. The team had factions last year and the "good guys" left leaving Isaiah Whitehead's group. They may be meatheads, but they have talent and are playing together. Tough to watch SHU at times, but the Pirates are not going to be an easy out this year.

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Halftime
Butler 31 Purdue 27

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 04:48 PM
SHU has talent and is going to be dangerous. The team had factions last year and the "good guys" left leaving Isaiah Whitehead's group. They may be meatheads, but they have talent and are playing together. Tough to watch SHU at times, but the Pirates are not going to be an easy out this year.

I thought losing Gibbs would be a blow.

Dec. 30th is bigger at the Bradley Center that most might think.

MUMac
12-19-2015, 04:48 PM
Halftime
Butler 31 Purdue 27

Big game for Butler. Purdue is going to be a really good team. Extremely tall and athletic bigs.

Markedman
12-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Butler just out working them right now. Jones can't shoot a lick but he plays so hard and is the straw that stirs the drink for Butler.

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 05:27 PM
#18 Butler 49 #9 Purdue 37, 11:41 left on BTN

Markedman
12-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Wow what an impressive performance by Butler

Markedman
12-19-2015, 05:39 PM
What is really impressive is they have a 16 point lead against the 8th ranked team in the country and Dunham us 0-11 from the floor and has 2 points.

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Butler almost blew it. Made plays in the final 20 seconds. 74-68!

Markedman
12-19-2015, 07:13 PM
Not Big East but Wisconsin native Paul Jespersen is lighting up ISU from deep.

Burton's first game for Cyclones. I've watched him play about 2 minutes and he has jacked up 2 3s....and missed.

I'll be interested to see if his game has matured at all in the last year.

MU/Panther
12-19-2015, 07:50 PM
Burton has played too much for ISU. Would be another huge win for UNI.

Halftime
Providence 33 Rider 29
Rider closes on a 19-9 run. Dunn is not playing.

Games is on the FS Wisconsin overflow channel. It's 1310 for TWC.

MUMac
12-19-2015, 08:41 PM
So, does someone from UNI get to tell Iowa State fans that Iowa is a Panther state?

MU/Panther
12-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Final from Sunday
NJIT 83 St. John's 74

MUBasketball
12-20-2015, 02:54 PM
Final from Sunday
NJIT 83 St. John's 74

This is no surprise, NJIT is actually decent (as we know!). No excuse for losing to Incarnate Word, however. My big complaint with Mullin (and JT3) is they aren't motivators. Teams take on the personality of their coach, and Mullin and JT3 (to a lesser extent) are more laid back. Wojo, Buzz, Crean...those guys are intense. Their teams played the same way.

CaribouJim
12-21-2015, 12:14 PM
This is no surprise, NJIT is actually decent (as we know!). No excuse for losing to Incarnate Word, however. My big complaint with Mullin (and JT3) is they aren't motivators. Teams take on the personality of their coach, and Mullin and JT3 (to a lesser extent) are more laid back. Wojo, Buzz, Crean...those guys are intense. Their teams played the same way.

I guess I respectfully disagree with you on this one. I'm a huge college b-ball fan, but maybe my least favorite thing about college b-ball is the borderline maniacal, control freak coaches running up and down the sidelines screaming their heads off on seemingly every possession.

As far as Mullin and SJU, their expectations were pretty low for this season - even a win against a less than stellar Syracuse team was certainly not expected although they did their best to give it away. I think Mullin has put together a pretty good staff and their recruiting seems to be going OK. He is learning the ropes for sure just like Brad Stephens was and probably still is in the NBA. I think both will be a success. I initially thought the Mullin hire was a miss, but I changed my mind and think his brand name is great for the Big East. I also like that he is secure enough to often let an assistant talk to the team during time outs.

I guess I don't link sideline or even practice "intensity" with motivation and ultimately success. John Wooden was certainly a motivator and I wouldn't characterize him as visually intense although I'm sure he was inside. I just don't put a ton of credence in the qualitative and intangible stuff.

As far as JT3, he might end up getting launched if this year gets really ugly, but I doubt it. If he does, I don't think his perceived "laid back" approach will be what did him in. Just my opinion.

MUBasketball
12-21-2015, 12:39 PM
I guess I respectfully disagree with you on this one. I'm a huge college b-ball fan, but maybe my least favorite thing about college b-ball is the borderline maniacal, control freak coaches running up and down the sidelines screaming their heads off on seemingly every possession.

As far as Mullin and SJU, their expectations were pretty low for this season - even a win against a less than stellar Syracuse team was certainly not expected although they did their best to give it away. I think Mullin has put together a pretty good staff and their recruiting seems to be going OK. He is learning the ropes for sure just like Brad Stephens was and probably still is in the NBA. I think both will be a success. I initially thought the Mullin hire was a miss, but I changed my mind and think his brand name is great for the Big East. I also like that he is secure enough to often let an assistant talk to the team during time outs.

I guess I don't link sideline or even practice "intensity" with motivation and ultimately success. John Wooden was certainly a motivator and I wouldn't characterize him as visually intense although I'm sure he was inside. I just don't put a ton of credence in the qualitative and intangible stuff.

As far as JT3, he might end up getting launched if this year gets really ugly, but I doubt it. If he does, I don't think his perceived "laid back" approach will be what did him in. Just my opinion.

You make a good counter argument. I completely agree with you about maniac coaches pacing the sidelines like lunatics. I'm not suggesting Mullin and JT3 should coach that way. Are they motivating in the locker room? In practices? I just don't understand how their teams can look SO flat so often. Mullin just sits there, half the timeouts he has his assistant's doing the talking. He just seems too laid back. It's a full rebuild for the program, obviously. Regardless, they are more talented than Incarnate Word. They were totally flat, looked awful, and got stomped by a terrible team. How do they follow it up? Looking awful against NJIT. They shouldn't be this bad.

GTown, for example, plays a dangerous Monmouth team that had already knocked off a few high major's going into that game. They should have been prepared and fired up not to be another casualty of the Monmouth mob. Not only do they lose, they lose by 15 points! How does that happen? Rutgers damn near beat them yesterday. OK, wake up call right? Nope, lose to Asheville for their 3rd home loss before the new year.

Everybody lays eggs now and then, but usually it's an aberration. In these instances, it seems like more of a trend. It just seems like a Fred Hoiberg/Jimmy situation. He's used to hard coaching, that's not Fred's style. Doesn't appear to be Mullin's either. He's only been a head coach at any level for a month, with an undermanned team. I'm jumping the gun a bit admittedly. They just play very flat.