PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling in the future

Gato78
12-14-2015, 10:23 PM
When the new arena is built, who is our opening night opponent? Bucky? Duke if Wojo is still here and Coach K is still at Duke? Notre Dame? St. John's in honor of AL? A double header with Bucky playing (say) Florida and Marquette playing UCLA? Carolina?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-14-2015, 10:24 PM
Grambling State... Jokes aside it will likely be an exhibition.

warriorfan4life
12-14-2015, 11:17 PM
When the new arena is built, who is our opening night opponent? Bucky? Duke if Wojo is still here and Coach K is still at Duke? Notre Dame? St. John's in honor of AL? A double header with Bucky playing (say) Florida and Marquette playing UCLA? Carolina?

I'd love for it to be ND. Got to resume that series, and hopefully cycle one of ND or Wisconsin at home every year.

CaribouJim
12-14-2015, 11:24 PM

I'd be in favor of a doubleheader with high profile teams as you suggested - great idea. I'm assuming that Duke, Kentucky, MSU and Kansas will forever be in that Chicago doubleheader just because they are Duke, UK, MSU, and KU.

So with those snobby blue bloods out go with ND vs UCLA and UNC vs MU. MU and Fox would have to pull a lot of strings to make it happen, but love those type of ideas. I think overall there has been a total lack of imagination on the part of the Big East's marketing of the league. BTW has Val ever been to MU for a game and if so did she make herself available to the press?

Goose85
12-15-2015, 08:46 AM
I do love the double header idea. Hope somehow MU can make that happen.

kneelb4zerg
12-15-2015, 09:21 AM

St. John's in November in advance of the Big East schedule? Not sure how that would work.

Mucrisco
12-15-2015, 09:36 AM
Kentucky

TheSultan
12-15-2015, 10:50 AM

I don't think Marquette should share opening night at its new arena with anyone, especially an in-state rival.

Notre Dame...UNC...Duke... All make some sense.

MU/Panther
12-15-2015, 10:55 AM
Belmont

Markedman
12-15-2015, 11:16 AM
I don't think K schedules games against his assistants does he?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-15-2015, 12:41 PM
I don't think K schedules games against his assistants does he?

This is true.

IrwinFletcher
12-15-2015, 04:00 PM
Great question and I hope that the Marquette brass tries to make it something special and a significant event.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-15-2015, 04:02 PM
I'm slightly afraid they won't do anything and will just hope the new facility draws more fans... Would be a shame.