PDA

View Full Version : The Big 12 and the Big East

Markedman
12-14-2015, 02:13 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/12/14/big-12-big-east-are-deep-deadly-and-ready-to-dominate-college-basketball/?postshare=5951450114219758&tid=ss_tw

Phantom Warrior
12-14-2015, 02:43 PM
"could contend for a national title"? Seriously? I'll be ecstatic if we make the Big Dance. We beat a mediocre team (LSU) by two points, a decent team (ASU) in overtime, and a beleaguered UW team by two. Hardly the type of resume that qualifies for consideration as a contender for the national championship. I also find it interesting that GTown is not mentioned, especially since they played a significant portion of the season without White and Campbell. Personally, I think this writer is full of baloney.

mufan2003
12-14-2015, 02:58 PM
"could contend for a national title"? Seriously? I'll be ecstatic if we make the Big Dance. We beat a mediocre team (LSU) by two points, a decent team (ASU) in overtime, and a beleaguered UW team by two. Hardly the type of resume that qualifies for consideration as a contender for the national championship. I also find it interesting that GTown is not mentioned, especially since they played a significant portion of the season without White and Campbell. Personally, I think this writer is full of baloney.

Good article and good exposure for the Big East. I am also amazed that Georgetown is not listed. They are a very well balanced team with the improvement of 7' Bradley Hayes (not to mention 6'10" Govan) and having a veteran PG in DVS, to go alongside a lot of length and talent on the wings. Butler is very good, but their biggest interior players, Chrabasz and Wideman, are 6'7"/6'8". Can't wait for conference play to tip off.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-14-2015, 10:26 PM
And the article is from the Washington post... Georgetown no doubt should be mentioned by a local paper.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-15-2015, 07:09 PM
Maybe GT isn't mentioned because they are the local team, figure everyone should already know them. That said, I'm curious what GT will be. Their two best wins, Wisconsin and Syracuse, continue to look less and less convincing as non-conference play goes on. Played close to Duke and Maryland, but lost to Radford and struggling (early) with an admittedly surprising Monmouth team.

Watching Monmouth and looking at what they've done already this year, they look like one of those 13/14-seeds that no one will want to play come March.